ATI 9800pro users please read!

Trues

I'm having a very irritating issue with the game and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

I'm getting random freezes while playing the game. It also seems as though the sound is stuck in a loop when it's frozen. The only thing I can do is reboot.

Is this happening to anyone else? Any suggestions?

Here are my stats:

WinXP pro

ASUS P4T533 MB

P4 2.26

512 ram

SB live

ATI 9800 pro w/catalyst 5.3 drivers

Thanks in advance

I was using the 9800XT w/256 and had random stoppages, but after about 30 seconds or so the game would resume (really screwed me up when the pitch was halfway to the plate). I just plopped an Nvidia 6800Ultra into the machine with current drivers and it's all good.

WinXP Pro SP2

P4 3.4

1 Gig RAM

SB Live

Nvidia 6800Ultra /256 MB

I sometimes get quick speech pauses but they dont last long. Just a quick pause.

It hapeened also with 2004.

My stutter problem seems to be unfixable though. Any suggestions?

Dell XPS Notebook.

P4 3.4 1Gig Ram

9800Pro 256mb

XP Pro

I'm having a very irritating issue with the game and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

I'm getting random freezes while playing the game. It also seems as though the sound is stuck in a loop when it's frozen. The only thing I can do is reboot.

Is this happening to anyone else? Any suggestions?

Here are my stats:

WinXP pro

ASUS P4T533 MB

P4 2.26

512 ram

SB live

ATI 9800 pro w/catalyst 5.3 drivers

Thanks in advance

A tip: Download the 4.12 drivers, the 5.3 ones cause alot of trouble. I use the 4.12 and they run smooth as silk, "just like they practice it big boy"

Hey guys, after reading all this, i've decided to give the 4.12 driver set a try, since that seems to be the choice for best gameplay this year.

So I just recently downloaded the new 5.3 driver set, and that's what I currently have. So I tried to install the 4.12 pack, and when I restarted and checked the driver settings, it said I had these drivers installed:

I also tried rolling back the drivers, but when I restarted and checked the driver settings again, I got the same driver number. Then I thought i'd uninstall my current drivers, then restart my computer, and install the 4.12 drivers, but when I restarted, XP automatically updated my drivers for me.

So what i'd like to know, is how do I go back to the 4.12 drivers that everyone here seems to like so much? I can't wait to try some better drivers and get some good performance outta the game!

I'm running 1280x1024 and the closest I can come to the stuttering problem many of you refer to is in the last few feet of a cross diamond throw to first, or outfield throw to home, and even then it's only with multiple baserunners.

As one who has written game software in the past, I can attest to the difficulty of making it perfect, given all the hardware configurations possible, not to mention the software issues... on the other hand some of you are describing a problem that would make the game unplayable for me.

Thanks guys, I will do that. However..

After some exhausting research, it seems this is a pretty common problem with ATI cards and ASUS MB's. :(

Trues - I've gotta pretty similar setup to yours:

XP SP2

P4 2.8

ASUS P4P800-E Deluxe

512 RAM

MSI 9800 PRO

No problems on my end - however I'm using MSI's drivers rather than ATI's

Gentlemen,

I've installed the 5.3 drivers for my x700 and max'd out all the 3D settings. I do not get anymore problems during gameplay dead spots (fade in / fade out) Hope this helps some of you.

Thanks

Snoopy

I get corrupted graphics or whatever the geeks call it nowadays whenever I skim through a cutscene. With the 5.3s, that is.

Archived