No. 1 starter gets skipped

nksj28

Hello,

I've been looking around for a solution to this problem but since I haven't found one, I figure maybe someone here might be able to help. I just started a new dynasty in MVP2005 but my pitching rotation got all messed up. My first three starters are Jake Peavy, AJ Burnett, and Brandon Backe in that order. Peavy should be starting Game 1 of the season, but when I go to start it, Burnett is selected as the starting pitcher, with Peavy being skipped. I tried switching to Peavy and then I simmed the game, but the starter for the second game became Backe with Burnett being skipped. Does anyone know why that happens and how that can be fixed (i.e., start the season with my No. 1 starter like a normal baseball team)? I don't want to have to switch pitchers every single game.

MVP2005 SPissue.JPG

I haven't played in season mode in quite some time, but just make sure that Peavy isn't injured? It could be that he's still in the rotation but has a 5 day injury and isn't on the DL?

Also, most Major League teams only use 4 starters over the first week of the season, so things should sort themselves out after 4 games, but just check your Injury Report and see what's going on there.

21 hours ago, BallFour said:

I haven't played in season mode in quite some time, but just make sure that Peavy isn't injured? It could be that he's still in the rotation but has a 5 day injury and isn't on the DL?

Also, most Major League teams only use 4 starters over the first week of the season, so things should sort themselves out after 4 games, but just check your Injury Report and see what's going on there.

This is the first game of the season, so there's no injury to speak of. It just defaulted to Burnett as the first game's pitcher for some reason. 😕

I think I've figured out a workaround! I demoted Burnett to AAA and put Buhler into the No. 2 rotation spot. I then recalled Burnett and put Buhler back into the LRP spot. When I went into the "Play/Manage" screen, Peavy is selected as the No. 1 starter. To check if it actually worked, I simmed the game and Burnett is slotted to start Game 2!

2 hours ago, nksj28 said:

I think I've figured out a workaround! I demoted Burnett to AAA and put Buhler into the No. 2 rotation spot. I then recalled Burnett and put Buhler back into the LRP spot. When I went into the "Play/Manage" screen, Peavy is selected as the No. 1 starter. To check if it actually worked, I simmed the game and Burnett is slotted to start Game 2!

Awesome. Glad you got it fixed.

Archived