The Official MVPSavReader Thread

Trues

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone explain where this .INI file is I can't get it to work cause if comes out with this Run Time Error '6' Overflow

I don't think the .ini file has anything to do with the Run Time Error 6. If you notice that error probably comes up with it is reading Manager Offsets. Some have said that UR 7.1 rosters don't work with SavReader. I just started a new dynasty with 7.1 PLUS and I'm still getting the RTE 6.

The SavReader is working fine for me. A fresh install might solve the run time error for you. For me personally, UR6.5 worked great with SavReader, but when I installed UR7.0 it stopped working and gave me the run time error (stopping while reading manager offset). I decided to do a fresh install and the SavReader is working fine again.

I had actually listed all the mods that I installed after a fresh install of MVP 05 couple of pages back. The one thing I forgot to mention was that I installed MD's datafile. Maybe if guys try that, that may work. But other than that I have no idea why you guys are getting the error and I am not.

redsox..fresh install of MVP itself or just the SavReader? I tried a fresh install of the savreader last night to no avail.

Wouldn't a fresh install of mvp be pointless? I mean the SavReader is just reading from the .sav file. Since you can do a new install of MVP and keep your saved games it seems like the problem lies in the saved file to begin with..right?

redsox..fresh install of MVP itself or just the SavReader? I tried a fresh install of the savreader last night to no avail.

Wouldn't a fresh install of mvp be pointless? I mean the SavReader is just reading from the .sav file. Since you can do a new install of MVP and keep your saved games it seems like the problem lies in the saved file to begin with..right?

What you said does make sense but to answer your question - I did a complete install of MVP. Maybe a fresh install of MVP 05 along with a new save file could work for you. Try this and this may work for you.

I just thought of something...what if i did a fresh install of mvp and got the SAVREADER to work. Then i use tywiggins import/export to import my current dynasty files into my new dynasty?

haha..do you think that would work? would it give my team the same record they have too?

I just thought of something...what if i did a fresh install of mvp and got the SAVREADER to work. Then i use tywiggins import/export to import my current dynasty files into my new dynasty?

haha..do you think that would work? would it give my team the same record they have too?

Yes and no. I think if you use Tywiggins import/export you will be able to import your players stats and if you had any players on the DL that would be carried over as well.

But, your team record will not be written. So basically you would have the stats of your players but you would still have to play from opening day. So I guess it will not help you since your team record is not carried over.

BTW, If anyone sees anything wrong with what I said above please correct me.

Ok here's what I did...

Opened my current dynasty

Exported dat files

Started new dynasty

Updated date to 2006

Simmed til the date I was on in my previous dynasty

Imported dat files

Saved new dynasty and ran SavReader

For some reason it bypassed the manager offsets error. But now i get the Overflow Error when reading pitcher offsets. This is frustrating phew.

I'm also getting the Run-time Error 6 when importing my SAV file - also when it gets to "reading pitcher offsets".

I've been using the program for the last year or so with no problems. I'm still using the same dynasty, same rosters, etc, but this problem suddenly started happening after I began the 2011 season.

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

I was just wondering if this had happened to anyone else... since we havent been able to figure out the overflow problem

I upgraded to UR 7.3 Plus and started a new dynasty and now MVPSavReader works fine again...

The only error/crash that gets caused is when I try to create a "League Leaders" page... everything else is working great...

i didnt do anything special, just updated the rosters, started the new dynasty, updated the date and year for 2006

The only error/crash that gets caused is when I try to create a "League Leaders" page... everything else is working great...

I am not getting that error. The only error I get with the savreader is when I try to create the pages of every single one of the players. I just tried that out to see what it does and gives me an error. But other than that, no other errors for me.

Ok here's what I did...

Opened my current dynasty

Exported dat files

Started new dynasty

Updated date to 2006

Simmed til the date I was on in my previous dynasty

Imported dat files

Saved new dynasty and ran SavReader

For some reason it bypassed the manager offsets error. But now i get the Overflow Error when reading pitcher offsets. This is frustrating phew.

All you needed was a fresh install of SavReader. I had the same rosters and the same problem.

EDIT: Spoke too soon. After I made roster changes, SavReader didn't work.

• 2 weeks later...

Everytime I try and import my .sav-file, I get this error message. I've read the readme and set the directories to the right folder...

- Run-time error '3021': "Current post missing" -

("Aktuell post saknas" means "Current post missing")

• 4 weeks later...

did anyone ever figure out what the problem was with the overflow error?

Mine seemed to change with every different UR version that came out... now with 7.5 I am getting the same Runtime overflow 6 error as the rest of us was getting...

I even tried the .sav file that Kraw included with the final '06 Mod... and still nothing worked...

I even tried to reinstall SavReader...

has anyone had any success with this/or solutions I havent tried yet?

(sorry for bumping this up... but i was just curious) :twisted:

did anyone ever figure out what the problem was with the overflow error?

Mine seemed to change with every different UR version that came out... now with 7.5 I am getting the same Runtime overflow 6 error as the rest of us was getting...

I even tried the .sav file that Kraw included with the final '06 Mod... and still nothing worked...

I even tried to reinstall SavReader...

has anyone had any success with this/or solutions I havent tried yet?

(sorry for bumping this up... but i was just curious) :twisted:

Saw your post and just tried this. Imported the Dynasty .sav file from the final 06 mod version and everything imported fine. No errors of any kind. What I am using:

Fresh install of MVP 05

Patches 3/5

06 Mod (final)

UR 7.5 standard

this is what i figured out about the overflow problem:

go to control panel

choose the language/region option

make sure the language setting is set to English

and also make sure the adanved setting for non-unicode programs is set to English as well

This solves all the overflow problems for me. Hope this helps all of you

• 2 weeks later...

Everytime I try and import my .sav-file, I get this error message. I've read the readme and set the directories to the right folder...

- Run-time error '3021': "Current post missing" -

("Aktuell post saknas" means "Current post missing")

I've had the same problem it says Error 3021 "No Current Record" Which I'm guesing might be a translation thing because we get the same error #.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Archived