The Official MVPSavReader Thread

Trues

I can get the reader to work with the udated schedule (06), but I always get a run-time error '6' ovrflow, if I use UR 7.0 rosters. It has somethng to do with those rosters. I cannot seem to figure it out. I've replaced the manager dat file just to see if that helps, but it's the same thing. runtime 6 overflow,,,,other rosters work fine

Yes i think so too, it works on my other dynasties that are upgraded to 06 but they use UR 6.5 and not on my dynasty w/ UR 7

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it'd be awesome if RichK could upgrade it, and integrate it with the box score mod, where you could click on the players names, and have it bring you to their career stats.

No need, just create a folder in your MVPSavReader folder and put all of your boxscore extractor files in there.

Do like krawhitham said on the 7th post on this page:

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Foru...r=asc&start=255

Yes i think so too, it works on my other dynasties that are upgraded to 06 but they use UR 6.5 and not on my dynasty w/ UR 7

Someone on the UR thread said that some of the manager ID's were wrong in the .mbe version, but not in the .dat files. Someone should try that to see if it works.

No need, just create a folder in your MVPSavReader folder and put all of your boxscore extractor files in there.

Do like krawhitham said on the 7th post on this page:

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Foru...r=asc&start=255

Someone on the UR thread said that some of the manager ID's were wrong in the .mbe version, but not in the .dat files. Someone should try that to see if it works.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I tried it both ways, and couldn't get it to work either way. I do believe that there is something wrong with the manager's ID's, but I have no idea what. I am going to try to compare them to manager ID's on rosters that I know work.

Can someone please help me with this? Sorry for the trouble.

My pitchers' pages are displaying properly as shown below but my batters' pages are not showing up properly. For example the Boston Red Sox team name is in that particular color and is the size of a heading (for the pitcher website). But for the batter website, its not showing up like that. The links on top for the batter's website are also messed up. Also what file do I modify to change the background color and the letter colors.

Any help regarding this would be very much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

pitcher7ef.jpg

batter1pl.jpg

You probably need to temporarily allow pop ups when you are using sav reader. Look for a bar just under your tool bars up at the top if you are using Norton, and allow the blocked content. It's probably something like that

You probably need to temporarily allow pop ups when you are using sav reader. Look for a bar just under your tool bars up at the top if you are using Norton, and allow the blocked content. It's probably something like that

Thank you very much. Its working now. I was just kinda surprised cause the pitcher's website worked but not batters'. But anyway, they are both working now. Thanks.

Thank you very much. Its working now. I was just kinda surprised cause the pitcher's website worked but not batters'. But anyway, they are both working now. Thanks.

I'm glad it works -- thatvry same thing happened to me, and I kind of lucked into finding out what caused it. I guess you have Norton, huh? Now, if someone could tell me how to get rid of the run time error 6 overflow I'd be thrilled!

The error 6 overflow is a really weird error. I don't see why upgrading from '05 to '06 would make it stop working, unless a lot of the .exe was changed, or the way the game saves the stats were changed. It shouldn't be too hard for someone who made the '06 version to go through and see what could have changed.

By 06 do you mean the MVP 06 mod? If so, then thats not whats causing the runtime problem. Cause I have upgraded mine the MVP 06 mod and the save reader is working fine (I am using UR6.5 rosters).

Now if you upgrade your roster from UR6.5 to UR7.0, thats were the problem is. The savReader gives an error message and it doesn't work.

yep, I'm using the 7.0 roster. And THAT is where the problem indeed is. What the problem is, specifically, I'm not sure, although it seems to have something to do with the manager, because it alwayshangs up at the point where it says offsetting managers.

I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm looking into the run time error 6 overflow error.

Here's what I've found so far. I'm sure that the following files are not causing the error:

team.dat

tstat.dat

org.dat

manager.dat

hist.dat

Also. I noticed that attrib.dat has 3201 players, but bstats.dat has 3200 players. This might be the source of the problem. I'm going to check the number of players in the other files first.

Edit: Shane Reynolds is the extra player and doesn't appear to be causing the problem. (I deleted him, and still get the error)

Hey all...I did my kind of debugging (not really good at it but figured I would still give it a try). Ofcourse this didn't work but I will list the steps anyway, maybe someone might be able to figure out something else out of this.

1.Use TyWiggins Importer/Exporter to extract the .dat files into a foler.

2.Open up the UR6.5.rar and extract just the manager.dat file into the same folder that I exported the .dat files to. I was hoping this doesn't cause any errors in the game and it doesn't.

3.Just used the importer option to import the .dat files.

I still get the error. So I think this means that the error is not just in the manager.dat file. UR6.5 works great with SavReader. This is the reason why I thought maybe copying and pasting the manager.dat file might fix the problem.

I might have just made myself look like a complete idiot with the above steps but I just wanted to give it a shot and try and help.

Ok, I just screwed up bad with this. My basic question is how do I recover a dynasty once I already put it in MVPSavReader? Like I saved my dynasty, then I imported it by clicking and draging it into the "import .sav file". But now its not in my game. When I go to load my dynasty, it isn't thier. Anyone know how to help?

Sorry about that post, I dont think I clearly said what happened. Basically I moved my dynasty .sav into MVPSavReader, and now its not in the game.(MVP 05) The thing is I still have the .Sav file, I just dont know where to put it so I can still play my dynasty. Sorry to the people who might think this is spamming, but I didnt know if you guys even knew what I was talkin about. Sorry once again.

Sorry about that post, I dont think I clearly said what happened. Basically I moved my dynasty .sav into MVPSavReader, and now its not in the game.(MVP 05) The thing is I still have the .Sav file, I just dont know where to put it so I can still play my dynasty. Sorry to the people who might think this is spamming, but I didnt know if you guys even knew what I was talkin about. Sorry once again.

The sav files go in the My DocumentsMVP Baseball 2005 folder

There is no reason to move your save file to the mvpsavreader folder.

There is no reason to move your save file to the mvpsavreader folder.

Ya I know, but I did, so can you give me some instructions so I can play my dynasty? Like where to put the files. Actually I just need to know where I put the "Dyna1_Dynasty" .SAV File, so I can contiue playing my dynasty.

ok guys. i get a error when trying to use the program. When i try to create a standing page i get this error.

Run-time error 6 Overflow

and also when i trying to create team pages i get the same error. what is happening. everything esle work just fine. the error happen when it get to the chicago white sox.

Now im geting the Run-time error 6 overflow, but I have finshed all of the days games...Any Ideas?

Archived