...the unrealistic game ever

JoernIII

...is not important for me what slider i have. i lost every game with more

than ten points. no homerun. the cpu makes 5 or more every game.

after 100 hit 38 x 1. base, 23 x 2 base, and 11 x 3. base. cpu hit much

more better. i play rookie and the other options. i play with 50 to -50 (cpu)

contact and power but i have no chance.

this game is unrealistic and it sucks. so what i have done ? i delete it, and

broke the cd and put it in the trash....

now i feel better...and play mvp 2004.

everyone to ask me about the game, i say forget it...it´s suck´s

I get my **** handed to me on a regular basis by the CPU (even at Pro) but I would never break my disk 8O

But, there's nothing stopping me from laying up in a corner, in the fetal position, sucking my thumb and having a good cry after each game :lol:

How about learning how to play, theres several tips about sliders, tutorials about pitching and fielding here. I lose to the CPU every now and then bit I rarely get crushed and I rarely crush them.

JoernIII,

I really don't know why I wasted my time trying to help you before.

Don't hate the game... HATE THE PLAYER... and that's YOU, because well, YOU ARE THE ONE WHO SUCK if you can't beat the CPU in 'rookie' and with hitting sliders favoring you that much.

Is this a joke? :lol: BTW, there are no "points" in baseball. They are called "runs".

The only way to get crushed by the CPU in rookie mode is to pitch the ball softly down the middle everytime. And I don't even want to get into how ridiculously easy it is to hit on rookie.

This is just the funniest thing I've read in a while.

...is not important for me what slider i have. i lost every game with more than ten points. no homerun. everyone to ask me about the game, i say forget it...it´s suck´s

I'd like to suggest that you play RBI BASEBALL or BASEBALL STARS for the Nintendo. Two of my favorite baseball games of all time. In Baseball Stars, you can actually play as the America Dreams (similar to MVP's Legends) vs. a women's team, the Lovely Ladies. Provided you can't win that matchup, you might want to quit baseball gaming, permanently......

I remember when I first started playing MVP 2004 (my first experience with an EA baseball game), I always got annihilated by the CPU offense - no matter what level I played on. I was about to give up, but then someone pointed out about "charging the pitching meter." I was only hitting the pitch button and not holding it down to charge it. The result - every pitch got hammered! Once I learned how to do that, I got a whole lot better!

Now, I don't see how that can be the case here - as you obviously are okay playing MVP 2004. Quite honestly, the game play between 2004 and 2005 isn't a whole lot different. Most of the controls are exactly the same. I don't use the keyboard so I don't know if the mappings have changed any, but I don't see how you can be playing one so poorly and the other just fine.

Anyway, like everyone else is saying - it certainly isn't the game's fault. There must have been something not configured right, but now it doesn't much matter since you broke it. There's nothing wrong with 2004 though - hope you enjoy playing that instead. Sorry 2005 couldn't work for you - just not sure why it didn't.

Oh, and Baseball Stars was one of the greatest baseball games EVER. I still remember the "YOU'RE FIRED" screen when you'd send someone packing and they're walking off down a dark street with their little knapsack and this gloomy music playing... GREAT!

Man you really need to seek some anger management counselling. I would never, no matter the scenario decide to remove ANY game that I posses from my hard drive, and snap it in two. I mean, that's borderline "childish". Yell? Yes. Swear? Yes. Pick my tower up over my head and battle axe it through my monitor?........Duh, no!

Here's some words of wisdom, "Learn how to lose , before you learn how to win."

What this means is don't assume, that once you pull that game out of the box and turn on the game, you'll be winning WS left and right. Understanding "why" you are losing will allow you to become a better player and accepting loses will be a little bit more easy to deal with.

But man, I gotta say I'd like to have been a fly on the wall that day when you cracked that disk in half! LOL (ribs are killing from chuckling some much)

I remember when I first started playing MVP 2004 (my first experience with an EA baseball game), I always got annihilated by the CPU offense - no matter what level I played on. I was about to give up, but then someone pointed out about "charging the pitching meter."

Heh, same exact thing happened to me. I remember screaming at the screen, "MUSSINA THROWS MORE THAN 80 [mph] DAMN IT!" Then I found out I had to hold on to charge up... Suddenly Mussina was throwing 90-92, and MVP Baseball became instantly fun.

In every baseball game I have ever owned, I always get my *** kicked the first time I play it, or the first couple of times. Then, naturally, I get used to it and the game becomes real fun. Too bad ASB 99 and 2001 are so frickin' easy once you learn them.

I remember from an earlier post of yours that you are playing with the keyboard.

If the CPU is pounding you that badly on rookie I can only think of two things:

1) You are not 'charging the pitchmeter' as mentioned above.

2) You are throwing every pitch in the strike zone (I've heard of many keyboard players having this issue).

The thing that confuses me is that you say you are going to go back to MVP 2004? The pitching and hitting interfaces are essentially identical so I can't see how you would fair any better with that game.

Anyways, it seems as though you are not willing to learn and give the game a chance, which is unfortunate because this is a great game IMO.

I guess that's your choice.

I wouldn't have broken the cd myself. I guess you have little patience level. I agree with spitoon I think it's the keyboard I've been having a few of the same issues with it. I've been playing the game for a few weeks and i'm just figuring out how to move the pitches all over the strike zone and out. Good luck with 2004 though.

Archived