Simulating games freezes on certain dates

Creaghorn

Hi, Im using the latest 2019 schedule. Thank you very much for making it, very well done. All seems to be fine, but simulating games makes it occasionally freeze, at least with minorleague games. I have searched for older threads with this issue. Found some couple years old, but unfortunately without solution. Not sure what's causing this. does anybody know by now and how to fix it? Playing with original CD of course.

8 hours ago, Creaghorn said:

Hi, Im using the latest 2019 schedule. Thank you very much for making it, very well done. All seems to be fine, but simulating games makes it occasionally freeze, at least with minorleague games. I have searched for older threads with this issue. Found some couple years old, but unfortunately without solution. Not sure what's causing this. does anybody know by now and how to fix it? Playing with original CD of course.

Minor league schedules are a part of a different schedule. If you open the schedule.big directory, you'll see 3 MLB season schedules, a couple AAA schedules, and a few schedules for AA and A. My suggestion would be to open up the schedule.big from a clean install of MVP Baseball 2005, extract all the files that do not say MLB, and then import them into the current game you're playing. That will have the default minor league schedules in place in your modded game. If things are still acting up, I'm not sure what could be the issue.

P.S.: The schedule.big file can be found in the MVP Baseball 2005/data/database folder.

I think the new schedules only involve the MLB schedules.  I doubt Dylan has touched any minor league files.   Usually the freeze is either a roster problem or a mod that you may have added.

For example, I know the Max Kepler face was causing freezes in-game for me, but what causes a freeze in game could potentially cause a sim pause too.

So we need to know more like what roster you're using, what "build" of the game you're using (e.g., a total conversion mod and what you added to that).  Basically, any time after you add a mod, you should not only back up those files it's affecting, but then test it in game.

Thanks for your replies.

I also doubt it has something to do with the schedule or minor league schedule, otherwise more people would report having issues.

I'll investigate what the reason might be. Faulty cyberfaces causing simulated games to freeze is new to me, but who knows.

I have clean 2005 installed including patch, tested it, installed mvp 2015, tested it, then added your newest roster and collected various cyberfaces from the site, and tested them. All worked fine.

The freezing occured in the first yankee series vs. LAA when i tried to simulate a whole season. Sometimes, after trying again several times, those minor league games on those days went through, but mostly not. when managing those minor league games, it worked well.

I'll check all cyberfaces of the yankee minor league team, the opponents minor league teams on that day, and just to make sure, also all from LAA, since those are the teams involved.

Since on those days it does not occure always but mostly, if there is someone faulty in the roster, it obviously must be an everyday player of the minor league opponents, who has a day off on those try outs when it works. But that's just a guess.

Would be frustrating to finish a good game, then having the game freeze after automatically entering the days schedule, without having the option to leave the screen to save it, until all minor league teams have played.

Thanks a lot

cheers

Archived