Mark B Yankee Met file error

big shmooz

My only problem with this roster update is that it puts the Yankees which are on the All Star squads into the free agency pool. They are still on the Yankees but are also in Free agency.

This is addressed in the thread about this roster update, but it is quite annoying. I think the updates are great, but I wish I could find a way around this bug. Before I export and update the dat files I have tried exporting the All-Stars (Jeter, A-Rod, Mo, Sheff, Giambi and The Unit) from the Yankee.met file and then re-importing them back into the All-Star rosters.

Doesn't work.

My only problem with this roster update is that it puts the Yankees which are on the All Star squads into the free agency pool. They are still on the Yankees but are also in Free agency.

This is addressed in the thread about this roster update, but it is quite annoying. I think the updates are great, but I wish I could find a way around this bug. Before I export and update the dat files I have tried exporting the All-Stars (Jeter, A-Rod, Mo, Sheff, Giambi and The Unit) from the Yankee.met file and then re-importing them back into the All-Star rosters.

Doesn't work.

As far as I know, everytime you import a major league team, you're going to get copies of their AllStar members sent to the free agency pool. I'm personally sworn off using .met files from now on.

There are only 22 players on all the minor league teams. As far as I know, that's a limitation with the game, 22 players on the minors teams are the maximum.

As far as the All-Star problem goes, I'd suggest just importing the Clippers, Thunder and Tampa and leaving the Yankees. I've not made many changes to them anyway. If I remember correctly, the only players I've changed on the MLB level are Ruben Sierra (Hot & Cold zones), Jason Giambi (Hot & Cold zones) and Bubba Crosby (Speed and baserunning stats). You could just import my ones, take a look at those players mentioned, take a note of the stats for them, then open your normal .met file and make the changes yourself.

There are only 22 players on all the minor league teams. As far as I know, that's a limitation with the game, 22 players on the minors teams are the maximum.

As far as the All-Star problem goes, I'd suggest just importing the Clippers, Thunder and Tampa and leaving the Yankees. I've not made many changes to them anyway. If I remember correctly, the only players I've changed on the MLB level are Ruben Sierra (Hot & Cold zones), Jason Giambi (Hot & Cold zones) and Bubba Crosby (Speed and baserunning stats). You could just import my ones, take a look at those players mentioned, take a note of the stats for them, then open your normal .met file and make the changes yourself.

Good idea. Thanks Mark!

I'm pretty sure you can have 25 players on minor league teams. Im going to check.

Just as I thought, 20 is the minimum, but it says nothing about having more than 22 to a team. In fact, I added a couple legends to see if it would work, and I got up to 25, so there is no 22 player maximum.

OK, here are the changes I've made to the Yankees roster since patch 1:

Moved Bret Prinz to AAA.

Moved Steve Karsay to MLB.

Bubba Crosby: Steal agg. increased to 8, baserunning increased to 8, speed increased to 72.

Jason Giambi - Hot & Cold zone changes:

vs. Lefties

CNH

CHH

CNN

vs. Righties

CCH

CNH

HHC

No changes to contact or power for either.

Ruben Sierra - Hot & Cold zone changes:

vs. Lefties:

CNH

CNC

HHH

vs. Righties

HHC

CHH

HHH

No changes to contact or power for either.

That's the only changes that have been made to the MLB level, so if you make these changes to your patch 1 MLB Yankees roster, they should reflect the same result as importing the .met file included in my update.

Can someone let me know how this goes if/when they try it?

Thanks. :)

Actually that is not so. You have 25 on the triple A & 22 on AA & 22 on A

Just go to the default rosters & look. Thanks.

Archived