Ultimate roster corrections and updates.

basballfanatik9

that the problem, not all transactions are being repoted in the forum. so i just dont want the roster maker missing it. so its best for the roster maker to check that web page for transactions, so they get it all.

it so much more work for them if only partial transactiosn are getting posted here only.

do all the transactions here or dont do it at all. and have the roster maker check that web site. it just easier for them to check one place on that web page.

doing only partial transactions and post it here, is just double work because they have to check here and at that web site.

See thats the thing the posting transactions thing is how weve been doing it from the beginning if you look back prior to version 1 of the ultimate roster, every transaction had been posted in the thread without the need to post a website, so people can post all the transactions they want if any are missed I will post them just as I have been since I began helping out these fine gentlemen on the rosters. Check back though all the post in the original thread you will the way things were being done then and if it aint broke why fix it?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

abacusand13south

i agree it was done better before version 1.0 with people showing all the transactions that happen daily.

but after 1.0 came out. i only seen people just post partial transactions. and i seen alot never posted here in this forum.

just hope the roster makers check the web site to be sure, they got all the daily transactiosn since version 1.0

Dunno if this has been posted in here, but should Miguel Batista's stamina be lowered since he's closing for the Jays now?

Some people would say yes it should, I beleive it should not, because its not like he will lose the ability to throw 100 pitches, will he throw 100 pitches in an outing? doubtful but could he if needed? Yes. If it was me id leave it but its no big deal.

Some people would say yes it should, I beleive it should not, because its not like he will lose the ability to throw 100 pitches, will he throw 100 pitches in an outing? doubtful but could he if needed? Yes. If it was me id leave it but its no big deal.

I would say a little bit, because when you're closing, you would think he would throw every pitch as hard as you can accuratley.

I've yet to find a great one online. Hell, I haven't even found the end all in print. One scout interpretation is different from another. That's why I mix them altogether and come to a consensus. This magazine is my favorite:

http://www.sportingnews.com/books/baseball/05scguide.html

It has an index at the end so players are easy to find, each position is ranked, and full repertoires are given. This is not that STATS cr@p that is so often associated w/ Sporting News (and ESPN's web site). On the Cover:

"ALL PLAYERS evaluated, ranked and graded by big-league scouts"

One example: STATS scouting makes no mention of Rich Harden's splitter.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/scouting?statsId=7180

Yet, if you're sitting behind homeplate at the Coliseum next to the guy with a miliion pins in his ballcap and try to tell him he doesn't throw a "wicked" splitter, he'll look at you like a moron.

From the magazine I mentioned.

"Spliiter has late bite"

I just bought the Sporting News Magazine that was mentioned in the quote, I definitely recommend the roster makers to use that magazine, it has almost all pitchers' pitching types and most speeds for the types. Impressive..also has some ratings, so that might help with the rating in the game...

I just bought the Sporting News Magazine that was mentioned in the quote, I definitely recommend the roster makers to use that magazine, it has almost all pitchers' pitching types and most speeds for the types. Impressive..also has some ratings, so that might help with the rating in the game...

Thata kid Jaffifth. Now you can keep an eye on me and add some junk in too.

[see I told you Jay fans that Halladay throw a knuckle-curve.]

I am placing the following TotalMinors 2004 AAA players into the Ultimate Rosters FA list because they are no longer with their TotalMinors team and have not shown up on an AAA team this year...If you know the whereabouts of any, let me know ASAP and please site your source:

Richard Paz, Mario Valenzuela, Kip Bouknight, Chris Donnels, Roberto Garcia, Andy Beal, David Doster, Craig Kuzmic, Scott Sheldon, Ryan Kellner, Eric Riggs, Rick Bell, Gary Burnham, Shaun Babula, Bob Ryan, Mike Hill, Andrew Beinbrick, Mike Paradis, Mike Curry, Tim Hamulack, Jeremy Owens, Alex Fernandez (the Outfielder), Rico Washington, Mike Romano, Bryce Terveen, Brandon Marsters, Brian Simmons, Shane Bowers, Greg Kubes, Jeremy Wedel, Shawn Fagan, Mark Lukasiewicz, Jorge Sequea, Elpido Guzman, Rich Gomez, Guillermo Rodriguez, Luis Rodriguez (the catcher) and Brant Ust.

On the braves AAA team, the Catcher's name is called wrong. I believe it calls him Matt Holiday and that is not the name that is listed. I can't remember his name but he is white and has a picture. There is also another player with his same picture, i can't remember if the other guy is in AAA or AA or maybe A but he is in the Braves minor leagues, the guy with the duplicate picture.

I have used Hory's Portrait set so i don't know if that interferes or not.

Craig Kuzmic WAS(AA)

Eric Riggs HOU(AA)

Tim Hamulack NYM(AA)

Alex Fernandez CIN(AA)

Rico Washington TB(AA)

Brandon Marsters BAL(AA)

Guillermo Rodriguez SF(Hi A)

From BA 2005 Opeing day roster

And

Andrew Beinbrick -> Beinbrink ?

Elpido Guzman -> Elpidio ?

Thata kid Jaffifth. Now you can keep an eye on me and add some junk in too.

[see I told you Jay fans that Halladay throw a knuckle-curve.]

Kid??? Not everyone here's a kid ;):lol: And yeah, I kinda knew he threw a knuckle-curve, had to be with how much it drops, plus it was his default pitch in the game in HH2k4 i believe. Now i can finally change Vinnie Chulk's slow 90MPH up to 95MPH. I think it's a bit better than the Neyer/James book since it didn't even have Halladay which made me pissed. Paid quite a bit for that damn book.

I've noticed a few spelling errors in total minors, so I'll go ahead and say yes, your corrections on their names are correct/necessary---got who they play for?

Not that I can find him anywhere but it is actually Rob Ryan not Bob Ryan, yes they are essentilly the same but Rob is what he goes by.

• 3 weeks later...

bump

Hey buddy I don't know if you were aware of this(but I think you are because I've seen get in trouble for this exact same thing before) bumping is against the rules.

By MarkB:

"OK, another one.

No "bumping". If your thread is going downhill, there is a reason for it. You do not "bump" topics. It's just spam and anyone who does it will be receiving a warning for spamming."

Please read the rules.

Archived