The Official MVPSavReader Thread

Trues

Hey guys.. I was trying to install this and I think I got the first part ( the MVPSavRe.ini. )

But I dunt get the import stuff... I don't see any "testpcd.sav" in my savreader folder.. Help? Or am I not getting how this works? Thanks

In the new versions you don't have to edit the .ini file...just run the program and click on "File" in the upper left corner and change the directories to match yours...

For example, mine is installed on my F: drive so my directories look like this:

StyleSheets - F:Program FilesMVPSavReader

Players - F:Program FilesMVPSavReaderPlayers

Player Pics - F:Program FilesMVPSavReaderPlayerPics

Rosters - F:Program FilesMVPSavReaderRosters

Root - F:Program FilesMVPSavReader

Images - F:Program FilesMVPSavReaderImages

Logos - F:Program FilesMVPSavReaderLogos

Also in the new versions you don't have to change the testpcd.sav (which was just a placeholder that you would have had to edit to the name of your .sav file). Just set your buttons correctly for PC, PS2, or XBOX and Dynasty, Roster, or Owner Mode, then click on Import .sav file and you will be able to Browse to the location of your .sav file (which should be in My Documents/MVP Baseball 2005/).

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow.. this mod/program is awesome ... Thanks Rich for building this program.

Also, Thanks for clearing that up...

One more question.. is there a way to get a boxscore kind of thing using this program? Thanks.

I've been getting a runtime error #3012

object "tempSQLLG" already exists...I have figured out that this error only happens when I try to create the league leaders page.

Me too on second league leaders update. Please help!

Does anybody knows how to do this for xbox.

Because the xbox has a .dat file, How do you transform it to a .sav file??

Are you looking in the right place? I understood that they are all .sav files (PS2, XBOX, and PC).

Does anybody knows how to do this for xbox.

Because the xbox has a .dat file, How do you transform it to a .sav file??

MVPSavReader uses the .dat file for X-Box (You should see that when you import the file at the browse screen).

The first thing you need to do is to set your directories under the "File" menu in the "Local Output" section. This will tell you (or rather allow you to tell the computer) where to output to. The next thing to do is to select "Local" or "Server" output on the upper right hand side of the screen.

If you choose "Local" then the player pages are created in the /Player folder (C:Program Filesmvpsavreaderplayers by default), and the team pages are in the /Rosters folder (C:Program FilesMVPSavReaderRosters by default). You can then view them by navigating through those folders to the page you want to see. From then on the pages should link to each other if you have set the directories correctly.

If you are going to use the "Server" output you first need to set the proper URL's in the "File" menu under the 'Server Output' section. You'll need to have a host and get the addresses from there...it's important to remember that the program still outputs the information to the same "local" folders as before, and you have to upload them yourself to a host. The only difference is that the links between the pages have the server information, rather than the local directory information...I hope that makes sense.

Server output is cool, because you can view the information from anywhere and you can post links to it etc...the drawbacks are that you need a host (there are free ones, but good ones cost), and uploading (via FTP) takes a long time, especially if you are creating the entire league information...

If you are just going to use the information for yourself at home, then I'd suggest sticking with the local output option.

Archived