The Official MVPSavReader Thread

Trues

box scores would be the ultimate

Unfortunately I think box scores are impossible since EA does not store that info in the sav file (or any other file for that matter). At least not that I'm aware of..

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YES! I finally figured out what caused the error I got when trying to create a team page! And, as I suspected, it was related to the date. So, in a final attempt before going to bed, I changed my language settings from German (DD/MM/YYYY) to American format (MM/DD/YYYY) and voila! Now everything works fine, at last! :mrgreen:

i hope box scores can be done, but if not, this savreader is a great add-on for people who have too much time on their hands playing their dynasties. Also, it has the great use for people who want to start leagues using MVP, and host the pages on their site. Great work, RichK & co. !

i hope box scores can be done, but if not, this savreader is a great add-on for people who have too much time on their hands playing their dynasties. Also, it has the great use for people who want to start leagues using MVP, and host the pages on their site. Great work, RichK & co. !

the game doesn't store boxscores...only linescores

YES! I finally figured out what caused the error I got when trying to create a team page! And, as I suspected, it was related to the date. So, in a final attempt before going to bed, I changed my language settings from German (DD/MM/YYYY) to American format (MM/DD/YYYY) and voila! Now everything works fine, at last! :mrgreen:

Finally got it working thanks to this post!

Hopefully someone here can help me. When I run try to import my .sav file I see progress on the bottom bar but after a while it just hangs and stops responding. Usually when it gets to Reading Historical stats.

It seems like it imported the file because I am able to create some pages like the standings page, but I cannot create any pages with player names on them (rosters, salaries, etc...) . I get an run-time error "6" Overflow.

I'm pretty sure my .ini is configured correctly. Any other Ideas? I am using version 1.0.5

finally got it (almost) running! :D

congrats to RichK for this awesome tool - it makes a very good game perfect (thats exactly what was missing all the time by EASports) - sortable columns would be top! :wink:

also thanks to JoeRudi26 for the help to get it working...

and to Xiberger for the hint with the date...

the only thing I don't get running :cry: , when I try to create the "MLB Home Page" and the "Leaders" with the Create League Pages button -> I always get run-time error '3012' 'TempSQLLG' already exists

any idea what this means and what I could do about it?!

finally got it (almost) running! :D

congrats to RichK for this awesome tool - it makes a very good game perfect (thats exactly what was missing all the time by EASports) - sortable columns would be top! :wink:

also thanks to JoeRudi26 for the help to get it working...

and to Xiberger for the hint with the date...

the only thing I don't get running :cry: , when I try to create the "MLB Home Page" and the "Leaders" with the Create League Pages button -> I always get run-time error '3012' 'TempSQLLG' already exists

any idea what this means and what I could do about it?!

Are you using the newest version? I believe this was one of the bugs addressed in 1.0.5.. I'm not sure what caused it (creating duplicate pages maybe), but I downloaded the newest version and it was fixed.

BTW, glad I could be of some help earlier. :)

Rich,

I have no idea if this would be possible for a future release or not, so you lay it straight for me.

I was wondering if some kind of "All-Time Stats" could be kept. Like say that Bonds does break Aaron's record in the game...is there any way that that could be kept in a list, and you can see who ranks where (maybe top 10) in major statistical categories.

The only thing I though about is that this might not be possible if the game wipes out the records when a player retires.

Could you let me know? Thanks.

The new version of MVPSavReader will be out on Monday. I've got Owner Mode working for PC, sortable stats, and lots of other little things.

- Rich

woohoo! thanks Rich, cant wait.

ive installed savreader and have tried reading the post to figure out what is goign on.

here is what i've done...ive opened up the .ini file in notepad but i get a whole bunch of code that i cant decipher. i havent changed anything in that file? do i need to? I don't see a readme file helping me (i just downloaded this program today). i copied and pasted my dynasty into the savreader folder (which is in my documents) and i didnt rename it. i run mvpsavereader and when i try to import a team, it gives me an error, can someone give me some MORE insight on what im doing wrong? thanks

the game doesn't store boxscores...only linescores

The game doesn't save them, at least not permanently. Does anyone think it's possible to mod/hack the game to save this info during the game, like even a background running app? Think about it, the game HAS to save something temporarily when it's displaying the Box Score after the game, and then when you click Done and get to the final Pitcher Matchup, you can get to it again there. The game has to store this data either in a temp file or memory (more likely the latter) while it is at that point. Is there anyone who would have the programming knowledge to figure it out, or is it impossible to figure it out without the source code of the game?

Archived