White Sox early 70's reds

fizzjob

The Whitesox are kind of a weird team since they've changed their color scheme so many times over the years. I still like their early 80's uni's with the "Sox" printed across the front in white with navy blue and red around it. I didn't even know they wore red pinstriped uni's, unless these are fantasy uni's?? They do look nice though. :) Later!!!!

Yes, the ChiSox have changed color schemes many, many (too many) times. These unis are not fantasy, they were used at home from 1971-75. The road ones then were gray and had a script "Chicago" across the front (similar to current road unis), with the uniform no. on the sleeves. In 76, they changed to the navy blue and white scheme (featured in the game) with the Old English block "Chicago" lettering on both home and roads - this is the style when they even tried the shorts a few times.

From 82-86, they switched to the red, white and blue softball style with the "SOX" across the chest that we all remember, and I believe is also in the game (it was in 04). Then, from 87-90 they went with red, white and blue and had a cap with a curly-q "C" in script on the cap and script lettering on the jerseys (I hated these).

They went to the current style in 90, and have surprisingly gone unchanged in 15 years... which is good because I'm sick of the constant change, and these are pretty good.

These unis are not fantasy, they were used at home from 1971-75. The road ones then were gray and had a script "Chicago" across the front (similar to current road unis), with the uniform no. on the sleeves.

Actually, the roads were powder blue:

melton135.jpg

I have those done up, but haven't imported them yet...might see a release this week, though.

powder blue. wow, like the phillies used for a while. the picture i saw made them look sort of gray, but I thought they might be powder blue.

Wow. While I am impressed with the quality of these screenshots, these road unis are unbelievably ugly.

No offense to Thome25 but these are way better than his. I like his Yankee and Red Sox uniforms but the White Sox uniforms at the sock/bottom of the pant leg is always correct. The '52 Yankees and '86 Red Sox do not automatically change the socks to HIGH for correct appearance. These do however. Excellent job. Hopefully you could inform Thome25 how to do this because I would love for him to implement what you did into his. Thanks keep it up.

Archived