The Official MVPSavReader Thread

Trues

Im sorry if this has been answered before, but I have conducted several searches and have been going page to page in this thread to find where I can download the MVPSavReader file with no luck. Would someone mind directing me where I can locate it? Thanks alot!

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything is working fine (or so it appears). But, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to post it as a webpage.

I've changed the setup directories for "server output" from the geocities site to the site I'm trying to use. Then I uploaded the files to the site I'm using...but when you click a link it still tries to access geocities.

Are there other steps I should be taking? Is there something subtle that I'm missing?

Did you save your settings (for the directories)? And did you create new pages with those settings?

Yes sir.

I think I might have figured it out though...a few pages are working now. It might be because I didn't restart SavReader after I made the changes. I've got some running around to do, so I'll have to try to upload the new pages later.

Thanks for replying :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After a long hiatus, I've pulled the SavReader code out and am making updates. I'll make it compatible with any non-working rosters and try to add a few things that are missing. More to come over the next few days/weeks...

I am surprised that with all these people having problems with savreader,

the 07 mod rosters both worked for me in savreader. Though I have had

problems in the past with certain rosters, I wonder if anyone would be

willing to update the savreader? Or re-haul it, with permission obviously.

I am surprised that with all these people having problems with savreader,

the 07 mod rosters both worked for me in savreader. Though I have had

problems in the past with certain rosters, I wonder if anyone would be

willing to update the savreader? Or re-haul it, with permission obviously.

Read the post right above yours. RichK is back! I don't doubt that he can get it working again!

RichK, thank you! I think this is easily one of my favorite mods for MVP.

After a long hiatus, I've pulled the SavReader code out and am making updates. I'll make it compatible with any non-working rosters and try to add a few things that are missing. More to come over the next few days/weeks...

Praise the lord, I'll actually get to use this mod! :)

:stickman:

To help me make the SavReader as compatible as possible, I'm asking for anyone who is getting errors when using it to send me their sav file (preferably in a zip file) and a description of the type of file it is (PC/PS2/XBox) along with a brief description of the error message and the version of the sav reader you are using.

If you know the point in the import where it stops, that would help too (Loading MLB schedules, loading pitcher stats, etc).

Send them to me at RichK1973 at yahoo.com and I'll get the bugs worked out.

Any new feature requests can be posted here as well.

- Rich

Guys - let's be sure to donate to RichK for all he's done and to encourage future enhancements

Ty and Rich - any chance of you guys working together to make one kick *** utility that incorporates the best features of your utilities. I gave Ty a pretty nice donation last month to try to consolidate his utilities - I haven't really followed up on it much. i'd be willing to give Rich some $$ as well - as I'm sure everyone else would.

Could you imagine one program that does box scores, mvp sav reader, mvp edit, etc???

Anyone else willing to donate towards this?

Just a FYI but one of the "bugs" in MVPSavReader has nothing to do with the program, but with the 07 mod & MS Windows.

The Connecticut Defenders were given the abbreviation "CON" in the 07 mod which also happens to be a protected name in Windows and cannot be used as a filename e.g "CON.htm"

The team will be given "CD" as an abbreviation in a future MVP 07 patch to resolve this issue.

Guys - let's be sure to donate to RichK for all he's done and to encourage future enhancements

Ty and Rich - any chance of you guys working together to make one kick **** utility that incorporates the best features of your utilities. I gave Ty a pretty nice donation last month to try to consolidate his utilities - I haven't really followed up on it much. i'd be willing to give Rich some $$ as well - as I'm sure everyone else would.

Could you imagine one program that does box scores, mvp sav reader, mvp edit, etc???

Anyone else willing to donate towards this?

I don't think it's necessary to combine the programs. It would be a lot of work, and very little gained. If RichK wants, he can easily have a button or something in MVPSavReader that starts the Box Score Extractor. Though even that isn't really needed because now you can run BSEexpress without even minimizing the game.

One suggestion for you, RichK. Can you make the scores for each completed game, link to the boxscores htm files that my BSEexpress program creates?

I can add that as an option in the next release, Ty.

Just an update for everyone else: I have two sav files with errors and am looking at them now. I may have something tonight or tomorrow based on how tough the error is to find. At first glance, it looks like in the first one (from TwentySeven using a modded latest U.R.) the number of team rosters in the sav doesn't match the number of teams in the team offsets section, if that helps anyone. There seems to be one roster short. I'll update more once I figure out which one it is.

- Rich

Just an update for everyone else: I have two sav files with errors and am looking at them now. I may have something tonight or tomorrow based on how tough the error is to find. At first glance, it looks like in the first one (from TwentySeven using a modded latest U.R.) the number of team rosters in the sav doesn't match the number of teams in the team offsets section, if that helps anyone. There seems to be one roster short. I'll update more once I figure out which one it is.

- Rich

It's probably the free agent list, since there are two "teams" for Free Agents and if all the FAs are deleted in MVPedit and added back in it may not put anyone on the second "team"

I can add that as an option in the next release, Ty.

Here are some details. For the player links in the boxscore .htm files to work, it is suggested that the boxscore extractor be installed in a boxscores folder inside MVPSavReader's folder. So, if MVPSavReader is installed at:

c:Program FilesMVPSavReader , the boxscore extractor should be installed at:

c:Program FilesMVPSavReaderboxscores

For the Chicago Cubs first game in the 2007 regular season, the boxscore file name would be:

c:Program FilesMVPSavReaderboxscores2007CHCCHC1.htm

Their first spring training game in 2007 would be:

c:Program FilesMVPSavReaderboxscores2007CHCs-CHC1.htm

If they made the playoffs in 2007, their first playoff game would be:

c:Program FilesMVPSavReaderboxscores2007CHCp-CHC1.htm

Let me know if you have any questions.

Here are some details. For the player links in the boxscore .htm files to work, it is suggested that the boxscore extractor be installed in a boxscores folder inside MVPSavReader's folder. So, if MVPSavReader is installed at:

c:Program FilesMVPSavReader , the boxscore extractor should be installed at:

c:Program FilesMVPSavReaderboxscores

For the Chicago Cubs first game in the 2007 regular season, the boxscore file name would be:

c:Program FilesMVPSavReaderboxscores2007CHCCHC1.htm

Their first spring training game in 2007 would be:

c:Program FilesMVPSavReaderboxscores2007CHCs-CHC1.htm

If they made the playoffs in 2007, their first playoff game would be:

c:Program FilesMVPSavReaderboxscores2007CHCp-CHC1.htm

Let me know if you have any questions.

I'll have to figure out which game number I'm dealing with to match your box score files, so that'll take a little time.

Oh yeah, MVPSavReader version 2.0.0 is now out in the downloads section of the site. It is an update, so you'll need a previous version installed and just replace the .exe with the new one.

Let me know if anyone is still having issues with loading sav files and the new version.

- Rich

I'll have to figure out which game number I'm dealing with to match your box score files, so that'll take a little time.

Oh yeah, MVPSavReader version 2.0.0 is now out in the downloads section of the site. It is an update, so you'll need a previous version installed and just replace the .exe with the new one.

Let me know if anyone is still having issues with loading sav files and the new version.

- Rich

2.0 works fine with the sav file I sent you RichK! Thanks a ton!

So this contains no logos and photos, right? We have to compile those separately? Is there any pack that contains these logos and/or photos or is everyone borrowing from ESPN for their personal use?

Archived