patch 2

Ari846

Hey everyone,

Now that patch 2 is released, a lot of my stuttering problems have been eliminated, which I'm thrilled about. But in the process of trying to get good performance before the patch, I made some adjustments to the visual options in the game as well as to my video card. Can anyone give me any input about what to change my settings to now that the patch is doing its job? I have a Radeon 9600 pro video card.

Thanks

The patch does part of the job. You'll still need AA and/or AF turned up to eliminate the grass shimmering. If you underclocked your card prior to the patch, you can probably change that back to stock speeds. I have a non-pro Radeon 9600 and I'm still using the same tweaks I used before the patch. It's a shame that EA still can't get this game to run properly without tweaking around with your video card settings.

You'll still need AA and/or AF turned up to eliminate the grass shimmering.

^

^

^

What is this?

My grass is shimmering real bad on a GeForce MX 420 card with driver 6.6.9.3. I've tried to run the game through a .bat file and it works but I have to play in 800x600x32 when I want to play in 1024x768x32. When I do play in 800x600 with helmet reflections off, the grass looks terrible and is doomed to crash to the desktop everytime. OS is XP Home with all the latest SP's.

Now you might see why I want to know what AA and/or AF is...

Appreciate any help I can get :D

The quick and dirty answer... (your results may vary)

right click desktop --> properties

click settings tab

click advanced button

click GeForce MX 420 tab (or whatever name it shows)

click performance and quality settings menu

there are options to change the anisotropic filtering and antialiasing, they are set to application controlled by default

make your modifications then apply and close

happy gaming

I have a laptop with the Intel Extreme Graphics 2 mobile card installed. I realize it blows but I'm trying to find out if I can adjust the AA and AF settings. On my tab that says "Intel Extreme Graphics 2 for Mobile" there is only a 'graphics properties' button that doesn't take me to where I can adjust these. If anyone knows if I can do this with my graphics card please let me know how to optimize performance with it.

Also, I tried to download the new patch (2) and it's telling me "Old file not found. However, a file name of the same name was found. No update was done since file contents do not match." I'm assuming that it's not letting me add the patch since I've added mods from here and am looking for a way around this. If I have to remove all files that I extracted from here, I'm not sure it will be worth it. If anyone has any insight to my problems - your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Smit

Yeah same thing here...I installed it and turned VSYNC On and it still looks like the players are on speed...turned VSYNC off and the same thing...SO I took the patch off...

But I'm actually not having any problems that I can see with the game on my computer and I only have the 1st patch installed...

I'm running a 2.8GHz P4 with 1GB of RAM and a ATI RAEDON 9800 SE 128MB

To those who claim not to notice any difference with the patch, consider yourself lucky, because that means you did not have multiple b-b-b-b-b-b-alls move across the field when you threw the ball to different bases.

It also means that on replays of things like home runs you did not see the b-b-b-b-b-all fly in the sky. You also did not see the baserunner on a replay from second r-r-r-r-r-r-r-unning home to score on a base hit.

Archived