Francona Manager's 'Shirt'

HardcoreLegend

Is anyone interested in this? I don't play as the Red Sox, but I was thinking about this tonight and kinda liked the challenge of putting it in the game for the Red Sox.

Of course, any mod I do for this would be Xbox....meaning it would be 2x and someone would have to convert it over for PC.

terry_francona.jpg

Well, despite the total lack of interest, I worked on this a bit. Got most of it to work....just need to adjust the kneck line a bit as it is currently showing too high as it's trying to put the managers jacket over it. I'll merely move the collar down and leave alittle more grey area at the top and it should be all fixed.

Looks pretty good, but the umpire's graphics suddenly disappeared. I think I had a bad rebuild. :lol:

I'll do some Caps tomorrow.

Can you post a link about this, haven't heard anything about it.

Bob Ryan was talking about it on Mr. Tony's show. He was apologizing for ripping on Francona last year about never wearing his uniform before finding out this year that he has to wear some special shirts because of his heart problems.

Bob Ryan was talking about it on Mr. Tony's show. He was apologizing for ripping on Francona last year about never wearing his uniform before finding out this year that he has to wear some special shirts because of his heart problems.

Yep. Had a blot clot in his lungs or something to that effect, and it damaged his circulation. Poor circulation = heavy shirts to stay warm to help body with circulation.

True story.

IIRC, Joe Buck and Tim McCarver discussed this briefly during the playoffs last year....on why he's always "out of uniform".

Thanks Mr. B.

You're welcome.

Found that Googling "Terry Francona". Just searching his name pulled up a lot of hits, and that was the first I looked at that mentioned past medical history.

I'm sure if you were to keep looking, you'd probably find more indepth information. Like this one; http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/3525864

This one specifically mentions the blood clotting in the lungs.

B.

I guess my google search was to narrow. I was trying Francona "medical reasons".

LOL.... Google can find just about anything, provided you put in the right words.

Many is the time I've gone searching for something fruitlessly, and someone's come along and said "Did you try searching for "this"?"

Ummm...no. *types in "this"*, and WHAM. There's precisely what I was looking for. :D

What's a kneck?

POTD.

Sorry to hear about 'Cona's health problems. I knew he had some issues in the past, but I guess I never connected it with the shirt.

Personally, I think all the managers should dress like Connie Mack in suits. Mack was truly a man of style, and a damn good manager. Shame the A's aren't still playing in Philly at old Shibe Park; that would be a grand old time.

Archived