Spitoon's bat addon

Yammer

This is attempt #1 at adding pine tar to the bats.

I chose to add it only to 4 of the 8 for two reasons:

- not everyone uses pine tar

- it doesn't show up very well on dark bats

What do you think? I'm trying to get it to look at little less pixelated...I think I put too much on the red Louisville...don't want to run into a "Pine Tar Incident" ;) Sorry about the quality of the images, don't have a very good host for stuff of that size, I'll run out of bandwidth very quickly at any higher detail level.

PineTar.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just experimenting with a few different texture patterns to get the most natural look....I'll keep trying.

On the red bat, I doubled up on the layers, so I think that one is too dark...I just wanted to see what it looked like.

When the dialog box comes up saying that it can't find the correct file, click on the box and move it out of the way so you can see what file it its getting hung up on. Then find that file on the orginal CD's and copy and paste it into the correct location, then try the patch again. You may have to do this for a couple of files, I did when I installed Patch 2.

When i try to install patch 1 it says i need attrib.dat, but when i copy the attrib.dat file from the cd, nothing happends, it still says i need it!

When i try to install patch 2, it says i need mvp.exe, but when i copy the mvp.exe file from the cd, nothing happends, it still says i need it!

Sorry emil2569, I didn't realize your question was directed at me...I can't see what my bat mod has to do with not being able to install the patch...I haven't heard of anyone else having problems like this...I was able to install the patch, and I had to do as I explained and move the dialog box to see what files it was getting hung up on..for me it was rookies.big as I had installed the player progression mod.

My only answer would be for you to re-install the game and see where that leads you. You don't have to lose everything when you re-install, just make a temporary folder that you can put modded files into...re-install and then copy and paste the modded files over. For example, copy and paste initstaz.big into this new temp folder. Uninstall and reinstall, then copy and paste the initstaz.big back into the proper location. For your saved dynasty, you just have to rename the /MVP Baseball 2004 folder in /My Documents to something else during the uninstall/reinstall. Then delete the new one that is created and rename the old one back to /MVP Baseball 2004...

Archived