The Official MVPSavReader Thread

Trues

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what is this tool used for? editing saved games when you've already started your dynasty?

You wish! :D

No, as the name suggests it's a program that can read dynasty or owner mode files and extract all the stats into html files. So basically, it helps you create an espn-like homepage of your saved game(s).

Check out mine and you'll see what it looks like...

Can't delete my post so please ignore this: "what is this tool used for? editing saved games when you've already started your dynasty?"

AOL needs to sell the dang team for us to win. Plain and Simple.

Rich - excellent work. Much improved from the first version, and that was still pretty good. Thanks for all your hard work on this.

If I could afford it, I'd send some bucks your way, but unfortunately, I can't. Put it on my tab. ;)

Thanks again.

i ran into and error using 1.8.5.

while doing create all player Pages in League when it goes to Cy Young i got the error

Run-Time error '9': Subscript Out of Range.

Send me your .sav file and I'll check it out. This is a new one! :)

mvpsavreader@yahoo.com

i'm still seeing no link for emails/transactions...should it be on the MLB page or each roster page??

and one thing i noticed: http://www.alitdom.com/MVP/dynasty2/Rosters/BOS.html

david wells leading team in era at 5.02 but on his player page it's 4.91. have no idea where the 5.02 is coming from...

I haven't written the output for emails/transactions yet (I do have the import for them working though), so look for that in a future release.

I fixed the formula for ERA, so it looks like I broke it somewher else or missed something. I'll look into it.

Hi RichK,

I hope you're not forgetting us XboX owners, for owner mode :p

Is that planned for a future releast (5th or 6th) ?

Thanks.

I just need a few more Xbox owner files to test with and I'll enable that in the next version. It looks pretty stable right now, so look for it soon. Send me some files at the above address if you want to help get it more stable.

Looking great Rich,

I imported my 2006 season (Owner Mode) and everything seems to be working fine. No errors to report from here :)

On a side note, has anyone made any progress on the portraits? I know it's a daunting task, buy maybe we should all sign up for a team or two and get it done that way rather than relying on one poor soul to get the whole thing done.

I'd be willing to take the Marlins.

has anyone made any progress on the portraits? I know it's a daunting task, buy maybe we should all sign up for a team or two and get it done that way rather than relying on one poor soul to get the whole thing done.

I'd be willing to take the Marlins.

I completed all the players in my league that I could find. I forget exactly which roster set I am using, but it should have most of the MLB players in it. I just have some of the hero's left to add.

There are a total of 930 photos. Once I'm done with the hero's, I'll upload it here if it's ok with Trues. Until then, feel free to grab from the link below. And if you notice anyone missing, please let me know and I'll add them :)

Photo pack for mvpreader

It's about 7mb's. Extract into your MVPSavReaderPlayerPics directory.

I completed all the players in my league that I could find. I forget exactly which roster set I am using, but it should have most of the MLB players in it. I just have some of the hero's left to add.

There are a total of 930 photos. Once I'm done with the hero's, I'll upload it here if it's ok with Trues. Until then, feel free to grab from the link below. And if you notice anyone missing, please let me know and I'll add them :)

Photo pack for mvpreader

That's great, thanks. I'll d/l them tonight.

Photo pack for mvpreader

thank you ..thank you... thank you

i just installed the latest version of mvpreader (v1.8.5.). importing and exporting files really works fine. i just have some problems with the design and also sortables don´t work!

anyone knows what i could do about it?

My problem here is the fact that I get a run-time error of 380 whenever it gets to the "reading email" section. I'm using the XBOX dat file, and I've tried renaming it to Dynasty, but then when I load MVPSavReader, it says that it can't find the Dynasty file. If anyone can help me out, I'd really appreciate it.

-CBK

This is my first time using MVPSavReader and I seem to have misunderstod something along the way cos' I get a nasty Run-time error and the program crashes when using "Create League Pages" and "Create Team Pages". "Create Player Pages" seem to work fine, just need to find the logo's somewhere.

Run-time error shown below.

bugger.jpg

I hope someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong. Been going through the readme file again and again, but I can't seem to find anything to help me with my problem.

Archived