Pitchers with 100+ control??? HELP NEEDED!

EZMADDEN

So I'm in the process of creating a random roster generator for MLB 2K12, and I'm about 99% of the way done. I only have accessories left to do. BUT, something strange is happening...

I have my spreadsheet set to where the max value it will generate for pitch control is 99, just like in the game, and my spreadsheet does this correctly. Then I import the data into Reditor II and it shows up correctly in there as well. Then I load up the game, and this is when things get weird...

When I load up the roster in-game, the majority of pitchers show up as a 99 OVR. Obviously something has gone wrong at that point, so I began scrambling to find out where I myself messed up. After tinkering with an endless amount of formulas, I still hadn't found a fix. So I looked at the player ratings in-game one more time, and this brings me to the problem. 

So when I look at a pitcher in the roster screen they will have a 100+ control, sometimes even adding up to a 150 control rating. But, if I go into that same pitcher in edit player mode, his control ratings are very normal and nowhere near ridiculous. Then when I tick one rating up, and the same rating back down, then accept my changes to the player, that player's control will now show up as the rating it SHOULD be, and their OVR will reflect it as well. 

So do you guys know why this is, and a potential fix for it? I really want to release this roster generator for you guys! 

On 7/2/2020 at 1:58 AM, EZMADDEN said:

So I'm in the process of creating a random roster generator for MLB 2K12, and I'm about 99% of the way done. I only have accessories left to do. BUT, something strange is happening...

I have my spreadsheet set to where the max value it will generate for pitch control is 99, just like in the game, and my spreadsheet does this correctly. Then I import the data into Reditor II and it shows up correctly in there as well. Then I load up the game, and this is when things get weird...

When I load up the roster in-game, the majority of pitchers show up as a 99 OVR. Obviously something has gone wrong at that point, so I began scrambling to find out where I myself messed up. After tinkering with an endless amount of formulas, I still hadn't found a fix. So I looked at the player ratings in-game one more time, and this brings me to the problem. 

So when I look at a pitcher in the roster screen they will have a 100+ control, sometimes even adding up to a 150 control rating. But, if I go into that same pitcher in edit player mode, his control ratings are very normal and nowhere near ridiculous. Then when I tick one rating up, and the same rating back down, then accept my changes to the player, that player's control will now show up as the rating it SHOULD be, and their OVR will reflect it as well. 

So do you guys know why this is, and a potential fix for it? I really want to release this roster generator for you guys! 

Have you taken a look at the REDitor II manual? I think it explains what the min-max values can be for each field and it's probably something that's causing a bug.

Archived