New York Yankees dynasty

MarkB

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I played my next game about an hour ago and planned to play the rest of the day's games, but I've started doing other things so I will probably leave it until later.

In their first game of the season, the Tampa Yankees took a 10-4 win over the Lakeland Tigers. It was a pretty high-scoring game, especially considering that the Yankees had 14 hits and the Tigers had 11.

Estee Harris went 3 for 5, scoring 2 runs, driving in 5 and hitting a home run.

Tim Battle went 3 for 4, scoring 3 runs on 2 singles and a double.

Estee Harris, Marcos Vechionacci, Rudy Guillen and Jonathan Poterson all hit home runs.

Tyler Clippard pitched 6.1 innings, allowing 4 runs on 9 hits and 1 walk while grabbing 5 strikeouts, gaining him a 5.68 ERA after his first start. He also took the win.

Jesse Hoover pitched 2.2 innings, allowing 2 hits, 1 walk and 1 strikeout.

The Yankees took 2 walks and struck out 9 times, while the Tigers also took 2 walks but struck out 6 times.

Only major details about the minor league games, but yes, I'm playing them all. I'm really trying to play catch-up because I'm only on the 6th of April and I'd like to be able to play the games as they come. I'll be starting the other games soon.

The first game of the Trenton Thunder year took place in Trenton as they faced off against the Erie SeaWolves. It became a pitching duel as the first run wasn't scored until the 7th inning on an RBI single by Bronson Sardinha that drove Erold Andrus who pinch run for Shelley Duncan after he had singled. After that, though, the offenses came alive and as the Thunder bullpen imploded, the SeaWolves took advantage, plating 4 runs in the 8th inning off of Thunder relievers Ben Julianel and Edwardo Sierra.

Steven White pitched a solid game, going 6 and a third innings and allowing 6 hits and 1 walk while combining 3 strikeouts. He began the 7th inning and got the first out, then gave up a single and was pulled in favour of Ben Julianel who, despite, getting the first out easily, ended up sparking an offensive explosion for the SeaWolves as they drove men in one after another. Edwardo Sierra came in from the bullpen to clean up, only to give up 2 consecutive hits and then lose his control, falling behind and eventually walking a batter. Justin Pope came in and closed out the inning, but the damage was done. The Thunder took a run back in the bottom of the inning and looked to have regained the momentum when Jared Koutnik singled up the middle to score the runner on 3rd base after a well executed double-steal with men on 1st and 2nd advanced the runners to 2nd and 3rd. The Erie manager charged out of the dugout and headed for the 3rd base umpire and after arguing his case vehemently, he was tossed out of the game. The Thunder then had men on 1st and 3rd with no outs when Melky Cabrera came to the plate. He worked a 3-2 count as the SeaWolves reliever struggled with his control, only to strike out looking on a borderline pitch. Eric Duncan stepped up looking for an RBI, only to suffer the same fate as Melky and strike out looking. The Thunder offense ended with J.T. Stotts grounding out to end the inning and after a scoreless 9th, Erie won the game 4-2.

Steven White pitched 6 and a third innings, allowing 6 hits, 1 walk, 1 HBP and got 3 strikeouts.

Ben Julianel pitched 1 and a third innings, allowing 3 runs on 3 hits and 1 walk while taking 2 strikeouts. He took the loss.

Edwardo Sierra failed to get an out and gave up 3 hits, 1 run and a walk.

Justin Pope pitched 1 and a third innings and allowed 1 hit and had 1 strikeout.

Oh i wasn't a hitter, I was a pitcher, I just got to watch him. We actually beat him that day. We were losing 5-0 in the ninth inning and our CF came up and hit a 3 run blast off of him to make it 5-3. Then they brought in Jason Arnold (a starter somewhere in the minors) and we scored 3 runs off of him. But it was definitely a treat to watch the Atlantic Sun Conference that year. With Justin Pope, Jason Arnold, Lenny DiNardo, Frank Corr, Larry Broadway, Adam Keim, I just got to see and play against many good players.

Here goes, the first transactions of the year.

Traded Jaret Wright to the Houston Astros for Andy Pettitte.

Traded Carl Pavano to the Chicago White Sox for Orlando Hernandez.

Traded Kevin Brown and Felix Rodriguez to the Los Angeles Dodgers for Duaner Sanchez.

Traded Randy Johnson to the Minnesota Twins for Johan Santana.

Promoted Robinson Cano from MLB Yankees and demoted Rey Sanchez to AAA Columbus.

Promoted Buddy Groom and Chien-Ming Wang to MLB Yankees.

Traded Jason Giambi to Washington Nationals for Nick Johnson.

So you ripped off the CPU in order to make an already all star team better.

That's the equivalent of beating a special olympics kid at an athletic

event. Congratulations. :roll:

Of course, it's your dynasty so do as you please.

I didn't really have much choice, did I? That's the starting roster and I didn't have any input on that and seing as I'm not a supporter of the way the club has been laid out in recent years, why would I keep overpaid players when I don't have to?

You want to complain? Write a letter to Brian Cashman and George Steinbrenner. Other than that, leave your stereotypical opinions at the door.

Well, I never wanted R.J. in the first place. :D

Or Brown, for that matter.

Or Pavano.

Or Wright.

I'm seeing a pattern here. 8O :lol:

I'll be playing a couple of games tomorrow, so I'll be updating then.

I just played the first Clippers game of the season - Columbus vs. the White Sox AAA team, the Charlotte Knights.

All in all, it was a pretty quiet game, nothing really dramatic about it, but the end came hard, fast and it hurt.

Jorge de Paula started for the Clippers and Dan Wright took the start for the Knights.

The pitching was the main notable of the day, but not for good reasons. Dan Wright allowed 7 runs, all earned, over 4.2 innings, allowed 6 walks and 2 homeruns while only getting 1 strikeout.

Jorge de Paula pitched reasonably well, but his end killed his line. With the score at 7-3 Clippers, and after allowing a single to lead off the inning, Timo Perez stepped in and because I had Colter warming up at the start of the inning, I took a mound visit and contemplated bringing him in, but since the mound visit seemed to put Jorge back where he needed to be, I let him pitch to Timo.

The phrase "better safe than sorry" has never been more appropriate.

Timo hooked the 2nd pitch of the at-bat over the right field wall and closed the game to 7-5, which would prove fatal later.

Colter Bean did was perfect in relief and turned it over to Sam Marsonek in the 9th with the score still 7-5 Clippers.

Sam, like his real-life counterpart early in the Clippers season, then proceded to screw it all up. He allowed 2 lead-off singles which put men on 3rd and 1st, then Jamie Burke stepped to the plate and took Sam deep to give the Knights a 8-7 lead. Sam then closed out the inning, but the damage was already done. The Clippers brought Nieves, Escalona and Reese to the plate in the 9th inning, but to no avail.

Sam Marsonek was the Knight in shining armour for Charlotte tonight.

Jorge de Paula went 6 innings, allowing 5 runs on 8 hits, 2 walks and getting 5 strikeouts. His ERA stands at 7.50.

Colter Bean pitched 2 perfect innings, getting 4 strikeouts.

Sam Marsonek pitched 1 inning, allowed 5 hits and 3 runs while getting 1 strikeout. His ERA rises to 27.00. ;)

Andy Phillips and Wil Nieves got their first homers of the year. Caonabo Cosme, the Clippers new starting second baseman with Robinson Cano being in New York, went 2 for 5. Russ Johnson went 2 for 3 with a home run and 2 RBI, both on sacrifices. Mitch Jones, playing DH, went 2 for 4 with a walk.

All in all, the Knights had 8 runs on 13 hits and no erros, while the Clippers had 7 runs on 12 hits and no errors.

Yep. Damn jinxes. ;)

I'm thinking of restarting it actually. I don't really want to, but I'm considering releasing another new version of my rosters with some edits, tweaks and relocations and if I do, I'll want to start my dynasty with correct rosters. I could just make the changes in the dynasty by editing the players, but I don't trust EA's edit player enough. I think there is a good chance it will mess with the hidden functions such as star power and I don't want that.

I might just sleep on it and see what I think tomorrow.

LOL! you know i think more people in this dynasty forum actually play their MILB teams games. i think it's great! i for one do, to me they are great fun, adds even more to the game, more of a challenge too IMO. and squeezes every last bit of this games feautures out to boot. never understood why so many people shun them. glamour hogs i guess.

i think with a nice uniform and a good realistic rosters the MILB games are as fun if not moreso than MLB. only drawback IMO are the stadiums, wish someone would jazz them up a bit, even if it were just some real ads etc. etc.

Yeah, same here. If you have the option of playing them, why not? I like Minor League Baseball as mucch as I do with Major, less horsecrap in it. The only problem is that they are generally shunned and don't get much, if any, media coverage.

Would really love some realistic stadia for '05, but no-one seems interested in it. Depending how my time goes, I might try to get into the whole stadium modding lark, but I imagine it to be pretty complicated, what with OEdit work required. In the old High Heat days where I modded quite a bit, it was just a case of un-packing the stadium and you would have a pile of .bmp files. Replace and edit as necessary, repack and you were done.

I suppose it's necessary for more advanced features, though. The better the stadiums are, the more work they need.

Do you guys play every MLB dynasty game? For me, I just can't. I am more into simming and making roster moves. I like going deeper into the dynasty, so I actually go through about a season a day. Most times I play about 10 games a season.

Archived