The Official MVPSavReader Thread

Trues

Hey bob44, I ran into a similar problem (see below):

Untitled-2copy.jpg

As you can see, Reggie Abercrombie and Eric Reed are the ones affecting under "batting" but my pitchers are royally screwed. Only two pitchers are recorded and those are not the correct stats.

bob44, did you happen to send anyone down and call anyone up? I send Reggie down and brought Reed up... then this stat mishap occurred... maybe that is the problem?

Hope someone has a solution to this little problem...

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As you can see, Reggie Abercrombie and Eric Reed are the ones affecting under "batting" but my pitchers are royally screwed. Only two pitchers are recorded and those are not the correct stats.

bob44, did you happen to send anyone down and call anyone up? I send Reggie down and brought Reed up... then this stat mishap occurred... maybe that is the problem?

Hope someone has a solution to this little problem...

Yes thats exactly the problem. If the player was at one time or currently on a minor league team, a bunch of stats dont show up. I would figure everyone that uses mvp sav reader has players that they send down or call up from the minors. So someone should know how to get all the stats?

What about the path not found thingy? - Do you know what I am doing wrong there?

Go to the file menu and select Setup Directories. Then change the directories to match the structure and drive letters where you have MVP SavReader installed. For example, if you have MVPSavReader installed in C:Program FilesMVPSavReader, that is what you would enter under Root. If you want the team pages to be in the Rosters directory, you would enter (or use the browse button to select) C:Program FilesMVPSavReaderRosters

That should fix the problem with the error. It basically means that one of the directories that you have set does not exist.

• 2 weeks later...

Forgive me if this has already been answered... but,

I'm using UR 8.something, (one of the ones that wouldnt even load in the previous savreader version) and when I load the stats for my team (Oakland), the batting stats won't load - only pitching and fielding stats.

I tried loading stats for another team, Philadelphia, and again - only pitching and fielding stats would load.

Everything else on my team pages seems fine (roster, salaries, etc) except on the main page, with the short stat leaders area, the only ones it shows are Milton Bradley's .318 average and Joe Blanton's 1 shutout. The rest of the fields are blank.

On the MLB league leaders page, it only shows the average leaders for both leagues, and the rest of the fields are blank as well.

Im wondering if there's anything to fix this? If you need to know any other info let me know.

This has also happened to me after I switched the season year to 2005 to 2007 to separate my stats from the stats the player produced in 2005 in real life.

It is possible to edit the year in the stats to 2007 in mvpedit, but I don't know if there is a way to do a "global edit" for the player stats and fix them. I may just have to go through the stats player by player and edit the stats. :x

One question: There is some working being done on mvpsavreader to link to boxscores from box score extractor?

One suggestion for you, RichK. Can you make the scores for each completed game, link to the boxscores htm files that my BSEexpress program creates?

I can add that as an option in the next release, Ty.

I was going to un-install something and I looked into my Add/Remove window and I saw that the SavReader program is taking up 23 GB worth of space - and there are two installs of it! Wanted to know if anyone else has encountered anything like this before.

If this is not normal, could someone provide me with some information? I am guessing that I would have to re-install the program. Thanks anyone for the help.

MVPSavReader.jpg

I was going to un-install something and I looked into my Add/Remove window and I saw that the SavReader program is taking up 23 GB worth of space - and there are two installs of it! Wanted to know if anyone else has encountered anything like this before.

If this is not normal, could someone provide me with some information? I am guessing that I would have to re-install the program. Thanks anyone for the help.

MVPSavReader.jpg

redsox - It probably is just a glitch - look in your program files folder and check the properties for it (Right click where on your MVP SavReader and click Properties).

Side note - What is Total MLB 1.10? And a cricket program? ... Wait - TWO CRICKET PROGRAMS? - Are they fun?

redsox - It probably is just a glitch - look in your program files folder and check the properties for it (Right click where on your MVP SavReader and click Properties).

Side note - What is Total MLB 1.10? And a cricket program? ... Wait - TWO CRICKET PROGRAMS? - Are they fun?

To be honest with you I am not really sure. It could either be the Total Uniforms pack by KC or could be the 06 MOD (ILF). Not really sure.

But yeah, the cricket games are a whole lot of fun. The graphics are unbelievable. I love watching and playing cricket and I play that as much as I play baseball. Really very entertaining.

BTW, I think the problem is some sort of a glitch. The file size doesn't seem to be that big for the program but for some reason it shows up like that. I think I will probably try un-installing and re-installing again. Thanks for the help.

To be honest with you I am not really sure. It could either be the Total Uniforms pack by KC or could be the 06 MOD (ILF). Not really sure.

But yeah, the cricket games are a whole lot of fun. The graphics are unbelievable. I love watching and playing cricket and I play that as much as I play baseball. Really very entertaining.

Side note again but, are those cricket games freeware/shareware?

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if anyone mentioned this, but Team Stats do not show as seen in a newspaper with teams highest batting average listed first and followed in order--under Batting, and the same is true for Pitching and Fielding. The listings should be in order of teams performance.

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't change my dynasty year to 2007 before I started, so all of my stats are off in the mvp sav reader b/c 2005 has already been played. So what file do I need to delete to get rid of all previous stats that are stored in the .sav reader?

Total MLB is the unis.

• 3 weeks later...

I did get the run-time error '9':Overflow problem too and I updated the SavReader to version 2.1.0. But I found one solution. When runing the program, I should change my language and non-unicode to English and reboot my computer. Then it can work on my computer. But it is not convenient to use for me. I don't know why SavReader cannot work in my Chinese Trandional Language and non-unicode computer. MVPedit and BoxscoreExtractor are run successfully. Does anyone explain why?? I really hope it can work without rebooting. Thanks a lot.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived