Argue Call Bug?

ohetfieldo

When I first got the game, the arguing calls feature worked right. The faster I tapped Y, the more intense my manager would argue. I noticed now, no matter how fast I tap Y, my manager gets ejected automatically. I don't know if it has something to do with editing rosters via MVPedit, being in dynasty mode, or whatever. Is anyone having the same problem? And/Or has anyone been able to fix it?

When I first got the game, the arguing calls feature worked right. The faster I tapped Y, the more intense my manager would argue. I noticed now, no matter how fast I tap Y, my manager gets ejected automatically. I don't know if it has something to do with editing rosters via MVPedit, being in dynasty mode, or whatever. Is anyone having the same problem? And/Or has anyone been able to fix it?

yea same here. I dont argue anymore cuz then my manager is gona get ejected...

I've argued something like 10 times, 6 times he got ejected. 3 times he was NOT ejected but the announcers were saying that the Ump was giving him a little leeway. The last time the announcers said that, despite the Manager getting ejected, it has riled up the team.

doesn't matter how far you go on intensty, i've had a couple arguement, one on a close play at 1b, didn't even touch the Intensty button, got ejected, then one on ball call (should have been a strike) same thing, outta the game..so i dunno..not even one notch on the intesty, completely black.

doesn't matter how far you go on intensty, i've had a couple arguement, one on a close play at 1b, didn't even touch the Intensty button, got ejected, then one on ball call (should have been a strike) same thing, outta the game..so i dunno..not even one notch on the intesty, completely black.

Well, for one, you cant argue balls and strikes.

What effect does the manager getting tossed have? I played an online game where my manager got ejected and the computer starting making lineup changes. There was nothing I could do. But you can still make your own calls right? I haven't noticed any adverse effects on the team when my manager gets ejected.

BTW, I have also had my manager ejected without hitting the intensity buitton at all.

I have been rather skeptical of this feature from the start but I did notice something last game that I played. I was pitching and the ump was really squeezing me big time, unless it was over the heart of the plate it wasnt getting called a strike and finally I had enough, and knowing I would get ejected, I went out to argue the call and turned my intensity as far as it would go, of course I got ejected. As the game went on though I noticed I was starting to get those questionable calls as strikes now and I wasnt getting pinched nearly as much as I was earlier, not sure if this is something that happens on a regular basis but it did indeed happen in my game. So maybe there is something more to actually arguing balls and strikes with the ump in the game, thought I would share.

The only time I've seen the arguing do anything, it was probably purely coincidental.

It was a very tight game, Red Sox v. Yankees at Yankee Stadium. Ump blew a call at the plate for what would've been the tying run, I argued, got tossed, then hit back-to-back-to-back HR's. :oops:

I've argued 3 times. Once, I didn't hit the intensity thing at all, once I hit it once, and once I hit it until it was all the way up. I got ejected all 3 times. I don't know whether it is just the managers I am using or the calls I am arguing, but each time I get ejected.

Archived