Total Classic 10 - Field Changer

jtdoowop

Hi

I found a few field changer that will eliminate the shimmering on grass - but they don't say they work with TC10 - - they say you have to have mvp2006 or 2007 installed What does that

mean ??  I just want to eliminate the shimmering on the grass - No other mods used except TC10 & Legends of the booth.... Please help - tell me what I can or can't do.

Thanks ..........JTDOOWOP

PS...........At 74 I am amazed I have everything running .....and now the ugly EA Grass

Hi YankeeforLife

1st - Thanks for responding - and Thank You for all you do for MVP mods

Both of these downloads are on Page 6 of Downloads MIsc section
I also tries a grass changer called Gchanger.exe - that just hung when I ran it on both versions

I am running windows 7 and the games with TC10 works great

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Boricuapapi1885's Hi Res Grass And Dirt Mod v2.0 Installer
https://www.mvpmods.com/files/file/3637-boricuapapi1885s-hi-res-grass-and-dirt-mod-v20-installer/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

About This File

This will update the horrible looking dirt and grass ea made. With much better textures in hi res. UPDATE: Fixes Spots and crash

issues ANd includes 3 installers. ONe with -40 Contrast which will rerduce the shimmering some people with lower computer specs are

having but will lower grass quality, -80 contrast that will severly lower the grass texture but no shimmering will happen if you

have a 1995 computer lol. ANd of course THE HI RES version Grass and Dirt Special thanks: ChicagoCubs720 for testing the mod and

supplying me with a good dirt file frim hh2004 so that I can make my dirt texture using that file.And to everyone at mvpmods.com.

Without you guys this all would not be possible. Thanks for all your support and appreciation for my work. It makes everything worth

it. Also a special thanks to serialmike for making the grass texture which I modified to have no shimmering And a Very special

thanks to WarriorxLegolas for making the installer. Thanks for all you help and now everyone can enjoy the mod without the hard

steps of editing the files

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Field Changer v.1.2
https://www.mvpmods.com/files/file/3869-field-changer-v12/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This mod will update the field graphics for all 30 MLB stadiums in the game.  Both the infield dirt and grass have been changed for

all stadiums
and certain ones have a recolored warning track and on deck circles etc.  All modifications that were made should closely resemble

the correct
colors for that particular stadium.  The most important thing about this mod however, is that it is low-res meaning it shouldn't

cause memory
issues and that it is 90% shimmer free, a huge improvement over the original EA grass.

The MVP 07 mod is required for this installation and can be downloaded at MVPMods.com or EAMods.com

Before installing remember to backup your entire stadium folder in the MVP data folder. To install run the field_changer.exe and

follow the
instructions as prompted.

All questions and comments should be directed to the Field Changer release thread on MVPMods.com

Donations for the efforts put into this mod are very much appreciated and can be sent via Paypal (jtrea81@roadrunner.com)

The modders for this project are as follows:

Trues - modder for all NL parks
The Big O - modder for all AL parks
Compmaniac - complier and installer creator

Special thanks to raindelay for his original Grass Changer mod (a great idea that has now been expanded upon to be even better),

Pirate
and hyman for the permission to use parts of their mods and to the beta testers at MVPMods.com.  Thanks again guys!

Enjoy!

History:

v.1.2 - Yankee Stadium - Removed dirt from coaches' boxes and on deck circles
        Jacobs Field - Touched up patterns for day and night versions
        Dodger Stadium - Fixed missing texture in day version

v.1.1 - Fixed issue with dirt in AT&T Park
        Various color adjustments made to the following stadiums:

Yankee Stadium (day & nite)
        U.S. Cellular Field (day & nite)
        McAfee Col./Cisco Field (day only)
        Petco Park (day & nite)

v.1.0 - Initial release

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Again for taking the time to help me ............JTDOOWOP

Hi YankeeforLife

I am also running the following

Windows 7 - 64bit  6GB Memory

Microsoft Net Framework 4.7.2
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributeable - x64 9.0.21022

PS ........I also tried Gchanger.exe by Twiggins Utilites  - both versions 1 & 2 started and hung with a black screen

Hello,

Thank you for giving me the links for those two files that you were looking at. First off let me try to explain about the season mods in here. Each one however different than they are from each other are built off the PC version of MVP baseball 2005. There is a lot of classic mods that we have here for example the 1978 season, 1969, 1951, 1915 etc. etc. They are all different but they are made on the same PC model of MVP baseball 2005.

You can use these two files in Total Classics Phase 10. What I would do is reread the directions again and then install them. These two mods sound similar but there are differences between them. Let me try to explain each one.

Boricuapapi1885's Hi Res Grass And Dirt Mod v2.0 Installer: This is going to make the grass in each stadium look a lot better. This mod was released in 2006 so you should have no trouble having it be compatible for Windows 7. In fact I am running the same mod on my Windows 7 laptop.

Field Changer v.1.2: This mod came out in 2007 and while it does some things as the other mod this one updates the graphics on all thirty stadiums. After reading the description of this mod I am not too sure if you should install this in TC Phase 10 because it does not update ballparks that are in this mod like Ebbets Field in Brooklyn, Shibe Park in Philadelphia and many others. I don't have the field changer in my copy of Total Classics and if someone else does and it works I hope that they can come in here and correct what I just said. Good luck and I know you'll have fun with this wonderful mod. The credit for these mods go to the fine people in here and not me. Please post any more questions that you have and enjoy the mod. Take care sir.

Hi YankeeforLife

Thank You very much for your assistance -

I will use the Hi Res Grass and dirt Mod tomorrow as you suggest - and delete the Field Changer as I will not be using it.

Thanks Again for all you do to make life a little better for all those enjoying MVP Mods...............JTDOOWOP

Hi YankeeforLife

Well - I tried to make the Hi Res Grass and dirt Mod work several times - No luck - grass is worse than before I used it shimmering like crazy.
Unless it only modifies stadiums in the original non modded game - I don't know what else to do.

It does not seem to work with TC10 - Has anyone else made this thing work ?? .........Thanks ............JTDOOWOP

41 minutes ago, jtdoowop said:

Hi YankeeforLife

Well - I tried to make the Hi Res Grass and dirt Mod work several times - No luck - grass is worse than before I used it shimmering like crazy.
Unless it only modifies stadiums in the original non modded game - I don't know what else to do.

It does not seem to work with TC10 - Has anyone else made this thing work ?? .........Thanks ............JTDOOWOP

Okay what I'm going to do is message someone who is one of the best modders on this website and I'm going to ask him to check out this thread.

Archived