Audio/photo question

ataris812

I was using MVPEdit to create players and insert their photos. My question is, if I leave their audio/photo number at 0, the announcers still announce their name in the game, but if you change the picture, it changes it for all created guys who are 0 by default. I assigned a different number to my created player (5044) so not all the created players had the same picture. But now the announcers don't announce the name in the game. Is there any way to assign a number to a player and still have the announcers say the created player's name?

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for this tip, but when I tried different numbers in this range I got only pre-programmed names or nothing at all (not the name of the player I put in - names that the game recognise i.e. martinez). I guess I'm missing something.

That's exactly what I mean, to choose the pre-programmed fake surname to match your created player's name.

I guess that's all we can get, but don't be sad, you can still change the default announcement all by youself. (see MVP 2005 Announcements thread)

You need to manually edit the picture number of said player & reinsert that pic back into the portrait.big file. Then in MVP Edit (make sure you crated an mbe file out of your roster file) change the players audio ID number to the number of the picture file you inserted & then save the roster back to the database folder (export the file to mvp2005/data/database)

How would i go about changing the picture number? All i have is a bmp and alpha file for my pic. Do i need to make these into a fsh? I'm still having preoblems with mvp edit, i can't even get my pic to show up using 0. I got it to work last night but just had to go and mess with it. :? :p

Ok i got that all figured out now what i would like to do is use the default audio for a created player in game. Is this possible? In other words i don't want the announcers to say any name just like if you created a player in game. I tried 3001 and it's "jay miller". Is there one that doesn't say someone elses name?

I meant in MVP Edit. Not to actually change the .fsh file to to 000.fsh

It Does the same thing. If i change my portrait to 0000 in the portrait.big and audio/pic to 0 in MVPedit the audio problem is fixed but every player with portrait #0000 has my players portrait.

Right, my point was to change the portrait number to 0 & not have the name said, but then of course you will not have his picture show up either. Basically what I was saying was don't have the picture or the name. I know this is kinda counter productive, but at least it will resolve your problem of having the pic there for every player. (Sorry if my resolution sounds pretty moronic, it probably is)

Not quite sure what you're talking about

There's no stadium announcement for ID# above 3228, though.

Just use that range of # if you like

Well seeing how you figured out the bonds audio i thought maybe you might figure something else out in the audio but anyway....thanks i'll try that out.

Archived