Spitoon's bat addon

Yammer

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you unzipping the files into the (data) folder instead of just the (MVPBaseball2004) Folder. It says in the readme file to unzip into the (MVPbaseball@004) folder but it has to be in the (data) folder. Still doesn't work for me though. I mean the install works but no results in game.

I found that his first release works if you just replace the intstaz file. Make sure you back up the original.

When I did this it worked fine. But then I tried to change my players batting stance and the game crashed. I did took out his file, put the original one back in and it still crashed. So I went into safe mode on my pc and got rid of clashing controller drivers and now it works all peachy again.

His v3 has a ball. Oh wow... a ball you barely see sitting in one position.

Hey guys,

In version 3 I didn't include gfxpak (I figured everyone would have it by now), you will need that in the same folder for it to work...

If anyone is continuing to have problems, let me know and I will email you the complete initstaz.big file that you can just put in your /data folder. You just have to be sure that your e-mail service can accept attachments over 1.5MB.

Hey guys,

In version 3 I didn't include gfxpak (I figured everyone would have it by now), you will need that in the same folder for it to work...

If anyone is continuing to have problems, let me know and I will email you the complete initstaz.big file that you can just put in your /data folder. You just have to be sure that your e-mail service can accept attachments over 1.5MB.

uh yeah that still doesnt work. I have gfxpak(since I mod the NHL series) but there is still the bad command or fatal error coming up.

Also which file are the bats under? I'd like to take a shot at making them.

I downloaded the New Bats and Official MLB Baseball - By:spitoon

And it just f*ucked up my game, can't start it!

So can anyone PLEASE send me yours initstaz.big file....

emil_fjellvang@hotmail.com

emil2569 - You can pull the original initstaz.big file off of CD1, in the /data folder.

I guess I am giving people too much credit when it comes to computer knowledge. It's really a fairly simple operation.

Unzip the download into your main MVP2004 folder (the one with the MVP2004.exe file), make sure you have gfxpak.exe in there as well. You must have bat.fsh, ball.fsh, Version3bats.bat, and gfxpak.exe in the main MVP 2004 folder NOT in a folder in the MVP 2004 folder, but just in the MVP 2004 folder. Double click on the batch file and it will do everything for you.

drovebykeptgoing1 - I would bet that you haven't put it in the right folder, you get that error when it can't find the initstaz.big file...One common error I have seen is that people unzip the file into a folder within the main MVP 2004 folder.

I think I will post the entire initstaz.big file just to save some headaches.

Look bud, dont talk to me like I'm a fuckin noob at this. I've been using gfxpak and batch file and addons since NHL 2002. I know what I'm doing. But when your goddamn batch file constantly says "Bad file" or "fatal command" then its not the person using the file, but the person who made the file.

Sorry if I offended you, its difficult to troubleshoot other people's problems when I can't see exactly what is happening.

I've seen a problem with an older version of gfxpak where it doesn't recognize the -u command. I should have included gfxpak in the download I guess. The other common problem is that people unzip the mod into a folder in the main MVP 2004 folder and that will cause problems also.

Obviously I've tested it numerous times and it always worked....I even called a buddy and had him download it and try it and it worked for him...it's hard to forsee everybody's different set ups and predict problems.

Anyways, its all moot now, as I have uploaded the entire initstaz.big file and Trues has posted it. Back up your original, and unzip my modded initstaz.big file and copy and paste it into the /data folder, click "Yes" when asked to overwrite.

emil2569 - You can pull the original initstaz.big file off of CD1, in the /data folder.

I guess I am giving people too much credit when it comes to computer knowledge. It's really a fairly simple operation.

Unzip the download into your main MVP2004 folder (the one with the MVP2004.exe file), make sure you have gfxpak.exe in there as well. You must have bat.fsh, ball.fsh, Version3bats.bat, and gfxpak.exe in the main MVP 2004 folder NOT in a folder in the MVP 2004 folder, but just in the MVP 2004 folder. Double click on the batch file and it will do everything for you.

drovebykeptgoing1 - I would bet that you haven't put it in the right folder, you get that error when it can't find the initstaz.big file...One common error I have seen is that people unzip the file into a folder within the main MVP 2004 folder.

I think I will post the entire initstaz.big file just to save some headaches.

fairly simple yet you have some people that are having problems which has nothing to do with where the files were unzipped. sounds like a gfxpack problem to me. not as simple as you think. a lot of readmes (not saying yours) aren't all that clear. and when you do follow them word for word there are still problems. however the problem here sounds like it could be a gfxpack problem. i had the same errors come up with another mod. i downloaded a new gfxpack and it worked. i may not have even had gfxpack in the folder i unzipped the files so i think that was the problem...not sure though.

fairly simple yet you have some people that are having problems which has nothing to do with where the files were unzipped. sounds like a gfxpack problem to me. not as simple as you think. a lot of readmes (not saying yours) aren't all that clear. and when you do follow them word for word there are still problems. however the problem here sounds like it could be a gfxpack problem. i had the same errors come up with another mod. i downloaded a new gfxpack and it worked. i may not have even had gfxpack in the folder i unzipped the files so i think that was the problem...not sure though.

Yes, I think I have narrowed down most problems to a certain version of gfxpak that doesn't recognize the -u command, as a result the entire batch file fails because it can't excecute the first command.

well I have the latest version of gfxpak and it doesnt use that command. I believe there is a different command to use. I had to use a similar command when installing a new ice sheet in Nhl 2003. I'll check that bat and see if that command will work

well I have the latest version of gfxpak and it doesnt use that command. I believe there is a different command to use. I had to use a similar command when installing a new ice sheet in Nhl 2003. I'll check that bat and see if that command will work

Maybe I'm not using the most recent version??? I'm using the one from MVPmods.com, version 0.59, and it works fine...is there a newer one?? A guy over at BBSC that was having the same problems fixed it by upgrading to Version 0.59 of gfxpak, he had been using 0.41 and it won't recognize the -u command.

My fault for not including the gfxpak in the zip :( :banghead:

The -u command works here....here is the output from it when I run it on my computer:

F:MVP 2004>echo on

F:MVP 2004>gfxpak -u datainitstaz.big

pack file 'datainitstaz.big' opened

3985288 initstay.big

F:MVP 2004>pause

Press any key to continue . . .

F:MVP 2004>mkdir models

F:MVP 2004>mkdir misc

F:MVP 2004>cd models

F:MVP 2004models>mkdir textures

F:MVP 2004models>cd ..

F:MVP 2004>cd misc

F:MVP 2004misc>mkdir textures

F:MVP 2004misc>cd ..

F:MVP 2004>gfxpak -u initstay.big

pack file 'initstay.big' opened

4240 misc/textures/ballshdw.fsh

400 misc/textures/ballsprt.fsh

16528 misc/textures/pcshdw2.fsh

1168 misc/textures/white.fsh

5536 models/ball.o

12640 models/bat.o

4032 models/batshadw.o

687696 models/bgbody.ord

22960 models/bghead.ord

17312 models/brknbat.o

3796 models/collbody.gld

736304 models/hibody.ord

26912 models/hishadow.o

76720 models/lobody.ord

15312 models/lohead.ord

21280 models/loshadow.o

402384 models/mebody.ord

25712 models/mehead.ord

149696 models/textures/ball.fsh

92416 models/textures/basebody.fsh

8448 models/textures/basehead.fsh

1049552 models/textures/bat.fsh

131568 models/textures/cglv.fsh

99040 models/textures/fglv.fsh

364432 models/textures/flesh.fsh

8480 models/textures/helmenvm.fsh

F:MVP 2004>move bat.fsh models/texturesat.fsh

F:MVP 2004>gfxpak -d initstay.big models/textures/bat.fsh

deletes files from packfile 'initstay.big'

total 26, deleted 1

creating header

writing data

packfile 'initstay.big' updated successfully

F:MVP 2004>gfxpak -p initstay.big models/textures/bat.fsh

updating packfile 'initstay.big'

added 'models/textures/bat.fsh'

total 25, replaced 0, added 1

creating header

writing data

F:MVP 2004>move ball.fsh models/texturesall.fsh

F:MVP 2004>gfxpak -d initstay.big models/textures/ball.fsh

deletes files from packfile 'initstay.big'

total 26, deleted 1

creating header

writing data

F:MVP 2004>gfxpak -p initstay.big models/textures/ball.fsh

updating packfile 'initstay.big'

added 'models/textures/ball.fsh'

total 25, replaced 0, added 1

creating header

writing data

F:MVP 2004>gfxpak -p datainitstaz.big initstay.big

updating packfile 'datainitstaz.big'

replaced 'initstay.big'

total 1, replaced 1, added 0

creating header

writing data

packfile 'datainitstaz.big' updated successfully

F:MVP 2004>rd /S /Q models

F:MVP 2004>rd /S /Q misc

F:MVP 2004>del initstay.big

F:MVP 2004>pause

Press any key to continue . . .

Note that have changed the installation location of the game, but that shouldn't matter as the batch doesn't look for a specific location, but rather looks for the /data folder in the folder in which it is excecuted.

Anyways, as I said, it's all kind of moot now as I have uploaded the entire initstaz.big file.

I would like to know where I went wrong though? Any ideas?

Archived