mvp2005.exe has encountered a problem

endeavor

I really hope someone can help me with this. I am constantly getting a "crash to desktop" while playing the game. Always with the message that MVP2005.exe has encountered a problem. Send Error Report to Microsoft or Don't Send Option. I really dont know what to do, I already re-installed the game twice. Could this be CD related, or somehow else? Help :cry: :cry:

it's happening to me all the time with patch 2 :(

patch 1 no problems whatsover - patch 2 - crashes in first inning no matter what and i think my system is pretty decent to handle it

xp3200+ 1 gb pc 3200 ram running in dual channel

radeon x800 pro

i tried EVERY setting on the x800 - doesn't matter - get the crash no matter what

clean install of windows too

as soon as install patch 2, it crashes in-game - same error message

oh well - tried everything

fresh install

new drivers

no mods

every refresh and detail setting

dynasty vs. play now

all crashed in first inning

put patch 1 back in - no crashes whatsoever

no clue why but i don't have much stuttering with patch 1 so i can still play

If you are getting it while you're actually in-game (i.e. middle of an at-bat etc.), then I'm not sure what could be causing it.

Did you buy the game or download it?

I always buy my games, and yes, it happens during gameplay, oh and it happened twice while doing my batting lineup, outside of the gameplay. Always accompanied with the mvp2005.exe encountered a problem. Checked for viruses too, nada.

Thx guys. Well, it never happened before either. Ever since Patch 2. And it is always that the .exe file has encountered a problem, and not just back to desktop. Really frustrating. The rosters were default here as well. Maybe we gotta inform EA again? :cry:

This is the error I'm getting What can be done about the Game.exe or program causing an error? I'm at the screen where it says rosters as of

Question

What can be done about the Game.exe or program causing an error?

Answer

This is a generic Windows error. These errors happen when the game either makes a request that the computer does not understand or fails to respond with correct data. The computer picks up on this error, but since it is not a specific error, all it can do is give this generic error response.

When troubleshooting these generic errors we have several steps we can take.

Make sure your system meets the minimum requirements for the game.

Click here for assistance in finding the minimum requirements for the game.

Make sure that you have all the patches that are available for the game. Yes I do

Click on the Start button.

Select All Programs.

In the list of programs find the game folder.

The default should be in the EAGames or EASports folders.

In the game folder there should be a Check for Update or Auto-Update icon. Double-click on that icon.

It should now log on and check for updates.

Make sure that there are no extra programs running in the background that might interfere with the games execution.

Click here for instructions on ending your background tasks. I do you use McaFee but I turn it off

Make sure your drivers and system files are as up to date as possible. The computer might be giving an instruction to a device that simply does not know how to proceed.

Click here for instructions on updating drivers. I don't know if they are up to date

Thx. Well, i meet all the requirements, anyways, I have a high end PC, but I do have the patches, latest drivers, all that. Its gotta be something specfic though. Happens during roster editing, during gameplay. But I just now played 3 games, and all no problem. I really am baffled. Don't know if it is a portrait update, cause I dont have any CTS/Themes anymore. Other than that, like I said, stadium updates, progress update, Uniform update, and the cyberfaces from upper deck.

My game has been crashing in the first inning at the same time, every time. After I pitch through the first inning with the Stockton ports against the Lancaster JetHawks, I come to bat in the first and it crashes when I hit (it crashed once when I tried picking someone off at first in the top of the inning).

I have tried changing out my rosters, and it still does the same thing. Can anybody tell me what's going on?

Ok I got it. Well, for now anyways. Something had messed with my models.big file, one of the cyberfaces, anytime I went to edit Anaheim in the game it would crash. I threw the original models.big file in there again, and IT WORKS NOW. I can go edit any team I like, and it hasn't crashed in 20 mins so far, while on the field, too. I really hope that is it. and big thx to olyrunner!

I have a thread that specifies patch2 as the culprit in owner mode. Im sure it is because I downloaded a few things and played with patch 1 and no probs. I added patch 2 and now I cant play owner mode whatsoever. It crashes to desktop. Its the first time Ive had it happen since playing from day 1.

Archived