controller configuration

apyanks24

Oh, NYBALLER. The guy on EASPORTS who you think I am. I feel bad for the guy. You probably all think he cheats. Do yourself a favor and stop calling him that. I could tell you for sure it's not me so stop ruining his online gaming because you are all immature.

By the way, I may be back as APYANKS later on in the year. As I said before they made a mistake and sent me the XBOX version. I have been playing that and have been happy but will probably get it for PC when I get bored and when the price drops to fifteen dollars.

all the people around policing their own posts how funny, some people need to settle down, and if you already created a post about the same subject he is right, if you didn't get an acceptable answer from that post what makes you think another post would make things all better.

Okay - I'll take this one.

What was it you wanted to do again? Oh yeah... stopping baserunners in the basepath. Isn't that still in the game? It doesn't appear to be in my controller.cfg by default, but I think the lines in there are only those that are different mappings for your controller than the default mappings. Have you tried using whatever buttons they were last year (5 and 6 by default, I think)? I know I stopped my runner(s) in a game of MVP 2005 at least once, and I think I used one of those buttons.

If buttons 5 and 6 aren't working for ya, try putting these lines in your controller.cfg and map them to whatever button you want - and see what happens.

VPAD_RUNNER_STOP_SELECTED= button 5

VPAD_RUNNER_STOP_ALL= button 6

Hope that helps.

Oh, NYBALLER. The guy on EASPORTS who you think I am. I feel bad for the guy. You probably all think he cheats. Do yourself a favor and stop calling him that. I could tell you for sure it's not me so stop ruining his online gaming because you are all immature.

By the way, I may be back as APYANKS later on in the year. As I said before they made a mistake and sent me the XBOX version. I have been playing that and have been happy but will probably get it for PC when I get bored and when the price drops to fifteen dollars.

Why are you defeding NYBALLER so much??? You are telling us to stop calling him a cheater, and you already have the PC version because you wouldn't be asking these questions about changing the controller config file if you didn't already have the game.

I tried and it didn't work. Maybe it's not possible but I'm sure there is some way.

Not sure what to tell you then. Sorry.

You should try getting on your buddy's computer yourself and trying this stuff out - maybe something's getting lost in the translation between him and you. All I know is I can stop runners using buttons 5 and 6 on my PC with a Saitek P880. The controller's only about 20 bucks, so if you're willing to shell that out, you should be good to go.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

I actually went over there yesterday to try it. Are you sure your completely stopping in the basepath or just turning around? Buttons 5 and 6 are for retreating not stopping.

Not on my controller.

I use the "base" buttons to select which runner i want to control, and then I use the D-pad to tell them which direction to go. If I want to control all runners, I use buttons 7 and 8 (which are the left and right triggers on my controller). Buttons 5 and 6 definitely stop my runners.

I'd suggest you try it with a different controller maybe. Mine has two analog sticks with a D-pad, two triggers, six action buttons, and a couple of other extra "function" buttons. If your controller doesn't have as many available buttons, it may not be possible.

Good luck.

Because I'm not NYBALLER and I don't need you all falsey accusing me. No I don't have the PC version but my friend does. I have been playing on XBOX and can't stand that you can't stop in the basepath. I am looking for a way on PC to be able to do it and then I will make a switch to it immediately. Yeah when I say I tried what these people are suggesting I'm actually telling a friend to do it and he is saying it doesn't work. Now, stop trying to figure me out and some please help me with an answer.

Why doesn't your frend just sign up and ask?

Archived