Argue Call Bug?

ohetfieldo

For everyone that thinks there is a "glitch", are you using the PC or a console version? Right now I'm playing both the PC and XBOX versions of the game, and I've only argued once on the PC version, raising my intensity all the way up knowing I would get ejected, but on the XBOX version, I argue probably about once every 5 or 6 games or so, and never get ejected. There was a situation last night on the XBOX version where I thought I was definately getting tossed.

There was 1 out in the top of the 6th (Washington vs Philadelphia) and I had Guzman on 3rd. Anyways, Josh Willingham (Who I traded a Minor League Pitcher to Florida for) pops up to mid-left field. Burrell proceeds to make the catch, and as soon as he does Guzman takes off for home (It was worth a shot :) ) Anyways, Burrell threw to home and Guzman got tagged right when he was touching the plate on a head-first slide, which caused an inning ending double play. So I proceeded to hit the "Y" button and out comes my manager arguing with about mid-level intensity and I didn't get ejected at all. I actually think the umpire may have known he blew the call, and even if the AI isn't that smart, I'm still going to think that :) .

All in all though, I thought it was the coolest thing arguing at the end of an inning because the CPU players were actually running in from the field to their dugout. I thought what would happen, would be that I would argue, and then it'd show the aerial view of the CPU players running in, but I was wrong.

It's button 5 or you can also do it from the pop up screen you get when you press button 3. That's on my logitech gamepad.
Where is that pop screen...I can't see it. It isn't there when I press esc, I can't find it....

I'm comfused :?

I just did a test and i did not get ejected. I sent my runner on 1st to steal late so he would get out on a close play at 2nd. I then sent my manager, he made some comments but he was not kicked out. I didn't press the intensity meter at all.

Here how it is on my gamepad:

btw, the text in yellow is supposed to show " I press right 4 times from the pop up screen to bring me to this screen"

arguecall.jpg

I am playing on computer and quite often don't get thrown out. And I think it can work for you if you do argue a legit close call and get thrown out. I think it raises your teams intensity so they may have a better chance of winning. Don't know if it actually works or not but I was playing Oakland last night when their manager got ejected and came from behind to win. Not proof of anything, but t might be a factor.

I haven't played my MVP05 a lot yet (waiting for some very good rosters), but during one exhibition game I had a bit of a weird situation that sort-of relates to this thread...

I had a runner thrown out at the plate to end an inning. I can't remember if it was on a sac fly or if he was trying to score from 1st or 2nd. Anyway, the throw from wherever it was beat my runner easily, but I collided with the catcher who then fell and dropped the ball. The announcer then said "and he's out at the plate."

When it happened, I didn't even think it was a blown call because it was so obviously wrong... I assumed it was a glitch or something. I proceeded to the next inning and threw a pitch to the first batter when it occurred to me I hadn't yet tested the argue call feature. So, I gave it a try. Now obviously, the game had no way of knowing I was disputing the inning-ending call, so it assumed I was arguing the ball-strike call on the first pitch and Guillen was tossed immediately. However, even with Guillen gone, I was still able to make my own choices as far as pitcher subs and pinch-hitters.

I still don't know for sure if it was a blown call or just a glitch.

I'm playing on PC and I argue a call at least once per game (I'm grumpy :))....I've only been thrown out about 3 times...I don't argue balls and strikes.

I usually fill the meter about 1/2 way.

I think it's supposed to have an effect on your team's performance...if you listen after the argument, the announcer will say something like "they seem to be pumped up after that arguement", or "it didn't seem to have any effect"...I'm not certain if it really works or not...

I'm sure it's a bug on the PC that you can still make managerial changes after you've been kicked out. I think I read in one of the previews that you would lose this ability if you were thrown out, and that the CPU would make the changes for you after that...It seems to work on the console versions, but not the PC versions.

Archived