Clayton Kershaw

Cavicchi

I put it in my game and it sounds just like it does here, which to me is kind of lousy. :bad:

The reason it sounds disjointed is because I used "shaw" from a first name, haven't seen "shaw" available in a last name yet. Anyway, if anyone wants it, send me a message or reply here and I'll send it to you--I am not going to put it in the download section.

When I create a player in MVP, the announcer(s) automatically pronounces his name 90% of the time. I'll use Clayton Kershaw as an example. I'll type in his name, and voila, the announcer says his name. "Tonight's stater: Clayton Kershaw."

Some players with more complicated names, like Daisuke Matsuzaka, will not automatically be created.

Is my version of MVP the only one with this feature?

EDIT: I should note, Cavicchi in no way am I trying to belittle your work. It's amazing how you jigsawed together parts of players' names to create other names. I'm just curious about my game's "feature" and if anyone else has it.

When I create a player in MVP, the announcer(s) automatically pronounces his name 90% of the time. I'll use Clayton Kershaw as an example. I'll type in his name, and voila, the announcer says his name. "Tonight's stater: Clayton Kershaw."

Some players with more complicated names, like Daisuke Matsuzaka, will not automatically be created.

Is my version of MVP the only one with this feature?

EDIT: I should note, Cavicchi in no way am I trying to belittle your work. It's amazing how you jigsawed together parts of players' names to create other names. I'm just curious about my game's "feature" and if anyone else has it.

Ya, I tried twice with Kershaw and both times the announcers didn't say anything.

i would scrap it. i think a better one could be done. you guys are giving me an itch to make some audios...

dylan...are you serious that your game announces kershaw? it you could double check, that would be great as his audio isn't anywhere in the game that i can find.

When I was debugging andy's 1998 rosters, I zeroed out everyone's photo/audio ID, and occasionally, the PA could announce such a player anyway. Perhaps it looks for identical names, and uses them when it can, so that if 10 years into a dynasty, the league consists of all fictional players, they'll still be able to be named to some extent.

However, logistically, this could only be done for player names already in the game, so audio modding is still needed to bring new names to the game.

i would scrap it. i think a better one could be done. you guys are giving me an itch to make some audios...

dylan...are you serious that your game announces kershaw? it you could double check, that would be great as his audio isn't anywhere in the game that i can find.

I decided to scrap it in post #2 above, and I agree a better one can be done--so do it. :)

The original MVP Baseball 2005? What is his audio/portrait ID number?

When I finish work today, I'll take a look.

He would be 17 or 18 in the original game.

You're right, he's not in the original game. But if I create him, his name is announced like a player who is.

Archived