US Cellular Field not updated again!!

joeynach

Man EA is so naieve when it comes to being accurate. I wrote them twice once for MVP 2004 and now for 2005 becuase they have once again overlooked changes to the stadiums design. Its so frustrating to see your home team stadium now 2 years outdated and the game hasn't even been released.

The color sheme is still outdated last year the sox changed all the walls and padding to forest green, and in 2001 they changed the truss structure behind the outfield concourse to black. Furthermore they added brickwork to the supports in the lowerdeck which is of course non existant. The biggest blunder is probably the new roof and new designed upper deck from last year. THe new upper deck is much smaller and shorter, with a new iron work roof. They also overlooked the fan deck in center from 2003, also non existant. Furthermore the sox are upgrading again for 2005 adding green seats not blue, creating a new premium seting area behind home (no more umprires tunnel), and adding a new mini wiffle ball park perched above the left field concourse and seats. All of which are non existant.

This really bothers me, is it just me, or does anyone else feel let down by EA? Here is the link to the screenshot for 2005.

http://sports.ign.com/articles/583/583445p1.html

mvp-stadium-tour-part-2-2005012801192371

mvp-stadium-tour-part-2-2005012801192124

Here is what the stadium really looks like now and what it will look like for 2005!

expressway_750x500.jpg

canopy_750x498.jpg

fundamentals_638x358.jpg

If you expect a wiffle ball court then you will be disappointed. The wall color, roof, and fan section in center, are ridiculous oversights though. I worked as much magic as I could with that stadium last year and had a heck of a time. I am upset that they left out my flag poles in PNC, but to just not update a stadium is sad. Environment in a videogame means a lot to me. I need solod gameplay or I will put down the game like I did last year, but had the environment sucked I wouldn't have picked it up.

this is the screenshot of GABP that EA put out before release of mvp 2004.

greatamericanballpark.jpg

notice the seats in center field, they were not there in the final build. the ads ended up being different as well. the screens of Oakland and Chicago could be old shots. they may not be, but just relax until we see the final build.

anybody know if the hill will actually exist in center field in minute maid park?

I hated the fact that it wasn't there last year? and will the roof close, like the producer said Safeco fields roof will close when it starts to rain?

again, you haven't seen the final version.

These pics are as of 1/26/05. With the release date of 3/1/05 I doubt EA is going to make changes this close to the time of release. They probably have already started manufacturing and preparing for the release in a month. It is just hihgly doubtful they will realize their blunder and make the changes to the game this close to the release of it.

I agree KC, I mean, how am I going to play the game in the 3 days between when the game comes out and when someone mods US Cellular? I mean, I suppose I could learn how to modify the game myself so I could just put the dark walls in, but I really would rather just complain about it.

God, I don't know why I bother spending my money when they can't even add a whiffle ball field in the stands. Now what am I gonna stare at when I should be focusing on hitting the ball?

anybody know if the hill will actually exist in center field in minute maid park?

I hated the fact that it wasn't there last year? and will the roof close, like the producer said Safeco fields roof will close when it starts to rain?

Last I checked the hill was in center field last year; made for many an awkward play by Correy Patterson playing against the 'stros.

I agree KC, I mean, how am I going to play the game in the 3 days between when the game comes out and when someone mods US Cellular? I mean, I suppose I could learn how to modify the game myself so I could just put the dark walls in, but I really would rather just complain about it.

God, I don't know why I bother spending my money when they can't even add a whiffle ball field in the stands. Now what am I gonna stare at when I should be focusing on hitting the ball?

Wow you completly destoyed my point. Wow you should be a politician. Great job. Its not like the games should be realistic in terms of enviornment. When EA claims they are lifelike and updated everything to be the most accurate in the game and really dont we should say nothing right.

Wow you completly destoyed my point. Wow you should be a politician. Great job. Its not like the games should be realistic in terms of enviornment. When EA claims they are lifelike and updated everything to be the most accurate in the game and really dont we should say nothing right.

Well, I'm saying maybe you should go out and take a walk or read a book, because I fear an inordinate amount of your personal happiness is tied in with the particular sprite used by a group of developers.

Really not that big of a deal. As far as I can tell, a field that has the rough dimensions of US Cellular park will be in the game, which theoretically should be what the goal is. Be happy! We have a new baseball game coming out. hurrah.

Archived