The Official MVPSavReader Thread

Trues

Question???... let's say you want to create custom pages for each of your MLB teams... ok you play your game on monday... does the reader auto updates your stats or do you have to import again for the next day? i hope this question makes since... or is this answered in a readme somewhere?

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question???... let's say you want to create custom pages for each of your MLB teams... ok you play your game on monday... does the reader auto updates your stats or do you have to import again for the next day? i hope this question makes since... or is this answered in a readme somewhere?

You have to import them yourself, I import them about every 5 games or so, depending on how much time I have, but the program does not auto update the stats for you.

I want to also mention to you edm that your league leaders page is flawed, the only thing filled in is the batting average leaders, everything else is blank, just an fyi.

Yeah, I noticed that. It happened after exporting with 1.8.0. I posted about it over at the mvpsavreader forum. Not sure if it's an error with the reader or my league file.

Is it just me or is anyone else hanging up at reading historical stats when using version 1.8.0?

The same thing happened to me when installing. I need to look into this further, but you're right, previous versions worked ok. This one is a little wonky thus far.

The same thing happened to me when installing. I need to look into this further, but you're right, previous versions worked ok. This one is a little wonky thus far.

Let me know if you find anything out, Im curious what we could be doing differently from edm, since he atleast has the program downloaded and working correctly, besides the league leaders page. Im not going to bother asking him since I assume it would be pretty tough to describe to someone over the internet what you are doing differently but it does make me wonder.

Let me know if you find anything out, Im curious what we could be doing differently from edm, since he atleast has the program downloaded and working correctly, besides the league leaders page. Im not going to bother asking him since I assume it would be pretty tough to describe to someone over the internet what you are doing differently but it does make me wonder.

Yeah, everything seemed to work ok when I ran the program. Did you uninstall the old version? that's the only thing I can think of that I did, besides installing it and running it.

Besides the league leaders page error. I also noticed the bold stats, which were located under a players photo, are now gone. I'm not sure if it was intentionally removed, or not, though. Also, it looks like historical career stats are missing on all player pages.

Sure did, I uninstalled everything associated with the old version, and deleted the pics, and logos also, after backing them up in a seperate folder first of course, and it still seems to hang up at reading historical stats when trying to import my dyansty. I am totally clueless as to what to do, I cant download the previous version and wait for this one to get some things fixed, but I also cant get this one to import the dynasty either, so for the time being Im without this program I suppose.

I installed the new version and it works fine for me.. aside from occassional errors if the page I'm trying to create is open

When you were importing your dynasty/ owners mode did it breeze right on through the reading historical stats part? I ask because thats the part I am constantly stuck at and Ive already uninstalled and reinstalled the newest version 3 times with no such luck.

just curious as to where you guys are getting the pictures..

I get them from espn.com, go to the players page and right click on the picture and then save it into the folder entitled PlayerPics inside your mvpsavreader directory, it should work from there.

Another error here: Whenever I try to open a dynasty or owner mode file it says "Run-time error '380': Invalid property value". It happens when "Reading email" (which I guess must be RichK's).
same one here

Another error here: Whenever I try to open a dynasty or owner mode file it says "Run-time error '380': Invalid property value". It happens when "Reading email" (which I guess must be RichK's).

Same thing happened here when I was trying to import an owners mode, didnt happen when importing a dynasty, but it did hang up at reading historical stats when importing my dynasty, looks like we will have to wait for another version to be released I would assume. I do find it strange that its been reported as working just fine for some and not at all for others, like myself.

Same thing happened here when I was trying to import an owners mode, didnt happen when importing a dynasty, but it did hang up at reading historical stats when importing my dynasty, looks like we will have to wait for another version to be released I would assume. I do find it strange that its been reported as working just fine for some and not at all for others, like myself.

Yep, that's really strange. But I have faith in RichK that he will fix these issues. 8)

Send me your .sav files guys. I'm stumped at why you're getting these errors, but I'll get right on it. As far as the league leaders on the team pages goes, make sure that you have enough qualified plate appearances for your players to be listed. If you think there is an error there, send me the file you're using and I'll check it out. mvpsavreader@yahoo.com

I have installed version 1.80 and reinstall MVP, use Ultimate Rosters 2.35

and installed portarit and face, create new dynasty with Marlins in Pro mode.

but error remains

Run-time error '13'

Type mismatch.

This error appears in Reading players attributes

8O

Ciao, hai provato a cambiare le impostazioni internazionali (da italiano a inglese US.A.) prima di eseguire SavReader?

Se hai una connessione ADSL e ti piacerebbe provare mvp online contattami con un PM oppure visita www.emlb.net la prima lega MVP online di giocatori europei.

Ciao e aspetto una tua risposta.

Ciao, hai provato a cambiare le impostazioni internazionali (da italiano a inglese US.A.) prima di eseguire SavReader?

Se hai una connessione ADSL e ti piacerebbe provare mvp online contattami con un PM oppure visita www.emlb.net la prima lega MVP online di giocatori europei.

Ciao e aspetto una tua risposta.

Could you please translate this to english, thank you.

Archived