Feedback on the latest ATI driver?

rickeysue

Has anyone with an ATI video card updated to the version 5.2 driver and if so, is there any difference in how the game performs? I have a Radeon 9600 All In Wonder and I see a little stuttering and the shimmering grass, but all in all, the game plays fine. I have the previous driver that I think is version 5.1. I was thinking of updating my driver, but I won't if it doesn't make any appreciable difference. Rick

use the dna drivers over at guru3d.com. no stuttering. I got ati radeon 9800

Which version do you recommend? also, I have an x300se(pci express) w/ 128ram. I was wondering where this card would fall in the ATI heiarchy?

yeah, I'm using the 5.2 drivers with a 9800SE and everything is fine. Turning up AF and AA helps with the shimmering grass. I have 6x AA and 16x AF on, and the grass looks pretty good that way.

I have a 9800pro and am doing the same thing. Maybe Truform as well and catalyst AI may help improve.

I have a Radeon 345M IGP it seems to be ok, bit slow however its just the players that look crap, have white patches on them, look nearly see through, real shame, i have tried looking for updates can't find anything. I have a laptop computer, can't put a new graphics card in it. I might just have to settle using MVP Baseball 2004 that worked fine. Waste of money now buying 2005.

A really disappointed fan!!!

Archived