Times They Are A Changin

drummer_qt08

Dear MVP Mod user,

I am quite new to this site, and actually up until yesterday, did not even know a site like this existed or such changes as people seem to propose could actually be done, but I guess that is just technology for you, if you can figure out, why not run with it, so to speak.

Anyways, having played my MVP Baseball 2005 PC game pretty much since it came out, I am finally looking for some changes. I had tried my hardest, using only the in-game tools (under Manager Rosters) to try and keep up-to-date with rosters. Luckily, I found the roster updates on here and it was the first thing I downloaded, and it worked.

Now, there are a bunch of other downloading suggestions and options, such as overlay, team uniforms, etc. but if essentially wanted a total 'change' of the look of my mvp game, what downloads do you think I should use.

I am not much for huge technical projects, so the easier, the better, I suppose. I would essentially like a reliable overlay, but does that also mean the entire game's look changes, including how stats are shown (not in-game states)? I also would like to find a way to get all the new Jerseys in one shot, if possible. Is there a download, or a way, to modify or add players equipment, heads, face features (like facial hair), at all? What about a download to bring a whole bunch of new Face IDs?

I have seen posts regarding a MVP 2008 mod, is it really different from the genuine MVP 2005, in terms of added features and so forth? I really like the MVP Baseball 2005; have gotten very used to the control, where everything is, etc.

Thanks for taking the time in reading this and I do hope to hear everyone's suggestions.

I would just like to give it some changes, upgrades.

Dear MVP Mod user,

I am quite new to this site, and actually up until yesterday, did not even know a site like this existed or such changes as people seem to propose could actually be done, but I guess that is just technology for you, if you can figure out, why not run with it, so to speak.

Anyways, having played my MVP Baseball 2005 PC game pretty much since it came out, I am finally looking for some changes. I had tried my hardest, using only the in-game tools (under Manager Rosters) to try and keep up-to-date with rosters. Luckily, I found the roster updates on here and it was the first thing I downloaded, and it worked.

Now, there are a bunch of other downloading suggestions and options, such as overlay, team uniforms, etc. but if essentially wanted a total 'change' of the look of my mvp game, what downloads do you think I should use.

Well let me be one of the first to say welcome, we're glad to have ya. And yes, MVP 08 is the current Total Conversion mod (which basically is an update of cyber faces, stadiums, rosters, overlays, uniforms and database information. That can be downloaded over at our sister site www.mlbmods.com along with the Total Installer Thingy (TiT). Basically if you can follow the readme, you'll be set to go!

MVP 08 - http://www.mlbmods.com/index.php/downloads/mvp-2005/total-conversion/mvp-baseball-08-mlb

TiT - http://www.mlbmods.com/index.php/downloads/mvp-2005/mvp-tools/TiT

I am not much for huge technical projects, so the easier, the better, I suppose. I would essentially like a reliable overlay, but does that also mean the entire game's look changes, including how stats are shown (not in-game states)? I also would like to find a way to get all the new Jerseys in one shot, if possible. Is there a download, or a way, to modify or add players equipment, heads, face features (like facial hair), at all? What about a download to bring a whole bunch of new Face IDs?

All our overlays are done by great modders, and it's basically up to you for what style you want. There are some that include baserunner speeds, some that include a fancier type scoreboard and some that are just barebone basics. If you want to install any, just make sure to back up the old ones, so if you don't like the new style, just delete the new ones and restore the old files. The jerseys can be downloaded in a whole package, thespungo has a standard pack that contains 2 of each MLB team for free, but for a small donation, you can get all of his work (600+ I believe the last count was). And there are various accessory packs and everything - just make sure to back up what you are afraid to change.

Spungo's Standard Uniforms - http://www.mlbmods.com/index.php/downloads/thespungos-2010-standard-uniform-update

I have seen posts regarding a MVP 2008 mod, is it really different from the genuine MVP 2005, in terms of added features and so forth? I really like the MVP Baseball 2005; have gotten very used to the control, where everything is, etc.

It's not totally different, but it's a whole new feeling. Nothing really added just updated and made fancier. The controls and where everything is is the same, just maybe a word tweaked here or there, but you'll relearn it VERY quickly

Thanks for that really fast reply! For the MVP 2008 total mod I need to re-install MVP Baseball 2005 though, right? and then install that mod afterwards? I was reading about it on one of the forums that that is the only way it will work.

As for the equipment and Create a Player features, are they the same in the MVP 2008 mod?

Say I did not want to do the MVP 2008 mod and just wanted to re-create the MVP 2005, is there a download for Face IDs or cyberfaces (similar to 750+ player packs that NHLdepot offers for the NHL 09 game), or do you have to download by team or something?

Thanks for that really fast reply! For the MVP 2008 total mod I need to re-install MVP Baseball 2005 though, right? and then install that mod afterwards? I was reading about it on one of the forums that that is the only way it will work.

When you start the MVP 08 installation with TiT, it'll prompt you to enter the first CD, it'll do it's thing, then prompt for the 2nd and keep on going until it ends.

As for the equipment and Create a Player features, are they the same in the MVP 2008 mod?

I believe it is, there actually may be a little more details than in the original but I'm not 100 percent sure on that, I haven't used the ingame program, just MVPEdit.

Say I did not want to do the MVP 2008 mod and just wanted to re-create the MVP 2005, is there a download for Face IDs or cyberfaces (similar to 750+ player packs that NHLdepot offers for the NHL 09 game), or do you have to download by team or something?

Homer is the inhouse cyberface guy and he just released a download of cyberfaces compatiable with hiheat's roster file, both download links are below.

2010 Facepack v1.3 by Homer - http://www.mlbmods.com/index.php/downloads/mvp-2005/mvp-cyberfaces/2010-facepack

HiHeat's 2k10 to 2005 Rosters Plus (the title basically means the info from MLB 2K10 was converted by him manually into MVP's language - http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=5736

Again, thanks for the help. As i mentioned in my first post, i have made a roster update to a 2010 roster and it includes a whole lot of new players and recent stats. I have yet to try a new dynasty with this roster, but dont I need to change the year to 2010 as my start season rather than starting from the usual 2005? Or has the roster update already changed that for me?

Changing the year on your dynasty is more of a visual thing, it shouldn't cause a crash or anything of that sort

This is the 2010 Schedule made by DylanBradbury (our in house know it all, but he's a great guy! Really!) - http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=5460

And this is the schedule date changer by TyWiggins (he's a genius at doing all these programs!) - http://www.mlbmods.com/index.php/downloads/mvp-2005/mvp-tools/schedule-updater

Oh and as for that year changing program, it would only bring me to March 30, 2008 it says, but what about moving to 2010? does a year program changer exist to do that?

See my post here: http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?showtopic=49146

*Again, READ the README file included in the Download.

Hi Maestro23, thanks and yeah I read it and saw the link and everything (and you have to register), i find a year changer too, either similar or much like it, but my issue is that only gets me to 2008, unless there is something I am missing?

Get the Schedule updater from here: http://www.mlbmods.com/index.php/downloads/mvp-2005/mvp-tools/schedule-updater

As I said earlier, there are 2 .exe files included in this mod. You want to use the 2nd one, NOT the one labeled 2008 to change your year to 2010. See my screen shot below.

2m6rcb7.jpg

Wow that really did work, thanks! Ok, somewhat of a hypothetical here. Say i made a roster update with the MLB2k10 pack that was suggested above, now with your schedule updated, do I want the players age to change? Basically, does the MLB2k10 roster update assume that these players are the ages that they are in 2005, as opposed to 2010. Does that make sense? I hope so

Also, i loaded the Homer facepack but for many of the players there is still Face ID? I followed the instructions.

Yeah, thats my next problem. I run the Schedule Update per the suggestion and in terms of working to get me to 2010, it works well. When it prompts me about the player ages, i put 'y' BUT the players ages are still the same as they were before, they did not change? How do I fix this problem?

Yeah, thats my next problem. I run the Schedule Update per the suggestion and in terms of working to get me to 2010, it works well. When it prompts me about the player ages, i put 'y' BUT the players ages are still the same as they were before, they did not change? How do I fix this problem?

'n' is actually what you need to type. I know, confusing right?

Wow HiHeat, so pressing 'n' did the job, thanks! So, i got the year change, the cyberface pack from homer, some new jerseys, and the espn overlay. Now what? is there anyway to add player IDs or portraits to the MVP 2005 game? Also, do any of the overlays change the looks of the menu and stuff? Or do any downloads allow you to change the look of the menus and stats and stuff?

Wow HiHeat, so pressing 'n' did the job, thanks! So, i got the year change, the cyberface pack from homer, some new jerseys, and the espn overlay. Now what? is there anyway to add player IDs or portraits to the MVP 2005 game? Also, do any of the overlays change the looks of the menu and stuff? Or do any downloads allow you to change the look of the menus and stats and stuff?

You'll never know.

Archived