I believe I know one reason why games crash

big shmooz

I would like others to test if this is correct. I found that when I play with Anaheim (LA Angels) & use the addon uniforms from KC, the game crashes if you use the home uniform. Can others please test this & post their findings here. If it turns out to be correct, then I will mail him & tell him so he can correct this.

I do not have that problem

Thing is, I went to play the exact same teams & I duplicated every situation except for the home uniform (same teams, same stadium, same pitchers on both sides, same batters etc...) & the only thing I changed was the uniform. I use the home uniform, the game crashes, I use the away uniform, it's fine.

I went back just now as I am typing this & tried playing with Anaheim against a different team than the one I tested it against earlier. Same thing happens. I choose the main home uniform & the game crashes as it is loading into the actual playing field. & I get that box on my screen like others have, that says that MVP.exe has to close etc...

My game works though, if I pick any other uniform besides the main home uniform.

Thank you for the response though... anybody else?

yep it does crash. amazing, but i never play w/ the angels, but thats an issue that needs correcting fast. haven't looked at the uniform files they may not be compressed correctly though.

Yeah I had the same problem, i just reinstalled the home one (KC's) and it works..i don't know what happened, must be something to do wtih the .bat file or something.

How did you install it to make it work? Did you use the biggui program & then compress the file & then rebuild the models.big ?

I posted something similar to this in the support forum. My problem also involved the Angels. What happened to me was that after I installed the K-Rod update along with the SD Bonds face, it would crash whenever I trried to access K-Rod ingame. Funny thing is that if I put him in the free agent pool I could access him. Has anyone else installed that face? Just thought I'd share that, don't know if it would be related to the problem you guys are talking about though. Oddly enough I played a home game with the Angels last nite and didn't have any problems.(home unis)

I posted something similar to this in the support forum. My problem also involved the Angels. What happened to me was that after I installed the K-Rod update along with the SD Bonds face, it would crash whenever I trried to access K-Rod ingame. Funny thing is that if I put him in the free agent pool I could access him. Has anyone else installed that face? Just thought I'd share that, don't know if it would be related to the problem you guys are talking about though. Oddly enough I played a home game with the Angels last nite and didn't have any problems.(home unis)

I remember reading your post about that, & I went & tested this out myself when I read about your issue, but I had absolutely no problem with either faces. I can see them ingame just fine.

In fact when I had the issue of the crash last night, the first thing I thought of was your post & perhaps the KRod face update caused the crash. So I went & removed it & replaced it with the default cyberface in the original models.big & went back & the game still crashed. Then I realized it could not be that. I then replaced the models.big with the one I had before I edited it to remove the face, since I realized the cyberface was not the problem.

Here is my question. Do you have KC's uniforms installed for the Angels?

yes I do

I reinstalled the game and did all the high quality unis(KC,Moser316 & Rambully). I also have installed only the Total Portraits pics. I've got a complete backup of everything up until this point. I haven't put in any faces yet. I think you might be right about it not being the K-Rod face. I'm almost convinced that it started when I started the BIGUI installs. I think I got a little to big for my britches and started importing more than one at a time then forgetting to compress one or two of them. I might try to redo them again tonite (1x1) which is gonna suck! :cry: :cry:

well i looked at uoooa.fsh (home uni) and it is qfshed so it should be compressed correctly, not sure where the problem lies. but it explains a lot of things for others who have had problems w/ the "krod" conspiracy.

Ok peeps... here is what I found out after doing further experimentation. I went & extracted KC's uniforms & deleted all the uniforms except for the one in question. I then edited the .bat file & reinstalled the angels home uniform alone. It works fine now! Go figure.

ok... his bat file looks like this before... gfxpak -p datamodels.big u000a.fsh u000b.fsh u000c.fsh u000i.fsh u000j.fsh u000k.fsh u000o.fsh u001a.fsh u001b.fsh u001c.fsh u001d.fsh u001o.fsh u002a.fsh u002b.fsh u002c.fsh u002o.fsh u003a.fsh u003b.fsh u003c.fsh u003d.fsh u003o.fsh

gfxpak -p datamodels.big u004a.fsh u004b.fsh u004c.fsh u004d.fsh u004o.fsh u005a.fsh u005b.fsh u005c.fsh u005d.fsh u005o.fsh u006a.fsh u006b.fsh u006o.fsh u007a.fsh u007b.fsh u007c.fsh u007d.fsh u007o.fsh u008a.fsh u008b.fsh u008c.fsh u008d.fsh u008o.fsh

gfxpak -p datamodels.big u009a.fsh u009b.fsh u009c.fsh u009o.fsh u010a.fsh u010b.fsh u010c.fsh u010o.fsh u010p.fsh u011a.fsh u011b.fsh u011o.fsh u012a.fsh u012b.fsh u012c.fsh u012d.fsh u012g.fsh u012h.fsh u012o.fsh u013a.fsh u013b.fsh u013c.fsh u013o.fsh u013k.fsh

gfxpak -p datamodels.big u014a.fsh u014b.fsh u014c.fsh u014d.fsh u014g.fsh u014h.fsh u014o.fsh u015a.fsh u015b.fsh u015c.fsh u015d.fsh u015g.fsh u015h.fsh u015k.fsh u015o.fsh u016a.fsh u016b.fsh u016c.fsh u016o.fsh u017a.fsh u017b.fsh u017c.fsh u017k.fsh u017o.fsh u018a.fsh u018b.fsh u018o.fsh

gfxpak -p datamodels.big f019a.fsh f019c.fsh f019o.fsh u019a.fsh u019b.fsh u019c.fsh u019o.fsh u020a.fsh u020b.fsh u020c.fsh u020o.fsh u021a.fsh u021b.fsh u021c.fsh u021d.fsh u021o.fsh u022a.fsh u022b.fsh u022c.fsh u022i.fsh u022j.fsh u022k.fsh u022o.fsh u023a.fsh u023b.fsh u023c.fsh u023d.fsh u023o.fsh u024a.fsh u024b.fsh u024o.fsh

gfxpak -p datamodels.big u025a.fsh u025b.fsh u025c.fsh u025o.fsh u026a.fsh u026b.fsh u026c.fsh u026d.fsh u026i.fsh u026j.fsh u026k.fsh u026l.fsh u026o.fsh u027a.fsh u027b.fsh u027i.fsh u027j.fsh u027o.fsh u028a.fsh u028b.fsh u028c.fsh u028d.fsh u028o.fsh u029a.fsh u029b.fsh u029o.fsh u029k.fsh

Then I simply deleted everything from the file to look like this.

gfxpak -p datamodels.big u000a.fsh

Then I click on "file" that brings the pull down menu & I click on "save" . Then I ran the mlbinstall.bat by clicking on it.

Make sure you keep the u000a.fsh file in your mvp2005 folder together with this bat file. & make sure you have GFXpak.exe in the folder too.

yes, i experienced the same thing.

That's EXACTLY what I did. That's why I said "go figure" in my other post. It made no sense, but hey, who's complaining? I did notice one thing though, that is a bit unusual in my models.big & I guess I can test this out. The uniforms that I installed via fuzz's editor are in fact uncompressed in the models.big file. I wonder if this might have something to do with the fact that the game works now with the Angels uniform. I am going to compress the files & rebuild the models.big & see if that will cause the crash again... Be back soon G-D willing with results.

Edit: I compresed the file & started up the game & used the home uniforms of the Angels & the game works just fine... I repeat... "go figure!"

spreaking of crashes, I have crashed twice in the last day, both times when I hit HR # 756 with JR Griffey

"We now have a new HR king" then it crashes

because baseball and god hate ken griffey junior...btw...where have you been kraw? you havent been on AIM, in ages.

Archived