Kansas City Owner Mode

kevattac

So I decided to do a KC Royals owner mode, based on a bunch of variables. I am playing on MVP Dificulty and with a 2 million dollar budget. My stadium is just on level 1 seating, with a drink, pizza, and ice cream stand. It has a High right field wall with blue walls, blue seats, and kentucky blue grass :lol: .

The roster at the begining of the year:

against rightys

1. CF D.DeJesus

2. 2b R. Gotay.

3. Dh M. Sweeney

4. C. Pickering

5. Rf M. Stairs

6. Lf T. Long

7. SS A. Berroa

8. C J. Buck

9. 3b M. Teahen

against leftys

1. CF D.DeJesus

2. 2b R. Gotay

3. Dh M. Sweeney

4. 1b C. Pickering

5. RF E. Marrero

6. LF E. Brown

7. SS A. Berroa

8. C J. Buck

9. 3b M. Teahen

Pitching

Rotation

J. Lima

R. Hernandez

Z.Greinke

B. Anderson

D. Bautista

Closer J. Affeldt

Going into game 1 my expectations are for a winning season. This will change as the year goes on.

Update 1:

Schedule:

I have played my first 3 series against the tigers, angels, and mariners. I am 4-5 at this point, which is not too shabby at all considering the team I am with. Strangely all my wins have been on wednesdays and thursdays, taking 2/3 from both the tigers and mariners, but getting swept by the angels. Kansas City finishes up the month of April with a 3 game set with the tigers, 2 game sets with the Indians and Twins, and 3 game sets with the chi sox, twins and the indians which finishes on sunday May 1.

Ballpark and Money:

I started off the season with $200,000 because of the purchases of ice cream, pizza, and pop. I knew starting off the with 2 weeks on the road, I would be in debt by the end of it. Sure enough i was in debt about $1,700,000. Since the home series with the mariners it has gone up to $1,500,000. The ballpark is still the same, but I forgot to mention that I built it in a downtown setting and named it "Vine Street Stadium" after the great jazz scene on vine street.

Players and Stats:

The only major transaction so far is that I called up Tankersley in exchange for a lesser starting pitcher ( forget the name). The tank is now man 4 in the rotation.

Lineup and Stats

CF D.DeJesus BA .147 HR 0 RBIs 2

2B R.Gotay BA .276 HR 2 RBIs 6

DH M.Sweeney BA .216 HR 0 RBIs 0

1B C.Pickering BA .194 HR 0 RBIs 2

RF M.Stairs BA .318 HR 0 RBIs 3

LF T.Long BA .292 HR 0 RBIs 2

SS A.Berroa BA .286 HR 0 RBIs 2

C J.Buck BA .250 HR 1 RBIs 4

3B M.Teahen BA .120 HR 0 RBIs 2

Bench

LF E.Marrero (starts vs. Lefties) BA .438 HR 1 RBIs 1

2B T.Graffanino BA .429 HR 0 RBIs 0

C A.Castillo BA .250 HR 0 RBIs 0

RF E.Brown (starts vs. Lefties) BA .182 HR 0 RBIs 0

Pitching and Stats

Rotation

Lima ERA 5.21 W 1 L 2

Z.Grienke ERA 3.20 W 2 L 1

B.Anderson ERA 4.50 W 1 L 0

Tank ERA 6.75 W 0 L 0

M.Wood ERA 0.00 W 0 L 0

Closer J. Affeldt ERA 0.00 Sv 2 L 0

Notes

Batting: Man did Gotay come out of nowhere. Looking at the lineup in the begining of the year I expected to put Graffanino in at starter by this point, but this kid is showing my some stuff. Those 2 jacks came on back to back at bats on off speed pitches inside that he turned on and barely got over the RF wall in Detroit. As for Graffanino, I might start him at 3rd because Teahan even though he he is a Baseball America top 100, is not doing well. I expect Sweeney to catch fire anyday, and this is just a short slump.

Pitching: Grienke is showing that he is the ace of the future, and I like his 97 mph. Lima, like Sweeney, I expect will come around and pitch more consistantly. I called Tank up from AAA because I knew his name and wanted to give him another shot in the bigs. If he starts becoming really bad, I will try to find a new club for him.

• 3 weeks later...

Update 2:

I was going to abandon this, but because people have continued to look at it, I will keep it going while at the same time starting a Mariners dynasty.

Schedule:

So I finished where I left off playing the chi sox, twins and Indians. I started off the year pretty hot, but I am now starting to look like the real Royals. I took 1-3 from the sox, but got swept by the Twins and Indians. My pitching has been terrible and I can’t hit worth beans. Put those to together and you get trouble 8O . I am 7-18 on the year.

Ballpark and Money:

Have not changed a think with the park. I am now at -$1,266,888.

Players and Stats:

Another part of my demise is injuries. I lost Berroa for 2 days. My boy Grienke who was 3-1 is out for about 50 days :evil: , and Pickering is out for 14 days or so. Instead of calling up another pitcher, I thought I would get creative and sign Denny Neagle to a 1 year 1.3 mil deal. Let see if he can come back, or if he sucks. I sent down Teahen because he was just not ready for the show and I moved Graffanino to 3rd. Until Pickering comes back Sweeney plays first, Stairs DHs, and Merrero plays RF. I also called up Carlos Febles, and Mendy Lopez for help up the middle.

Lineup and Stats

CF D.DeJesus BA .241 HR 1 RBIs 4

2B R.Gotay BA .238 HR 2 RBIs 8

RF M.Stairs BA .232 HR 2 RBIs 10

DH M.Sweeney BA .223 HR 1 RBIs 7

LF E.Marrero BA .291 HR 1 RBIs 3

LF T.Long BA .268 HR 1 RBIs 5

SS A.Berroa BA .188 HR 0 RBIs 2

C J.Buck BA .149 HR 2 RBIs 6

3B T.Graffanino BA .286 HR 0 RBIs 1

Bench

C A.Castillo BA .188 HR 0 RBIs 0

1B C.Pickering BA .229 HR 1 RBIs 9 (injured)

RF E.Brown BA .189 HR 1 RBIs 1

LF A. Guiel BA .000 HR 0 RBIs 0

2B C. Febles BA.000 HR 0 RBIs 0

SS M. Lopez BA .250 HR 0 RBIs 0

Pitching and Stats

Rotation

Lima ERA 5.21 W 2 L 4

D. Neagle ERA 0.00 W 0 L 0

B.Anderson ERA 3.62 W 1 L 2

Tank ERA 7.71 W 0 L 4

M.Wood ERA 2.08 W 0 L 2

(Injured) Z.Grienke ERA 2.00 W 3 L 1

Closer J. Affeldt ERA 2.25 Sv 3 L 1

Notes

Batting: Overall my team can not hit. The bright spots have been few and far between. I still like Gotay and Graffanino. I guess it is too early to judge Sweeney, but he just isn’t doing well. Stairs’ average has dropped a little, but he is still good. The team is just not hitting well. Add some ideas you may have for me, I am all ears. I guess playing on MVP level has caught up to me, and I am adjusting sliders to increase the user contact and power.

Pitching: Grienke was really good, but then gets injured. Everyone else has been pretty lackluster. The Tank is doing just what I was afraid he would do, suck. He is 0-4 and I am afraid that I will be looking to trade him once Grienke gets back, unless he gets hot. Lima is pitching like his age. Anderson is doing pretty well, and I know Wood is trying his best, but he just is not that talented. Even though Affeldt has blown a couple of saves, he is still the only member of my bullpen that I trust. I might sign Rocky Biddle because I am tired of him on The Best Damn Sport Show (I know it’s a different guy, Ron Dibble or something).

PLEASE help me if you have any thoughts. I hope you guys enjoy this, I will try to update it every beginning of every home or away stand. I am now on the road in Chicago, Baltimore, and Toronto (hopefully Carter’s Yard will be done wit Rogers Centre by then) for three game sets each.

I enjoy reading these updates, I hope you can improve on your hitting. I get frustrated playing on the All-Star level sometimes, and I have the Marlins! The more experience you get, the better you will get. I was the royals once in dynasty mode and Gotay and DeJesus were my best hitters, so stay faithful to them!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey I got a question for you guys. Tony Pena was recently fired as manager in real life. Should I do the same? I am thinking yes because my slow start has definatly been atributed to him :wink: 8) . Also I have not seen anyone use this feature yet. Anyone have any ideas on what to do? I am basically waiting until JPG releases his rogers centre :D .

• 3 weeks later...

febles is in the royals farm system...i believe in wichita - maybe high desert

(i'm talking the game's rosters...not sure where he is now in real life)

PS...what about donnie murphy - tried calling him up yet? in my dynasty i am using the day's rosters from real life so i still have him in AA. he is doing pretty well for me though so he might help out a bit if someone else gets hurt or if lopez/febles don't cut it. :D

Archived