Ari's "Dynasty" (Owner mode actually)

Ari

Do you think Ari should get Reggie Sanders?  

14 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

Before you read this i want you to know that you can feel freel to write anything you feel about this dynasty, any q's or comments i can answer to. (I ask you not to spam here, however.)

=Edit= Since my computer's stupid system restore damaged my owner mode for MVP, i started a new one, and traded to try to restore the lineup i had before. Unfortunately i couldnt get wily mo pena, doug mirabelli, and jose reyes, but i did succeed with everyone else and got 3 star rookies as a bonus. I was successful in restoring the rotation, with the exception of paul quantrill instead of rafael soriano.

I'm gonna start with my lineup and RO which i got in a draft:

=Edit=

1. LF Matt Seanez

2. CF Alex Sanches

3. 1B Albert Pujols

4. DH David Ortiz

5. C Joe Mauer

6. RF Ace Connelly

7. 1B Tino Martinez

8. SS Christain Guzman

9. 2B Ricky Weeks

Ro:

1. Derek Lowe (injured for season)

2. AJ Burnett

3. Gil Meche

4. Horacio Ramirez

5. Joaquin Benoit

SU 1 - Greg Aquino

SU 2 - Scott Stewart

CP - Tom Gordon

If you guys got any suggesttions lemme know.

A very promising start for the New York Yankees in their 6-1 win against the Boston Red Sox.

Mark Prior allowed the first run to David Ortiz, hitting a solo shot over "big blue" of the newly built "Mantle Collesium" in the bottom of the second. After that, ricky weeks brought in his first RBI as a rookie.

The next run was again by david ortiz in the bottom of the third with a 2 run shot over big blue once again, and in the eigth inning as well, another 2 run shot.

Ortiz was interviewed at the end of the game. "This is much better than fenway park as far as i know. The fact that the wall is so short makes it a lot easier to hit the ball over."

Derek Lowe also had a great game, allowing 5 hits and 1 run in 9 innings, and striking out 7.

Here is the home run list for the yankees:

1. David Ortiz - 3HR

AJ Burnett had an unbelievable game for his first start of the season.

He struck out nine in nine, allowing only 2 hits.

The runs were scored at first in the bottom of the first on an RBI singly by Albert Pujols.

Pujols struck again in the bottom of the 6th hitting an RBI double out to "big blue." Ortiz then drove in Pujols on an RBI single. With the bases loaded and 1 out, Ace Connelly drove in his first run with a sac fly.

Joe Mauer had the first home run of the season as a yankee in the bottom of the 8th inning.

We caught AJ Burnett in the Yankees' locker room. "I guess i did well because im comfortable with this team, with mike (scioscia) and the rest of the guys (bullpen). We share a lot of our own tricks, and it seems that what i absorbed from them turned out to work for me."

We tried to catch albert pujols but he was in a hurry to leave.

Here is the updated HR list.

1. David Ortiz - 3

2. Joe Mauer - 1

Stadium doesnt really look good but i rarely play in it i play in the stadium instead. I gotta make more cash and make it look better and ill get back to u after that.

meanwhile my bench has:

3B Rob Quinlan

C J.D. Closser

=Edit= RF - Ruben Sierra

=Edit= 2B - Jorge Cantu

Salary will kill him eventually.

Actually he's got a point there. I'm behind in salary by almost a million, but its gonna catch up eventually. The way i work my dynasties is that if a player wants too much money from me i release em and use my star rookies. I get those rookies by trading older players past their prime.

=Edit= Right now with more rookies on the team salary is less of a problem but will become one eventually.

you should trade AJ Burnett and a prospect for Ben Sheets

Im glad u brought that up. I dont want to lose AJ because he is too good of a pitcher to give up. However, the red sox have the handle on Sheets, and i doubt they would ever give him up.

Dont get me wrong i know sheets is great, but im really really proud of burnett and i have no reason to trade him. However, i would be willing to trade an injured Derek Lowe if possible, but i dont know if the sox would be willing to do that.

=Edit= Lowe is no longer injured :-)

My other thought is trading gil meche and a couple of minor league vets if i can. I dont want to lose my prospects because they are the future of my team.

I will try to get sheets later in the season if i see one of my pitchers faltering. Thanks for the valuable advice. Keep posting.

Im glad u brought that up. I dont want to lose AJ because he is too good of a pitcher to give up. However, the red sox have the handle on Sheets, and i doubt they would ever give him up.

Dont get me wrong i know sheets is great, but im really really proud of burnett and i have no reason to trade him. However, i would be willing to trade an injured Derek Lowe if possible, but i dont know if the sox would be willing to do that.

My other thought is trading gil meche and a couple of minor league vets if i can. I dont want to lose my prospects because they are the future of my team.

I will try to get sheets later in the season if i see one of my pitchers faltering. Thanks for the valuable advice. Keep posting.

Oh,that was just my suggestion because I thought Burnett was driving you crazy(as he was me.In 2 months,he went on the DL 3 times and got suspended for 9 games once)If your rotation needs a veteran lefty,get a fast second baseman(like Tony Womack)and an aging but still good 1b(Like Tino)and swap them for Reuter,that is assuming the salaries are even or you are taking on more $$.

I think you need to come up with another tag-line other than "Amazing Grace". No offense, but it's kinda lame.

Noted. I just felt like saying it cuz it was like a "miracle" for such HR's and stuff.

=Edit= all the "amazing grace" posts are gone

Oh,that was just my suggestion because I thought Burnett was driving you crazy(as he was me.In 2 months,he went on the DL 3 times and got suspended for 9 games once)If your rotation needs a veteran lefty,get a fast second baseman(like Tony Womack)and an aging but still good 1b(Like Tino)and swap them for Reuter,that is assuming the salaries are even or you are taking on more $$.

Well this season its lowe who'se "Driving me nuts' with injury bug. I dont like veteran pitchers usually cuz they aint as good as the younger ones. I prefer to stick with young talent like florida has. Thats a good strategy that they had in 2003 to take the title.

Archived