Zumaya Overall

jerm

I was updating some rosters and I was on the Tigers roster and I noticed that Joel Zumaya's overall was way out of whack. He had accurate ratings but his overall was extremely low. I tried putting up his ratings all the way and that didn't do anything. What's going on?

I was updating some rosters and I was on the Tigers roster and I noticed that Joel Zumaya's overall was way out of whack. He had accurate ratings but his overall was extremely low. I tried putting up his ratings all the way and that didn't do anything. What's going on?

The game uses star potential ratings greatly when it comes to the overall. Try changing that to 4 stars and it'll be more accurate.

I didn't have a lot of luck getting it to work right when I was doing it, but could you guys export your teams (other than the ones messed up), and import them into a back up file. Then maybe all you have to do is fix the ones that were screwed up, and not start from scratch.

I was trying to do that when I first started on my all time roster, but had a lot of troubles with it crashing, so I am not sure how well it'll work, but it's an idea.

EDIT: Hey Dylan, didn't your have the actual pitch rating disappear though? His pitch ratings are still there, just a funked up overall rating.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I see that your pitch ratings were ok now, but your stamina rating was zero. His stamina rating, and pitch ratings were good to go.

I didn't have a lot of luck getting it to work right when I was doing it, but could you guys export your teams (other than the ones messed up), and import them into a back up file. Then maybe all you have to do is fix the ones that were screwed up, and not start from scratch.

I was trying to do that when I first started on my all time roster, but had a lot of troubles with it crashing, so I am not sure how well it'll work, but it's an idea.

EDIT: Hey Dylan, didn't your have the actual pitch rating disappear though? His pitch ratings are still there, just a funked up overall rating.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I see that your pitch ratings were ok now, but your stamina rating was zero. His stamina rating, and pitch ratings were good to go.

Some players are like this, and some are like my example. Some even loose all their pitches, and their stamina.

I use MVPEdit to do all my roster editing and have experienced no problems. However, when I edit my pitchers I only adjust the stamina and control to what the pitching calculator gives me. I never touch the pitch type, movement, velocity or trajectory (unless I know for a fact that kg has something wrong). I believe stamina and control affect a pitcher's performance more than anything by far and I trust kg to know more about the types of pitches a pitcher throws and their velocity and movement more so than I do.

I use MVPEdit to do all my roster editing and have experienced no problems. However, when I edit my pitchers I only adjust the stamina and control to what the pitching calculator gives me. I never touch the pitch type, movement, velocity or trajectory (unless I know for a fact that kg has something wrong). I believe stamina and control affect a pitcher's performance more than anything by far and I trust kg to know more about the types of pitches a pitcher throws and their velocity and movement more so than I do.

I know I didn't edit Zumaya, one day his skills were all diminished. I don't know about Jerm.

How often are you guys updating and exporting? I'm doing my entire roster before exporting anything. I'm just putting everyone in a large spreadsheet database and once I get thru everyone I'll copy it all over to the roster in MVP edit and just do one export. I figure there's less chance of anything getting messed up if I do it that way. Plus, that way, if anything does get messed up I can always look at my spreadsheet and fix it without redoing anything. Might wanna consider this approach...

How often are you guys updating and exporting? I'm doing my entire roster before exporting anything. I'm just putting everyone in a large spreadsheet database and once I get thru everyone I'll copy it all over to the roster in MVP edit and just do one export. I figure there's less chance of anything getting messed up if I do it that way. Plus, that way, if anything does get messed up I can always look at my spreadsheet and fix it without redoing anything. Might wanna consider this approach...

If you mean using Ty's importer/exporter, I've only done it once.

If you mean using the import/export function in MVPEdit, never. I will once I've finished editing the rosters in MVPEdit.

I export my rosters in MVPedit least twice per team. I usually do all of the offense, and defense, and speed ratings, and do an export. Then I go back and do the pitchers, and career stats/season stats, and export again. I have 16 of 30 teams done, and have had no issues...

I also keep a back up copy that I save once per team.

I have never used Ty Wiggins stuff for anything in my current roster set.

I export my rosters in MVPedit least twice per team. I usually do all of the offense, and defense, and speed ratings, and do an export. Then I go back and do the pitchers, and career stats/season stats, and export again. I have 16 of 30 teams done, and have had no issues...

I also keep a back up copy that I save once per team.

Sorry, Emath, are you talking to me or InSainn? 'Cause my problems weren't caused by MVPEdit, but I think by Ty's Importer Exporter

Thanks for the tips anyways...

(And happy birthday man!)

Anyone that wants to read it.

You guys were talking about how many times you export (like it may cause a problem), and I was saying I do it at least twice a team (sometimes more), and have not had an issue yet.

I know it doesn't offer much help, but I threw in my 2 cents to what was being said.

Anyone that wants to read it.

You guys were talking about how many times you export (like it may cause a problem), and I was saying I do it at least twice a team (sometimes more), and have not had an issue yet.

I know it doesn't offer much help, but I threw in my 2 cents to what was being said.

But not importing or exporting through MVPEdit, our problem (Jerm's and my problem) I think is caused by TyWiggin's Roster Importer/Exporter.

We do appreciate your two cents though, and again Happy Birthday Man!

But not importing or exporting through MVPEdit, our problem (Jerm's and my problem) I think is caused by TyWiggin's Roster Importer/Exporter.

We do appreciate your two cents though, and again Happy Birthday Man!

Thank You, first and foremost.

I know what you guys are saying is the issue. I guess my post was more for InSainn than you, but really it was for everyone.

He said he is afraid to export til he is done for fear it would mess it up. You said you have never did it, and won't until you are done. I was just simply saying it has not caused me any issues.

Since I have not seen anything else about anyone else having issues, and you two have the Ty Wiggins thing in common, I get the feeling you guys are right that it is causing the issue.

Hopefully anyone else, new making rosters, sees this before they start modding any rosters, and avoid the importer/exporter...

Thank You, first and foremost.

I know what you guys are saying is the issue. I guess my post was more for InSainn than you, but really it was for everyone.

He said he is afraid to export til he is done for fear it would mess it up. You said you have never did it, and won't until you are done. I was just simply saying it has not caused me any issues.

Since I have not seen anything else about anyone else having issues, and you two have the Ty Wiggins thing in common, I get the feeling you guys are right that it is causing the issue.

Hopefully anyone else, new making rosters, sees this before they start modding any rosters, and avoid the importer/exporter...

Yah, hopefully. WAY too much work went into my rosters. It was working for so long, and then suddenly started to rot. I should, and will, post a link to this in the Importer/Exporter thread.

Thanks for all your advice, whether directed at me or not.

Archived