ATI Mobility Radeon X600 or 9000????

Beckster24

Hi there I am thinking of upgarding my computer HP Pavillion, I have two which I have thought about getting, but unsure if the graphics card will be ok to play MVP 2005. Anyone here have either X600 or 9000 AT Radeon and it works ok for them??

Appreciate some feedback thanks

Beck

Don't get a ATI Mobility card....EA doesn't support laptops :cry:

:roll:

Rubbish. I've got a HP Pavilion zx5000 laptop with a Mobility Radeon 9200 and it works just fine. All you have to do is make sure to not run anything else at the same time as MVP (AIM is a big memory hog)...

Rubbish. I've got a HP Pavilion zx5000 laptop with a Mobility Radeon 9200 and it works just fine. All you have to do is make sure to not run anything else at the same time as MVP (AIM is a big memory hog)...

Not rubbish...Actual quote from EA Tech Support. I've got a 9700 Mobility and as soon as i mentioned that, he told me that EA doesn't support laptops. There are many threads and quotes on this.

I can reduce my process to just 4 (explorer, taskmanager, MVP, and fraps -- to count the few number of frames/sec) and still get serious studdering and chopiness (i finally had to underclock my video card to get it to work). yes that's right, SLOW DOWN my system to get MVP to work. EA sports games don't work very well with higher end systems (like mine) and will work excellent with lower ones.

Not rubbish...Actual quote from EA Tech Support. I've got a 9700 Mobility and as soon as i mentioned that, he told me that EA doesn't support laptops. There are many threads and quotes on this.

I can reduce my process to just 4 (explorer, taskmanager, MVP, and fraps -- to count the few number of frames/sec) and still get serious studdering and chopiness (i finally had to underclock my video card to get it to work). yes that's right, SLOW DOWN my system to get MVP to work. EA sports games don't work very well with higher end systems (like mine) and will work excellent with lower ones.

Well, all I can tell you is that mine works fine on my system after shutting down most of the memory hogs and defragging the system regularly.

Archived