Y2K and hyman's Yankee Stadium REDUX

Y2K

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That New Era Dynasty ad looked like it changed to. Any thoughts?

not sure about this one

but this is my guess:

newera7bg.jpg

obviously very blurry, but you can sorta see where the colors are, and I just used the New Era logo on their website, invert the color scheme and it fits.

untitled5ar.jpg

another version of my Ford ad. This one looks slightly better than my previous versions

fordad4jr.jpg

526466251iw.jpg

revision for the Ford ad: i had "Ford, Official Truck of the New York Yankees" it should be "THE OFFICIAL TRUCK OF THE NEW YORK YANKEE".

and underneath the ford logo is probably "VISIT YOUR TRI-STATE QUALITY FORD STORE". That's my guess.

and Dunkin Donuts ad changed from last years

Y2K, I can keep an eye out for shots of it in Yankees broadcasts on MLB.TV and screencap them if you want. Only problem is they won't be great quality, but if you just want a rough guide to location or a basic idea of what's there, I should be able to get something.

Let me know. :)

526466251iw.jpg

revision for the Ford ad: i had "Ford, Official Truck of the New York Yankees" it should be "THE OFFICIAL TRUCK OF THE NEW YORK YANKEE".

and underneath the ford logo is probably "VISIT YOUR TRI-STATE QUALITY FORD STORE". That's my guess.

and Dunkin Donuts ad changed from last years

Read it over: It DOES say yankeeS!

I think what he was saying that the word "THE" was missing. Instead of saying,

Ford - Official Truck of the New York Yankees

it should say

The Official Truck of the New York Yankees

Don't they teach you to notice things like that at St. John's? Just kidding. :D

I believe that the missing 's' ("Yankee" vs. "Yankees") was just a typo.

I think what he was saying that the word "THE" was missing. Instead of saying,

Ford - Official Truck of the New York Yankees

it should say

The Official Truck of the New York Yankees

Don't they teach you to notice things like that at St. John's? Just kidding. :D

I believe that the missing 's' ("Yankee" vs. "Yankees") was just a typo.

:lol: :roll:

OK, I do see that now 8)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm out of college Wednesday so expect the project to get rolling then. I still need the middle/upper deck ads, but since I'll be home where I have YES, I might be able to figure those out.

I've been watching the games and I have seen the ad sections, but I can't figure out what they actually are due to the picture quality of MLB.TV and unless they decide to show a close-up of them for some reason, I don't think I'll be able to see them with any kind of clarity. :(

I've been able to get some decent screenshots tonight, so if you PM me your e-mail address, I'll send the lot of them to you. Some are probably more useful than others, but whatever is useful.

Actually, toward the end of the game, there were a lot more shots of the stands, so I got quite a lot. I've taken 87 usable caps which I've compressed into a 3.39MB ZIP file, so just let me know the e-mail address and I'll send them off to you.

Archived