The Official MVPSavReader Thread

Trues

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just reposting because no one's replied yet i think. everything is still on the default settings, i click to import sav file (pc/dynasty) and i get a runtime error '3163' message. i've tried reading through the pages and i can't figure this out. i'm sure i'm messing this up or missing something. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance and sorry if any of this has been answered already.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After starting my 2006 Dynasty and compiling stats for the new season, I've noticed that the SavReader will only 'add' to last year's totals. Unless there is someone new to this year's roster.

Example:

Through April 12, 2006

Eric Chavez - 2005 - 162 games/27 hr/106 rbi

Eric Chavez - 2006 - 169 games/30 hr/112 rbi

Frank Thomas - 2006 - 7 games/2 hr/5 rbi

Although the SavReader doesn't actually read the 200(6), it still produces the line for it, reading 2005. I can live with that, but it is only adding stats to last year's existing players.

Is there a fix for this?

I get the same runtime error 6 as well every time I try and import my dynast.sav. I've tried re-installing the savreader and made sure my teams games were all completed, as suggested in this thread, but still no luck. What exactly is the file/report date? Is the actual date of the dynasty save file or the date that is played to in the game?

Thanks,

Pat

Hey everyone! Long time no post, I know, but life is busy.

I'm glad everyone is still using the SavReader and I will shortly start (slowly) working on the program again. I'll try to iron out the remaining bugs ans see if I can get it to integrate with the '06 Mods seamlessly.

I need some time to get my development environment back up and I'll clean up the old messageboard for quick support issues. I'd say I should be ready to start coding again within two weeks tops.

Thanks again for your continuing support!

- Rich

Hey everyone! Long time no post, I know, but life is busy.

I'm glad everyone is still using the SavReader and I will shortly start (slowly) working on the program again. I'll try to iron out the remaining bugs ans see if I can get it to integrate with the '06 Mods seamlessly.

I need some time to get my development environment back up and I'll clean up the old messageboard for quick support issues. I'd say I should be ready to start coding again within two weeks tops.

Thanks again for your continuing support!

- Rich

So glad to hear you are working on SavReader again - it is such a big part of my (and many many others) MVP experience , I honestly can not imagine the game without it. So, welcome back Rich and thank you again for your amazing mod!

Yep. It does't work right now because the program see 2005 as opposed to 2006.

For example, Derrek Lee had about 45 homers last year and currently has 3 in my dynasty after 14 games. The save reader says Lee has 48 homers after the 14 games.

Stuff like that is what Rich will probably look into.

It's great to hear from you Rich. Hope everything is good. Glad to hear you will try to update the program for the 2006 season. Have been looking forward to using it again this year.

• 4 weeks later...

How can I use the SavReader to display my rosters, lineups, and stats on these forums in a dynasty? I see other people doing it and they have their lineups saved as pictures. How can I do that?

Simple. Just take a screenshot and crop it.

RichK--any updates for SavReader coming soon? I agree with brewdog, this has been my most used MVP utility, and would love to see the enhancements and bug fixes you are in the process of completing. Please let us know how you are progressing. Thanks

When I try to get my teams statistics it gives me the current statistics for guys on my team (Indians) and it also gives me a bunch of asterik'd players like Coco Crisp and there full 2005 stats? How can I get only my current roster and not those other players?

Archived