- Submitted: Aug 04 2010 06:42 PM
- Last Updated: Oct 05 2010 06:46 PM
- File Size: 495.76MB
- Views: 6181
- Downloads: 420
Download Total Classics 19743 Votes
The second milestone came on September 10, when the St. Louis Cardinals' Lou Brock stole his 105th base off pitcher Dick Ruthven and catcher Bob Boone of the Philadelphia Phillies. This broke the single-season stolen base record of 104, set by Maury Wills in 1962. Brock would go on to steal 118 bases, a record that would stand until 1982, when Rickey Henderson swiped 130.
The 1974 World Series matched the two-time defending champion Oakland Athletics against the Los Angeles Dodgers with the A’s winning the Series in five games.
Rollie Fingers figured in all four Oakland victories, posting a win and three saves, and was honored as the Series MVP. Oakland became the first team to win three consecutive Series since the New York Yankees won five in a row between 1949 and 1953; the win secured the A's status as one of the truly dominant teams of the 1970s.
The Total Classics 1974 mod brings you the sights and sounds of the 1974 baseball season. Besides rosters, portraits and audios, the mod provides themed menu screens and loading screens, stadium select screens with actual stadium photos, 1974 jukebox music, 1970's batter walkup music, an accurate 1974 schedule, a 1970's era overlay, and correct 1970's era stadiums for every team. Please see the ReadMe file for more details and read the Installation Instructions on how to install the mod.
*** VERSION HISTORY ***
1. Home stadium for Montreal Expos changed to Jarry Park
2. Home stadium for New York Yankees changed to Shea Stadium since they played there in 1974
3. Added new stadium select screens for Jarry Park and Shea Stadium.
4. Added Dennis James' 1970's stadiums (Busch Stadium, Dodger Stadium, Shea Stadium, Veteran's stadium, Riverfront Stadium, Three Rivers Stadium, Astrodome, Baltimore Memorial Stadium, Fulton County Stadium, Cleveland Stadium, Metropolitan Stadium, Milwaukee County Stadium, Comiskey Park, San Diego Stadium, Candlestick Park, Royals Stadium, Tiger Stadium, Wrigley Field, Olympic Dome, Kingdome, Exhibition Stadium)
5. Added correct 1974 Milwaukee Brewers uniforms
6. Added some new faces
7. Fixed Bobby Murcer's jersey number
8. Fixed Dwight Evans face
9. Corrected spelling of Lynyrd Skynyrd in jukebox listing