MVP2005 SavReader (PS2/PC/X-BOX)

RichK

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I intend on adding the ability to take any version (PC/PS2/XBox) of .sav fileand create PC compatible dat files from them.

another great idea there... might be simpler to just add that capabality rather than making it ps2 & xbox compatible or modifying the source code.

Hope people are true to their word and do support you a bit financially, this is well deserved just for your progression in such a short amount of time.. lord knows it hasn't worked for me, but I'm sure it will for you :p

Unfortunately, no box scores... those are not stored in any of the dynasty files. I have linescores for every game, but that's about it. I'll have a preview of the team pages coming sometime today. I really like how it's looking.

RichK - Just wondering what programming language are you using, Visual Basic ? VB.Net ?

It's actually Access 97 (VB) code right now. I'm going to convert it to VB.NET before I release it to the public though.

Speaking of releasing... I am almost to the point where I am going to make my first beta build of the SavReader. I still need to do some coding and clean-up, and then convert it to .NET. I'd estimate maybe another week or two of work (don't hold me to that though :) )and you all can get your hands on this and give it a whirl.

I fully envision this on being a "living" application. That is, constantly adding new features and abilities and gleaning every possible piece of data from the .sav file. There's still quite a bit that I don't have decoded yet.

RichK,

I am an experienced VB programmer (learning VB.NET), I've also some experience programming in Access which is similiar to VB. The only thing I really do not know how to do is read the file format the .SAV files are in. I can read all other types of files in VB and Access with no problem.

If you'd be willing to share the code you have so far, I'd be very interested. I'd really like to learn how to read the .SAV file and create some MVP utilities for now and for future versions, and for other sports games as well. I'd be willing to pay you for the source code you have so far. My email is surfmoney@aol.com

Mike

RichK,

One thing I was wondering...since you have apparently figured out how to read from the .sav file, is it possible that you may expand and be able to write to the .sav file, similar to MLBTinker's one for last year's game? Just wondering.

RichK,

One thing I was wondering...since you have apparently figured out how to read from the .sav file, is it possible that you may expand and be able to write to the .sav file, similar to MLBTinker's one for last year's game? Just wondering.

At this point, it's very doubtful. The PS2 and X-Box .sav files are protected with a checksum that I've been unable to figure out the algorithm for. I can write out perfect .sav files all day, but without the checksum being correct, the consoles will report a corrupt save file and not load them in. Once I finish development, I may take another crack at the checksums, but it's almost like finding a needle in a haystack without knowing the initial seed value for the checksum.

Just to let you all know where I'm at right now, here's my TO-DO list before the initial release:

1 ) Put navigation banner at top of all pages

2 ) Minor league stats fix in team leaders section

3 ) Team stats page

4 ) Franchise/Spring/Budget for teams

5 ) Postional Rankings

6 ) Emails

7 ) Transactions

8 ) X-Box

9 ) Convert to VB.NET and optimize code

Archived