Ultimate roster corrections and updates.

basballfanatik9

In this thread you will post all the corrections and updates you think should be made that will better these rosters.

Please start posting your corrections, updates, etc. in here so that it is easier to keep track of, so I don't have to look back 10 + pages saying everything that should be corrected.

Thanks jbmagicfan for the idea.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

alright here are the Opening day lineups for the Stingers and Sidewinders:

Stingers:

cf Chris Prieto

ss Dave Mantranga

3b Dallas McPherson

1b Casey Kotchman

c Jeff Mathis

rf Nick Gorneault

lf Curtis Pride

dh Luke Allen

2b Andy Fox

SP Chris Bootcheck

Sidewinders:

2b Andy Green

cf Josh Kroeger

rf Carlos Quentin

dh Alan Zinter

1b Conor Jackson

lf Doug Devoure

ss Sergio Santos

3b Brian Barden

c Juan Brito

SP Lance Cormier

I missed who will be starting tomorrow for the Sidewinders but Steve Green should be the #2 starter on Salt Lake.

Pitchers (w/pitches in order of effectiveness):

Erik Bedard: Fastball 92-94 mph, Curve/Slurve 77-79 mph w/2-8 break, Change-up 80-84 mph

Daniel Cabrera: Fastball 95-97 mph, Curve 80 mph 12-6 movement, 2-seamer 90-92 mph, Change-Up 85 mph

Rick Bauer: Fastball 89-92, Sinker 87 mph, Change-up 83 mph, Slider 85 mph

Rodrigo Lopez: Fastball 88-91, Slurve (63 control, 70 movement, 76 velocity, 11-5 movement), Change-up 83 mph

Jorge Julio: Lower command for all pitches

Batters:

Tejada - change stance from Helton to Chavez

Al Levine is resigned by the Giants to a Minor League Contract

Mike Restovich Claimed off waivers by the Rockies from the D'Rays.

Also Rick Ankiel was released by the cardinals and resigned by them to a minor league deal I beleive he starts out at double-A.

Indians minor league note erick almonte is in japan he signed with the indians over the winter but in less than a month the tribe sold him to some japanese team. Jose Morban is the starting ss in akron now and to take morbans spot on buffalos could be joe inglett.

basballfanatik9

On the first post of this thread, you should post all of the information that you have collected on word and edit the first post each time you gather the information so those suggesting can check the first post and know what has been accumulated. this may help with double and triple posting of similar corrections and updates. thanks for your time and effort in helping out with this project.

Which New York Yankees players need to do be edited ? I say the following should be updated:

C Jorge Posada

C John Flarethy

1B Jason Giambi

1B Tino Martinez

2B Tony Womack

2B Rey Sanchez

2B Andy Phillips

SS Derek Jeter

3B Alex Rodriguez

LF Hideki Matsui

CF Bernie Williams

CF Bubba Crosby

RF Gary Sheffield

RF Ruben Sierra

SP Randy Johnson

SP Carl Pavano

SP Mike Mussina

SP Jaret Wright

SP Kevin Brown

RP Tom Gordon

RP Steve Karsay

RP Paul Quantrill

RP Felix Rodriguez

RP Mike Stanton

RP Tanyon Sturtze

CP Mariano Rivera

Please post your opinions and edits for each player listed above and it will be greatly appreciated.

All of the players need updates. The players from 1B to RF need eidts on there:

Example: LF Hideki Matsui, 3B Alex Rodriguez, SS Derek Jeter, 1B Jason Giambi, etc.

RHC:

LHC:

RHP:

LHP:

SPD:

The pitchers need edits on there pitches. Mike Mussina, stamina, same for Kevin Brown and Jaret Wright and Randy Johnson.

The relieve pitchers need edits on there pitches also.

P.S. LF Hideki Matsui is a monster and needs more on his Contacts and Powers.

LET'S GO YANKEES !!!!!!!!!!!

DEREK JETER # 2

Pirates:

Nunnally and Mallette have been suspended for substance abuse (not necessarily steriods for the minor leaguers, they have a broader substance abuse policy). Nunnally is suspended for 15 days and mallette for 30 days for a second offense.

Jose Bautista is on the AA Altoona Curve roster now wearing #19. his first position should be 3B and second RF.

Jose Leon is first position is 3B and second 1B.

Ian Snell is a starter for indianapolis.

Rich Thompson is starting at center field.

Brian Reith is a reliever.

Ronny Paulino, new number #26, C, is on the Altoona Curve.

Damon Minor, Cesar Crespo, Howie Clark and Kirt Bullinger are not listed anymore on any of the pirate minor league rosters. i have yet to find out if they have been released or not signed because they were minor league invites.

Bryan Bullington is a starter for the AAA club but he is not listed on the opening day roster. he may be on the 15 day DL.

Bobby Bradley is a starting pitcher on the AAA Indianapolis Indians. (needs to be created).

suggestion: keep Van Benschoten and Burnett as SP and leave them in the Long Relief column. (both out for season)

Chris Duffy, centerfielder (needs to be created). he is currently on the ml roster due to an injury. he'll most likely return to AAA in 15 days.

basballfanatik9

On the first post of this thread, you should post all of the information that you have collected on word and edit the first post each time you gather the information so those suggesting can check the first post and know what has been accumulated. this may help with double and triple posting of similar corrections and updates. thanks for your time and effort in helping out with this project.

i agree

Saarloos and Haren need better stats, those guys are animals.

here is the roster for the Double A - Midland Rockhounds

Pitchers

DICKINSON, Drew

LYNCH, Matt

BONDURANT, Steven

MATTIONI, Nick

WEIS, Brad

BRANNON, Nick

OBENCHAIN, Stephen

CROWELL, Kyle

ZIEGLER, Mike

KOHN, Shawn

GARCIA, Jairo

FAHRNER, Evan

LANDEROS, Leonard

Catchers

BROWN, Jeremy

MYERS, Casey

Infielders

BEATTIE, Andrew

KIGER, Mark

TURNER, Lloyd

QUINTANILLA, Omar

COLAMARINO, Brant

Outfielders

STANLEY, Steve

PERRY, Jason

STAVISKY, Brian

ETHIER, Andre

ALLEGRA, Matt

Roster For Class A - Stockten Ports

Catcher

Daric Barton (i know hes at 1b now)

Jed Morris

Kurt Suzuki

Infield

Francis Gomez

Eddie Cornego

John McCurdy

Vasili Spanos

Benjamin Winslow

Luke Appert

Outfield

Dustin Majewski

Danny Putnam

Richie Robnett

Pitcher

Danielin (Brito) Acevedo

Elvis Avendano

Jared Burton

Justin Crowder

Christopher Dunwell

Jeff Muessig

Chris Shank

J.R. Pickens

Alex Santos

Jason Windsor

Brad Ziegler

Dallas Braden

Trent Peterson

and lets just add these guys in :D

Javi Herrera

Landon Powell

The pitchers need edits on there pitches. Mike Mussina, stamina, same for Kevin Brown and Jaret Wright and Randy Johnson.

DEREK JETER # 2

If you have some meat, feel free to post it. But this is not the roster set that's going to adjust ratings based on a 3-game series against the Red Sox. Do Matsui's stats vs. LHP the last 3 YEARS suggest his ratings are low? Do Mussina Innings per start the last 3 YEARS suggest he should have more stamina? This is the "even-handed" roster. If you're looking to "stack" your team, MarkB's roster is the one for you.

OUCH.

Good post though bb. Even as a Yankee fan I don't see what this person wants fixed. Basically he listed the whole roster and you are right...wants to stack them with great numbers...or so it seems.

Perhaps Matsui's numbers could be made a little better, but all in all, the roster as is (default or llmac's) are just fine.

I've played about 25 games with them (llmacs) and I am getting a good mix of everything I wouldl like to see from the Yankees lineup and picthing staff.

I found this lineup for the Louisville Riverbats from there official site:

Romano

Bergolla

Zapp

Stratton

Swann

Encarnacion

Kelly

Lopez

Sardinha

Here is there complete roster:

Pitchers

Acevado

Booker

Childress

Coffey

Fernadez

Keisler

Kelly

Ramirez

Robertson

Rose

Shackleford

Shearn

Stone

Catchers

Lomansey

Sardinha

Outfielders

Kelly

Romano

Smitherman

Swann

Stratton

Infielders

Bergolla

Encarnacion

Holbert

Lopez

Palaez

Zapp

And about the Lookouts here is a great depth chart that I don't need to type out.

http://www.lookouts.com/team/

I can't find an official site for the Sarasota Reds though :(

For the Yankees...I can tell you ALOT of pitches are off. Not quality....but the pitch types....but knowing MVP baseball..its probably true for most teams. Example...Carl Pavano throws a splitter, not a sinker.

In terms of stats? Ruben Sierra's power numbers are too low. Did he only hit 17 HRs last year? yeah...but i think he had less than 300 ABs. Hideki Matsui does have no power against lefties...but his 2 year splits in terms of average comes out to around .276...i think his contact should be raised slightly. Those are the only things i know are off....I think contact numbers are off for other hitters too. Bernie Williams contact should be around the same for both sides of the plate, as his splits for last year were .261 and .265. Not sure offhand what they are in the game in terms of ratings.

Mike

For the Yankees...I can tell you ALOT of pitches are off. Not quality....but the pitch types....but knowing MVP baseball..its probably true for most teams. Example...Carl Pavano throws a splitter, not a sinker.

Mike

Take a look at my work here or on the main thread for the rosters. All it takes to figure out what you and I obviously have found out is the knowledge to read (scouting reports) and watch games. Knowing how to type better than one finger at a time is a plus, too. I do "one at a time" in between games, beers, and poker games (oh yeah, work).

Again, I’m giving it the “throw it on the wall†method. We’ll see if TribeTime and other Iroquois fans can find a dent in it with their scouting reports.

MLB- Cleveland

R. Betancourt-

Again will need help w/ deliveries. If anyone has seen him throw, his delivery is weird in that it is STRAIGHT over the top. I don’t know if that’s generic3.

“Slider has more of a slurvy action than a pure-sliderâ€

T: Make the curve a SLURVE and knock the changeup way down, definitely his worst pitch.

J. Davis-

Where’s his splitter? “…he has an 83 mph split-finger, which he uses more like a forkball, as a change-of-speed pitch…â€

T: Get rid of that changeup and give him his splitter, a good one at that.

Elarton-

No mention of that garbage cutter. Get it out of here. But make the fastball have some sink.

“…uses a fastball that ranges from 87-91 mph and sinks. Also throws a curveball, slider and changeup.â€

Howry-

I see no mention of an 85 controlled changeup. In fact no mention of a changeup at all. He does throw the “occasional splitterâ€, but that should be low rated.

T: No changeup, splitter instead rated in high 60s. Three pitches: Fastball, slider, splitter.

C. Lee

Anyone who even reads my scouting reports, here’s something to chew on. I will watch this guy and my boy N. Lowry as they progress. Harold Reynolds thinks this guy is ready for a breakout season. He throws about as hard as Noah, but he has a wider array of stuff than Lowry at this point. Street & Smith’s “Breakthrough Year Candidates†List reads:

1. Takatsu 2. D. Cabrera 3. Wright 4. Sledge 5. F. Rodriguez 6. A. Miles 7. Lowry

We’ll see.

His stuff is fairly well represented in the game. However, his fastball should be 90 mph and should add a cutter to his arsenal, probably in the mid/high 70s rating.

M. Miller

I know this guy has already been mentioned in the thread. Here’s more scouting.

“…throws from a low arm angle that borders on submarine…he has TWO pitches: a fastball that ranges from 83-87 mph and a slider… deception is his key…fastball is not overpowering, though it does have sinking action…â€

T: get rid of the changeup and curveball, put some sink on the fastball and swap the trajectory on the slider (2-8 to 10-4), give him a VERY sidearm delivery

Westbrook-

No mention of a two-seamer in scouting reports. Instead his 2nd fastball should be a cutter instead. I would leave the ratings about the same. A stud in the making.

Rhodes

NO WAY, NO WAY, NO WAY. These ratings are about 3-4 years old.

“…velocity on fastball has dropped in 90-93 range…also has a slider and a cut fastball…never has developed a good feel for pitching…sharp slider flattens out when overthrown…a one speed guy who is dominant to one side of plate…decent change and curve…â€

T: Any rating of a pitch over 85 (overall) is a crime.

Fastball mid/low 80s 2. Slider 80-ish 3. Cut high 70s 4. Curve 70-ish 5. Changeup- 70-ish

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS GAME.

D. Riske-

Slider: overall rating of 59? :lol: He’s ranked just below S. Kline in relievers yet has the stuff of a journeyman? OK, here we go.

“…fastball ranges from 89-92 mph and his slider from 81-84 mph. Also has a split-fingered change (?)… some ride on his 4-seamer…has been inconsistent w/ a big breaking slider…uses his change as an out pitch…â€

T: 1. Splitter (80 mph) mid 80s rating 2. Fastball low 80s w/ some tail mov’t 3. Slider about high 70s rating (lots of mov’t/ little control)

Sabathia:

Looks good except Curve needs more movement than 5. More like 8 or 9.

Plus I know he’s a fatty and his range sucks, but he made no errors last year. His fielding should be about 12/15. He’s a good “fat†athlete.

Wickman-

His stuff is way too good. This guy is a 4.50 ERA closer.

T: Get rid of that 2-seam. A straight fastball and his sinker are plenty. Knock down his 4 seam fastball to 80-ish, so sinker and slider are his pitches of choice.

Read This: “Wickman has two main pitches: a sinking fastball at 91-92mph and a slider at 83-86.â€

"T;"= Translation of scouting repors

Where do I get them? See main roster thread . I'm not posting them again.

Unless I say mph, all numbers like "low 70s" means OVERALL IN-GAME RATING.

Ryan Madson- PHI

Curve is a knuckle-curve

How do I know? Because I'm watching the game on MLB.TV right now and the announcers are talking about it.

Izzy (STL)-

That knuckle-curve/ curve duo is nonsense. He's thrown the 4-seam, cutter, and overhand regular curve, 12-6, 76 mph. He's throwing a 85 mph slider as well. Give him the 85 mph, 11-5, slider and shelve the knuckle-curve, make the regular curve 12-6, instead of 11-5.

Source: Same game as Madson post above.

Which New York Yankees players need to do be edited ? I say the following should be updated:

C Jorge Posada

C John Flarethy

1B Jason Giambi

1B Tino Martinez

2B Tony Womack

2B Rey Sanchez

2B Andy Phillips

SS Derek Jeter

3B Alex Rodriguez

LF Hideki Matsui

CF Bernie Williams

CF Bubba Crosby

RF Gary Sheffield

RF Ruben Sierra

SP Randy Johnson

SP Carl Pavano

SP Mike Mussina

SP Jaret Wright

SP Kevin Brown

RP Tom Gordon

RP Steve Karsay

RP Paul Quantrill

RP Felix Rodriguez

RP Mike Stanton

RP Tanyon Sturtze

CP Mariano Rivera

Please post your opinions and edits for each player listed above and it will be greatly appreciated.

All of the players need updates. The players from 1B to RF need eidts on there:

Example: LF Hideki Matsui, 3B Alex Rodriguez, SS Derek Jeter, 1B Jason Giambi, etc.

RHC:

LHC:

RHP:

LHP:

SPD:

DEREK JETER # 2

Hey Jeter,

I know you're probably a youngster, so I'll use kid gloves. This roster is to update every team based on verifiable info. Spamming this thread is getting you sympathy points, but your not going to get any suggestions here unless you give SOMETHING to work with. This is a BASEBALL FAN roster, not a YANKEE one.

Look at Hideki's stats last 3 years:

vs. LHP : 9HR, 384 AB

vs. RHP : 38 HR, 823 AB

Do the math, take a chill pill and hit the Yankee threads. Pretty please.

Archived