Faces & Portraits Not Showing

eskie01

It's the pest again...LOL!  I had to reinstall my original game and I DO HAVE the original discs that came with it when my wife bought it for me at Circuit City either in 2005 or 2006.  I DON'T know what's goin' on with my pc and this game.  I didn't do anything new to it either.  Now the stupid portraits and cyberfaces don't show in their boxes.  I did change the option thing to point to the right game too.  I'm about ready to bang my head on a brick wall along with the pc...LOL.  Do you know if there's any additional stupid Microsoft updates that I need to be aware of like that other listing that caused the game not to run at all???  I'm running Windows 7 64 bit, but I NEVER had any problems before last week.  Would anybody know if it's a hardware problem...it's a 2012 pc.

Thanks,

Eskie01

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 8:22 PM, Kccitystar said:

Not sure what kind of specs you have on that machine or what video card it may be running

KC,

It worked ever since Don Cropper taught how to do uniform mods and do custom rosters with the editor.  All of a sudden about 2 weeks now ago, the portraits and faces disappeared from being displayed in the editor.  I know that my machine needs to have the processor fan & heat sink replaced so I don't know if there was any damage to the processor before I knew that the fan went.  Also, even though I don't want it to, the windows update starts putting updates on it automatically before I see what it's doing.  I have Windows 7 64 bit, ASUS 7770 HD video card.  I haven't changed my hard ware any.  The odd thing is if I open up my backed up copy in the external hard drive, it works ok.

I just tried something.  I reinstalled my editor and then copied my backed up editor files of the 71, 74, etc., seasons into the folder in Program Files (x86).  I opened up the editor in that folder and the 1971 editor file therein and then in options changed the MVP Baseball folder to the 1971 backed up on the external hard drive, it then showed the portraits correctly like it always had.  Then when I change it back to the one on the c drive (MVP Baseball 2005), it messes up again.  I even copied the same MVP baseball 1971 that worked on the external to my c drive in Ea sports, it messed up again.  Now you know my I want to run my stupid head through a brick wall...LOL!!!

Thanks for any help!

Eskie01

Archived