Cant startup MVP 2005

Jackh

Hope everyone is safe

I found my MVP 2005 and would like to start playing it now during this pandemic.

Im having issues with starting up my mvp 2005 on 2 seperate PC. (win 10 and XP)

i have both CDs and did a clean install with patch 5 as recommended. i would first like to run the game and then work on mods after. Im not such a techy. 

whats surprising is i found an old XP desktop around an its not starting up on there either. Its an XP version 2002 Service pack 3, intel celeron 1200MHz . 

The game is installed but nothing happens when starting the game.

I've tried secdrv but that didnt do anything 

My other PC is win 10. ive tried secdrv on there also, to no avail.

If someone can please help me that would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance

22 minutes ago, Kccitystar said:

On the XP machine, what are the full specs on that machine?

Its an XP version 2002 Service pack 3, intel celeron

1200MHz 1.20 GHZ 512Mb Ram

after instal it has 6.52GB of free space

1 hour ago, Yankee4Life said:

Do you still have the box?

which box? from the game?

IDK man, the cd is installed and then nothing happens after that. i try double clicking the desktop shortcut and nothing happens reinsert disk 2 nothing happens...

i get to see the clemens and ausmus screen for a second then screen turns black and then zilch, nada, nothing, it takes me s back to my desktop without running the game  

5 minutes ago, Jackh said:

which box? from the game?

IDK man, the cd is installed and then nothing happens after that. i try double clicking the desktop shortcut and nothing happens reinsert disk 2 nothing happens...

i get to see the clemens and ausmus screen for a second then screen turns black and then zilch, nada, nothing, it takes me s back to my desktop without running the game  

run dxdiag and tell me what you see on the Display tab

3 hours ago, Jackh said:

im able to run NHL99

but not MVP 2003 and MVP 2005

What is wrong with the display adapter?

If the display adapter will not work with MVP 03, it will not run MVP 05.

What you will need to play MVP 05, or the MVP series in general is a graphics card. Given how old the machine is, it'll be a bit of a challenge to try and find something that fits.

From the documentation that comes with the game:

MVP Baseball 2005 supports AGP, PCI-Xpress, and some PCI Video cards, provided thay have 32 MB memory or more and use one of the following chipsets:
ATI Radeon Series 7500 or greater
Intel 915g
Matrox Parhelia
NVIDIA GeForce2 or greater

oh well

and where do i start for my win 10 machine

1 hour ago, Kccitystar said:

Given how old the machine is, it'll be a bit of a challenge to try and find something that fits.

does it make any sense to buy a graphics card? what type of ballpark figure are we talking about?

The MVP Baseball series itself doesn't work with Windows 10. The security mechanism that the games use to verify a genuine disk do not work with Windows 10.

47 minutes ago, Jackh said:

does it make any sense to buy a graphics card? what type of ballpark figure are we talking about?

less than $200.

Archived