Which Team should I go for?  

2 members have voted

1. 1.

• BLU JAYS
    • INDIANS
    • ORIOLES
    • TIGERS
    • WHITE SOX

So, finally started my Dynasty, and I picked the L.A. Dodgers, mainly for Gagne, but also because it should be quite a challenge in the NL-WEST. After only 16 games, NY Yankees put Womack on the trading list, and I took advantage of that, trading SP Erickson for 2B Womack. Now I have Womack switching it up with Izturus. So far I am 22-13, holding the # 1 spot 2 games ahead of the Rockies oddly enough.

Pitching Rotation:

O. Perez 3-2, ERA: 1.71

B. Penny 1-3 , ERA: 6.06

D.Lowe 3-2, ERA 2.72

J. Weaver 0-2, ERA 3.32

W.Alvarez 1-0, ERA 3.03

Closer: Gagne: 11 Saves so far.

Batting Order:

1. Womack/ Izturus .248, 1 HR, 8 RBI's.... .238, 0 HR, 7 RBI's

2. Werth .238, 1 HR, 12 RBI's

3. Drew .319, 13 HR, 30 RBI's

4. Kent .314, 8 HR, 22 RBI's

5. Bradley .313, 5 HR, 16 RBI's

6. Choi .359, 4 HR, 10 RBI's

7. Valentin .250, 0 HR, 0 RBI's

8. Nakamura .248, 1 HR, 8 RBI's

9. J.Phillips .241, 0 HR, 10 RBI's

I am about to begin a 3 game series against the Royals :)8) I will keep ya'll posted...

I am now 24-14. I am keeping all the players so far, other than the Womack trade, unless someone has suggestions? Oh yes, one thing I noticed so far, I haven't been able to sweep a single team in any kind of a series, 3 or 4 game series, not to mention a so called RIVAL TEAM. I can win both games 7-0, but I will no matter what lose that 3rd or last game of a series, if it would mean a sweep. Anyone else seen that?

Womack is a good pick up for a leadoff guy, especially for Erickson :lol:

yes, he is really starting to hit for average, not sure why the Yankees got rid of him so quickly, being that they had just signed him, well in real life anyways :wink:

i noticed the yanks call up there young prospects at CF,1b,2b in yr2 and always end up trading womack. yanks are loaded in this game. even in Free agency they end up with a good 1st and 2nd Baseman. 1st time i did this yanks ended up with Lyle overbay at 1st and Jose Reyes at 2nd. crazy stuff. :angry:

UPDATE:

Made some more trades, and looks to be paying off nicely. After Womack started to struggle big time, and then got hurt for 7 more games, I traded him, but here are all the transactions:

LA trades 2B T. Womack to Mil for 3B W. Helms

LA trades SP Jeff Weaver to ANA for SP K.Escobar

LA trades SP K.Escobar to BAL for SP Sidney Ponson

And here is the clincher: LA trades SP S.Ponson and SP Hiroshi Yoshida to CHC for SP KERRY WOOD. All trades were executed in one day. How about the Wood trade though, huh? I wanted him all along, and finally they accepted with the Ponson/Yoshida proposal.

Here is my new rotation:

K. Wood 5-5, ERA: 3.52

D. Lowe 9-4, ERA: 2.99

O. Perez 5-5, ERA: 3.07

B. Penny 9-2, ERA: 3.33

E. Jackson 4-0, ERA: 1.87

Top 100 Prospect Edwin Jackson is having an amazing season so far, pitching nearly 66 innings in 10 Games, posting a clean 4-0 record, combined with an ERA 1.87, quite good. Closer Eric Gagne is cruising so far in what looks to be another impressive season, with 22 saves in 27 appearances and a 4-0 record, but actually already 5 blown saves as well.

The Dodgers are currently 1st in the NL-WEST, 47-26, 14-5 in the month of June so far and 6 games ahead of the GIANTS. Jeff Kent is leading NL votings for 2nd basemen, with a batting average of .282, 16 HR, 44 RBI and 6 stolen bases. J.D. Drew who like Kent was aquired in the offseason, can't complain about his stats so far either. Batting .313, 14 HR, 58 RBI. The Dodgers just split a 4 game series with the White Sox, and will head back to Dodger Stadium for a 6 game home stand, awaiting the Angels tomorrow night for a 2 game and the Padres for a 4 game series, respectively.

Wood will start his first game in a Dodger uniform :wink:

Here is the probable lineup:

SS Izturus

LF Werth

RF Drew

2B Kent

CF Bradley

3B Valentin

1B Choi

C Phillips

P Wood

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! I don't know what happened, but I get the following ERROR MESSAGE: mvp2005.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. No matter what I do, this happens, not sure if it was a newly installed mod, or if it is something else, but as of now, my DYNASTY, as great as it was so far, is dead.

I hope I can at least get the game reinstalled and then see if I can use the SAV. game.

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! I don't know what happened, but I get the following ERROR MESSAGE: mvp2005.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. No matter what I do, this happens, not sure if it was a newly installed mod, or if it is something else, but as of now, my DYNASTY, as great as it was so far, is dead.

I hope I can at least get the game reinstalled and then see if I can use the SAV. game.

For some reason I was not logged in. Anyways, finished reinstalling the game, patch installed, and the save game does NOT work. Other than that it seems to be working, very strange. Well, I will finish up the mod installations tonite, and I plan on starting a new Dynasty. But I will choose a different team, most likely an American League Team, but no idea which one at this time. I cannot believe my DYNASTY is gone :? :(

thx tribe. i will add the INDIANS and ORIOLES to my list. Not the Mariners, since I have played with them the first 3 weeks of owning the game, getting used to the gameplay and back then, quite a bit of stuttering. Trying to narrow it down to 5 teams for now. These are the contenders:

INDIANS

ORIOLES

WHITE SOX

TIGERS

I am not sure about the 5th team, but I am already leaning towards Baltimore a bit :lol:

Ok, here is the final list, what do you guys think:

BLUE JAYS, INDIANS, ORIOLES, TIGERS, WHITE SOX. I actually really like the poll system, as I am interested in other people's opinions about teams. But the poll thing doesnt seem to work the way I want it to.

Archived