The Official MVPSavReader Thread

Trues

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I've since figured it out. Got all the pics and logos working and with this newly released version, everything works great.

yo jo!!! hows it going? any luck finding those pics of our wonder years in san angelo? ok i'll duck out now.

Hey RAM! Sorry, they've got lost somewhere in the shuffle of about 25 years moving around. I'll deinfately keep looking though, and let ya know if they turn up.

I'll duck outta here too, don't want to throw off the thread.

RAM, you using this program?? What a piece of work! I've managed to pick up some Depth Charts from teams sites, and incorporate them onto some of the pages. Having all kinds of fun with this!

RichK

anyway to make the html viewable offline too without having a web site.

i can view the html offline but the links are dark blue. very hard to read and all the background team pages is white.

if you view people html they did with your program on a web site it looks great.

thanks

Can you post or send me screenshots of how your pages look? The offline versions (local) should be identical to the web site versions, with the exception of where the links point.

I have seen numerous people on here comment that they have gotten photos to show up on their player pages, but nobody said how they did it. Can anyone shed some light on this, Im not a computer expert and apparently after an hour or so I cant figure it out so I have given up any hope of finding this out on my own. I would greatly appreciate it if someone, anyone could help with this.

In order to show player portraits you have to create a folder labeled "PlayerPics". Then you gotta download the portraits you want to show up to that folder and rename them "LastName_FirstName.jpg". That should do the trick...

By the way, I'm still getting "run-time error '3012' - object 'TempSQLSch' already exists". :cry: Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Either I am an idiot or something is wrong here, now before I begin let me state again that I am not very good with these types of things so it is highly conceivable that I am missing one small thing and can fix it easily with someones help. Here are the steps I am using to get the pictures, or attempting to get the pictures into this program..

1. Create a folder within directory called PlayerPics.

2. Right click on picture on ESPN and save to said folder.

3. Load player including clicking on the box to show picture.

4. Fire up page, access player page for that person.

At this point there is a box showing up with a little red x in it and no photo is being shown, I cant imagine that I need to make the folder to put the pictures in, but anything is possible I suppose. Im really beginning to get irritated with this, I cant seem to figure it out no matter what I do and any help would be much appreciated. Apologies if this came off rude, at this point Im ready to scrap the entire program and go back to keeping stats on paper, it may take longer but I dont have to waste 2-3 hours trying to figure out how to work things.

Its all installed in the correct location, its just not showing the picture, its just showing the little red x in the upper left corner of where the picture of the player should be. It almost seems like its trying to put the picture there but there is something else preventing it from showing the picture, kinda like going on to a web site and when a picture is down it shows that little red x in the corner, thats exactly what its showing on my computer for the picture. When I checked the properties its trying to grab the picture from this line, and Im not sure where the extra things came from but maybe you can make some sence of it since I cant...

file://C:/Program%20Files/MVPSavReader/PlayerPics/Cabrera_Orlando, if that makes it any easier for you or anyone else to assist me then thanks in advance.

No clue, I give up, I read earlier about pasting the URL line under the ini file I believe was said and that made no sense, it seems like I am way behind in the curve in terms of computer lingo, most people on here throw terms around that I havent a clue what theyre talking about, so I get confused easily I suppose, it also doesnt help that after spending so much time trying and trying some more that I am just totally fed up. Unless anyone can come up with an easier way to get pictures and logos to work I will just scrap it altogether, no program in the world is worth this much hassle, great job RichK but I just cant sit here and spend hours trying to get something to work while I miss out on actually playing the game that the program is designed for.

You also have to make sure that the path for the folder "PlayerPics" is set right in MVPSavRe.ini

Perhaps you have installed MVPSavReader on a driver other than c:

You renamed the picture to Cabrera_Orlando.jpg when you saved it in the folder from ESPN.com, right? You've done everything else correct it seems... as long as you have the PlayerPics folder with the pictures in it at C:Program FilesMVPSavReaderPlayerPics

Post over at my board today if you can't get it and I'll try to help you through PMs.

http://mvpsavreader.proboards37.com

- Rich

Edit: wrong board address! Fixed!

Thanks Rich, unless I stumble upon something, which is highly unlikely, then I will definently look you up over there and try and see if I cant get this to work. I thought I was doing everything correct but I obviously am either missing something or totally blind to the obvious. Yes I did name the picture like you pointed out, I wish that was the only problem but alas it appears to not be the case. Thanks again, and if anyone else on here has a clue what could be holding me up feel free to post it, I am open to any and all help offered at this point. I want to reiterate again that the program looks outstanding, just trying to attach photos and logos is driving me nuts, thanks again to any who can help.

Thanks Rich, unless I stumble upon something, which is highly unlikely, then I will definently look you up over there and try and see if I cant get this to work. I thought I was doing everything correct but I obviously am either missing something or totally blind to the obvious. Yes I did name the picture like you pointed out, I wish that was the only problem but alas it appears to not be the case. Thanks again, and if anyone else on here has a clue what could be holding me up feel free to post it, I am open to any and all help offered at this point. I want to reiterate again that the program looks outstanding, just trying to attach photos and logos is driving me nuts, thanks again to any who can help.

Make sure the folder is in the correct location ("MVPSavReaderPlayerPics"). Also, photo's have to be in the exact format as shown below. The first letter of each name has to be capitalized. If you make it all lowercase, it wont work.

example.jpg

Well nevermind Rich, I got it running, Im not sure that I did anything different but Im working on no sleep so its possible that I wasnt paying attention to what I was doing in some regards. I will admit that at one point I noticed I was altering the ini line in the readme and not in the configuration file, so I did feel stupid after that. I thank you for your help, and am glad that I can finally enjoy this program to the fullest. I have a question for you or anyone else who might know..

1. I was looking through my control panel earlier and noticed that the reader program was over 8,000 mb which seems extremely high considering the game itself only takes up about 1300 mb, so I guess my question is, what takes so much space on this program out of curiosity? And in case you are wondering I have only downloaded 3 portraits and 1 team logo just to make sure it works. I have only created 1 team page and 3 player pages.

Rich,

First of all, thanks for this awesome program. You rock, man!

However, I'm having some issues with it. :cry: I just can't create a "Home Page" for the league or a team as my computer always pops up an error message (either 3075 or 3077). The error says something about a syntax error. I believe it's got something to do with the date, but I can't figure out what...

Any help will be appreciated.

1. I was looking through my control panel earlier and noticed that the reader program was over 8,000 mb which seems extremely high considering the game itself only takes up about 1300 mb, so I guess my question is, what takes so much space on this program out of curiosity?

The game is actually 1.3 Gb's ;)

newbie here! :oops:

if I try to import the .sav file, I get always run-time error '13' Type mismatch

I think I have the correct directory for the input files, but might be that I have troubles with the local output.

do I have to create new folders for the different outputs (players, rosters, etc.) or should it work automatically?

thanks

looks like a great tool by Rich - would really like to get it running...

newbie here! :oops:

if I try to import the .sav file, I get always run-time error '13' Type mismatch

I think I have the correct directory for the input files, but might be that I have troubles with the local output.

do I have to create new folders for the different outputs (players, rosters, etc.) or should it work automatically?

thanks

looks like a great tool by Rich - would really like to get it running...

First, make sure your Source and Type are correct for what kind of .sav you are trying to import.

Second, make sure all of your games are finished correspondingly to the Date in the dropdown box.

Third, you shouldn't have to make any folders (except PlayersPics and Logos).

As far as importing goes, you have to go into the .ini file and rename your (dynasty) path so that the program finds it.

For example: C:Documents and SettingsHP_OwnerMy DocumentsMVP Baseball 2005athletics2005_Dynasty.sav

Not sure if this is exactly what your problem is, but hopefully it helps. :)

hi again!

importing should be ok, as I renamed it in the MVPSavRe.ini file to

C:Documents and SettingsMy_NameMy DocumentsMVP Baseball 2005pitpir05_Dynasty.sav

but will output work as I have it like this?

[OutputLocal]

StyleSheets=C:ProgrammeGamesEA SPORTSMVPSavReader

Players=C:ProgrammeGamesEA SPORTSMVPSavReaderPlayers

PlayerPics=C:ProgrammeGamesEA SPORTSMVPSavReaderPlayerPics

Rosters=C:ProgrammeGamesEA SPORTSMVPSavReaderRosters

Root=C:ProgrammeGamesEA SPORTSMVPSavReaderHome

Images=C:ProgrammeGamesEA SPORTSMVPSavReaderImages

Logos=C:ProgrammeGamesEA SPORTSMVPSavReaderLogos

for information I installed the MVPSavReader into the C:ProgrammeGamesEA SPORTSMVPSavReader folder

Can you post or send me screenshots of how your pages look? The offline versions (local) should be identical to the web site versions, with the exception of where the links point.

i got it to work well offline now.

i had a bad link for image and stylesheets in the MVPSavRe.ini file.

great program. it looks great.

any chance for it to do box scores?

thanks

Archived