help - observation with "bad" cyberfaces

lilloreo

Hey guys,

I am having a heck of a time getting all the cyber faces to work correctly. Let me explain...

I initially started installing faces when they started being released. By the way I am new to the series on pc but had some experience with mods in games such as Morrowind and Flight Sim 2004. I first started having problems with the Bonds and Millar faces. After reading through the boards I was able to get them to work correctly. I naturally found the faces that install with batch files to be the easiest to use.

After installing 15 to 20 faces everything was going fine until I tried to attempt some of the faces that were just the 3 files when downloaded (.fsh,.ord & .orl) These were done utilizing the BIGUI program. That's when I started getting the dreaded KTD( kicked to desktop).

I then decided to do a clean install and start from scratch. This happen to coincide with the release of the second patch. I started with all the batch installs first, then did a couple of BIGUI installs. I periodically checked to make sure that they were all working. They were until I came to the K-Rod patch I had installed.

That was installed using a batch file but only replaced one 303.xxx file. By the way I am using HLS's rosters. When I tried to edit him I got the crash again.

This is when I discovered something interesting. I basically made a brand new K- Rod in the free agent pool using MVPEdit. Then I tried to edit him in game...and IT WORKED!!! So the next logical step was to just switch the two of them. When i went back into the game the newly created K-rod crashed when he was relocated to the Angels roster, but the original one was fine on the free agent pool.

This game is great so if need be I will start over again but I was wondering if any of the "professional MOD GODS" could help out or lend any answers. Sorry for rambling but I just wanted to be thorough. Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated.

i'm not sure what the problem is either myself, BUT i had some crash problems recently too w/ cybers. IMO there's just too many faces being swapped out or being added and too many different varaitions of rosters. there isn't really a set protocol yet, and i'm really not sure who some of the cyberface makers are using as their own rosters. i narrowed my crash down to the philly face pack. for now i just stick w/ barry, millar and the ones that update already allocated slots, until there's some kind of standard set, this is gonna end up in a mess.

Archived