Zumaya Overall

jerm

Yep, I've never used the importer/exporter you speak of, only MVPEdit...

That's great InSainn. I'm not trying to be rude, but if we could keep this topic on the importer/exporter and/or fixing Jerm's and my problem, and not on what you guys didn't do to not cause the problem, we might actually get to solve it. Try to stay on topic.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix our problem?

What we know:

- Eventually pitcher's ability disappears in entirety (no stamina or pitches), in parts, or just the overall rating appears to be the minimum.

- We've (Jerm and I) have both used tywiggn's .dat exporter importer.

- It seems to start with Zumaya, but eventually spreads to other pitchers

(For me if I fixed Zumaya, for example, another pitcher's ability would diminish)

- THIS PROBLEM WAS NOT CAUSED BY MVPEDIT

That's great InSainn. I'm not trying to be rude, but if we could keep this topic on the importer/exporter and/or fixing Jerm's and my problem, and not on what you guys didn't do to not cause the problem, we might actually get to solve it. Try to stay on topic.

InSainn, I think we have been told.... ;)

Good luck with your issues.

InSainn, I think we have been told.... ;)

Good luck with your issues.

Sorry, was that sarcasm? In all seriousness, it's hard to detect online.

At least I was polite about it.

But it is incredibly frustrating when someone is talking about programs that aren't associated with a problem, and evidence that is so *#*@ obvious but people feel is necessary to report.

Imagine if you came across a problem with my calculator, for example, a left-fielder always given a speed of zero, and I said something like, "well that's odd that it's always a left-fielder, there's got to be something there....", and then suggesting it's not MVPEdit's fault, because it works fine for me.

Pretty annoying eh?

If we could stay on topic and help Jerm and his roster issues, and not talk about the things that won't help him, wouldn't that make this site a better place? (Coombiya)

I thought we were trying to establish whether or not the problem was something to do with the importer/exporter. Sorry if I misunderstood... you may not have meant to be rude but it came across that way. Sorry for trying to help, I'll just let you guys deal with your own issues from here on out...

I thought we were trying to establish whether or not the problem was something to do with the importer/exporter. Sorry if I misunderstood... you may not have meant to be rude but it came across that way. Sorry for trying to help, I'll just let you guys deal with your own issues from here on out...

Hey InSainn, because I can admit my mistakes, I do want to apologize if my comments were perceived as rude. I'm sorry.

We're pretty sure that the problem is due to the .dat importer/exporter. If you have any ideas on trying to fix our broken rosters, and not on how to prevent the rosters from breaking in the future (for we know now not to use the .dat importer/exporter), I (and I assume Jerm as well) would be very appreciative.

Sorry again.

Ok, well now that I understand that we're SURE it's the importer/exporter. The most logical solution to me, although you've likely already tried this but just in case you haven't, would be to export your roster via MVPEdit and save it as a new .mbe file. Fix the ratings for the pitchers who have lost their attributes and then try re-importing with MVPEdit. And personally, I'd say that if the problem persists after doing that then there's an issue elsewhere besides the importer/exporter.

I have tried that, but thanks for the idea.

When I do, I get this error message:

Run-time error 3022

The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index, primary key, or relationship. Change the data in the field or field that contain duplicate data, remove the index, or redefine the index to permit duplicate entries and try again.

This was included in my PM to tywiggins.

I think using the Importer/Exporter has created more problems than solutions, alothough the idea is phenomenal, and a few more updates (if he ever does) will I'm sure will fix them. So I think to fix our problem we should avoid it.

Thanks again InSainn for the help.

I have tried that, but thanks for the idea.

When I do, I get this error message:

This was included in my PM to tywiggins.

I think using the Importer/Exporter has created more problems than solutions, alothough the idea is phenomenal, and a few more updates (if he ever does) will I'm sure will fix them. So I think to fix our problem we should avoid it.

Thanks again InSainn for the help.

Well, judging from that run-time error, if ty can't give ya a solution, I'd say talk to kg as he's the roster expert around here and all. That one's over my head...

yes. but ive never had problems with it.

Jerm and I didn't think we had a problem with it, until we found pitcher's abilities evaporating. No error messages, no crashes, and then the disappearing acts begin. I'd say it took me about six months for the pitcher's abilities to diminish.

I'm sorry to say it, but I think there is a connection.

Archived