The Official MVPSavReader Thread

Trues

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

i searched and couldn't find any matches for my problem. i tred to import the "major league roster" .sav file, but received a "Run-time error '3315': Field 'Vars.Value' cannot be a zero length string" message. has anyone else ran across this problem?

At the risk of reviving a too-old topic (it is pinned...), I'm having this issue with v2.1 - it happens sometime during the read of career pitching stats. Any answers?

• 1 month later...

I just installed savreader 2.1. I got two error messages during installation.

"Could not register the TLB file 'C:\Windows\System32\msado26.tlb'" during the action "TLBRegister: "C:\Windows\System32\msado26.tlb""

and

"An error occurred while registering the file 'C:\Windows\System32\DAO350.DLL'" during the action "DllSelfRegister: "C:\Windows\System32\DAO350.DLL"".

I chose the "ignore" option for both errors, and the installation claimed to be successful. I am able to import my roster and my 08 dynasty (I've tried the save from before playing the first game, and a save from after simulating opening day for all teams). I have set the path for all the save files, including creating folders that were missing like "Players" and "Rosters".

I can select all of the checkbox options and click the buttons (Create League Pages, Create Team Pages, Create Player Pages, or Create All Player Pages in League). Sometimes I receive error messages. The Run-time error 3315 error mentioned above is one of them. If I try to Create Team Pages for all teams, I end up with the error "Run-time error '75': Path/File access error". Other times, I'm told that the page creation is "finished!", but no pages exist in my output folders (I'm choosing local output).

Could the installation errors be causing my problem? If so, any idea how I would correct them? And why do I have teams called "Burnaby Argonauts" and "Burnaby Chimaera" listed among my MLB teams?

Also, what I'm really looking for is a tool that will allow me to dump stats and attributes to an Excel spreadsheet rather than an HTML file. Has anyone developed such a thing? I'm particularly interested in having an easy way to output player info combined with at least some of the info from the Edit Player pages (like star potential, movement, control, and speed of pitches); and of course salary info for players from all teams. I would also like to be able to get a player's stats from each level of play during the season. One of the problems with tracking player stats in MVP is that I can't see the MLB stats of a player who got demoted to AAA at the end of the year, and the Career Stats page only shows a small sample of the actual career stats. That boggles my mind, especially at the non-MLB levels where I know they have to track all the stats, but they just aren't displaying them (for example, TB is necessary in order to calculate SLG, but only one of those stats is displayed, and it's on the Player Info page rather than the Batting Stats page. Bizarre.).

Archived