Spitoon's bat addon

Yammer

I have figured out why it never worked before.

1- It wasnt the gfxpak

2- It was the code you used in the gfxpak

3- Next time you use the -u code for something you have to put the whole word, example- -unpack data/initstaz

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have figured out why it never worked before.

1- It wasnt the gfxpak

2- It was the code you used in the gfxpak

3- Next time you use the -u code for something you have to put the whole word, example- -unpack data/initstaz

Explain to me then why it works for me with just the -u? See my post above; it is a copy an paste of the output from running the batch file.

no clue bud. No clue. All I know is I added "unpack" and it worked.

Also, how in the hell do you get the bats? You made a few mistakes on some and I wanted to touch them up

You will need to download and install NFSHtool which you can get in the downloads section.

Then, using gfxpak you have to unpack initstaz.big

gfxpak -unpack (says you ;) ) initstaz.big

that will give you initstay.big

now you have to unpack initstay.big, but before you do that you have to create a couple of folders for it to unpack into (it doesn't make them on its own)

Create /models and /misc and then inside each of those create another folder called /textures

then you can unpack initstay.big:

gfxpak -unpack initstay.big

look in models/textures and you will see bat.fsh. If you have installed NFSHtool, you can just doubleclick on the bat.fsh file and it will unpack it into its constituent .bmp's, and a file called index.fsh.

You can then edit the .bmp's.

Now to repack it...once you have edited the bmp's you can double click the index.fsh file and it will repack the .fsh for you.

Then just reverse the process and put bat.fsh back into initstay.big and then put initstay.big back into initstaz.big.

Should be no problem, since

I've been using gfxpak and batch file and addons since NHL 2002. I know what I'm doing.
;)

The repacking process can be a bit tricky, so if you need help, post back here and I will do my best to help you through it.

You could also use EAGraph, I have just started to get the hang of it. It's easier because it is a GUI, rather than all the command line or batch file crap you have to go through for gfxpak.

The only trick is you need to unpack initstaz.big into initstay.big using gfxpak first, and then edit the initstay.big with EAGraph.

***... NHL 2002 didnt require using nshfsh whatever the hell its called. That game allowed direct import with a .png or jpeg file and a batch file to import the image in the .fsh.

.big files are similar. So I'm gonna see if I can directly edit your bats with a better textured look to them and then try the ol method instead of all this packing and unpacking bullshit. Sorry... its late and Tim Horton's is closed. Needs me a coffee!

***... NHL 2002 didnt require using nshfsh whatever the hell its called. That game allowed direct import with a .png or jpeg file and a batch file to import the image in the .fsh.

.big files are similar. So I'm gonna see if I can directly edit your bats with a better textured look to them and then try the ol method instead of all this packing and unpacking bullshit. Sorry... its late and Tim Horton's is closed. Needs me a coffee!

hey man, you sound like you know what you are doing and we all appreciate that, but could you, maybe, think about what you are typing before you type it?

we will all look forward to your mods for MVP Baseball 2004. Thanks

Ok, the texture look I got down as the wood actually looks like wood. God bless that burn tool and same with the dodge tool. A friend said it looked like a nice tree was cut down for my sdsbat2 I made. So I made 7 more. However I have no idea how to pack them since I stopped making addons when NHL 2004 came out, so I dont know how to use the fancy new tools.

So spitoon, I was wondering if you would do me the favour of packing these and then uploading the file back here after would be peachy.

In the pack uploaded here are as follow

3 fantasy bats called SDS bats.

1 Mizuno bat

2 Louisville Sluggers

2 Eastons

They are original size (128x32 and not 2x or 3x those dimensions)

get the bats here http://www.nhldepot.org/sinbin/SuddenDeath...ball%20bats.zip

Ok, the texture look I got down as the wood actually looks like wood. God bless that burn tool and same with the dodge tool. A friend said it looked like a nice tree was cut down for my sdsbat2 I made. So I made 7 more. However I have no idea how to pack them since I stopped making addons when NHL 2004 came out, so I dont know how to use the fancy new tools.

So spitoon, I was wondering if you would do me the favour of packing these and then uploading the file back here after would be peachy.

In the pack uploaded here are as follow

3 fantasy bats called SDS bats.

1 Mizuno bat

2 Louisville Sluggers

2 Eastons

They are original size (128x32 and not 2x or 3x those dimensions)

get the bats here http://www.nhldepot.org/sinbin/SuddenDeath...ball%20bats.zip

For someone that has given me such a hard time over the last few days you sure are asking alot :o

You're lucky I'm one hell of a nice guy, I will do it for you. I'll have to convert them to .bmp's first.

A couple of questions:

1) the first image (eastonbat.png) is double size (256X64), do you want it that way or do you want it regular size (128X32)? I have to edit the index.fsh to accept the different sizes.

2) Do you just want the bat.fsh file back, or do you want an entire initstaz.big?

I won't upload it here, but I will e-mail it to you and you can do with it as you please. In order to upload it here you have to include a readme (installation instructions etc..) and some screen shots of the bats in action.

I give you a hard time cuz I'm an asshole and being an admin of an addon site, I dont like it when people's stuff dont work.

As for the bmp... you dont have to convert them. you just have to add them to a .fsh file and they can be png. Trust me on that one... the png is the better image file to use.

And yeah make them the same 128x32 size. Sorry I didnt realize that I forgot to change the size before I saved it

I give you a hard time cuz I'm an [naughty word] and being an admin of an addon site, I dont like it when people's stuff dont work.

As for the bmp... you dont have to convert them. you just have to add them to a .fsh file and they can be png. Trust me on that one... the png is the better image file to use.

And yeah make them the same 128x32 size. Sorry I didnt realize that I forgot to change the size before I saved it

I just got upset because it did work and you were telling me that it didn't....I solved the problem for a guy on another site by getting him to update to V0.59 of gfxpak, it worked for him after that.

Anyways, that is in the past, I'm here to help you now. I don't have all the tools to do it here at work (besides, I should be working :o ), so I will have to look at it tonight. It shouldn't take me too long to import them though. Please PM me your e-mail address and I will send the zipped initstaz.big file to you...I'll leave my high res ball in it for you too :D

And is it anyway i can uninstall it..........Than i don't have to re-install MVP, and download all the updates agian....?
you dont have to uninstall it.

Open the "my computer" icon.

go to the drive with you mvp disk in it. Open the drive up and look for the data folder and initstaz.big file. Copy it. Then go back to the program file location of MVP 2004

the default location is c:/program files/ea sports/mvp 2004

Then paste the initstaz file. It will ask if you are going to overwrite the file and click yes.

I have that problem with my game where I click to play a game and it crashes. I just restart my computer and then restart th game. I always make sure that before i go to play a game in dynasty mode. Once I restart, everything works after that.

you dont have to uninstall it.

Open the "my computer" icon.

go to the drive with you mvp disk in it. Open the drive up and look for the data folder and initstaz.big file. Copy it. Then go back to the program file location of MVP 2004

the default location is c:/program files/ea sports/mvp 2004

Then paste the initstaz file. It will ask if you are going to overwrite the file and click yes.

I have that problem with my game where I click to play a game and it crashes. I just restart my computer and then restart th game. I always make sure that before i go to play a game in dynasty mode. Once I restart, everything works after that.

It still crashes!

When the dialog box comes up saying that it can't find the correct file, click on the box and move it out of the way so you can see what file it its getting hung up on. Then find that file on the orginal CD's and copy and paste it into the correct location, then try the patch again. You may have to do this for a couple of files, I did when I installed Patch 2.

Spitoon, thanks for your addon, it has brought alot to freshen up MVP2004! Yammer...keep yammering away jackass. Spitoon, just a suggestion that I am sure could be easily done. Could you include some pinetar on some of the bats (light lousiville in particular). I love what you did but most guys in the bigs have the handles coated in pinetar almost up to the labels.

Spitoon, thanks for your addon, it has brought alot to freshen up MVP2004! Yammer...keep yammering away jackass. Spitoon, just a suggestion that I am sure could be easily done. Could you include some pinetar on some of the bats (light lousiville in particular). I love what you did but most guys in the bigs have the handles coated in pinetar almost up to the labels.

Great suggestion Dino, I have been thinking about that since version 2...the bats do look too clean, I'll do some experimenting.

Some guys have them so gummed up you can barely tell what bat they use....same with their batting helmets, check out Vlad Guerrero's (sp?) one time....

Oh, and lay off Yammer, I think we have 'worked things out' 8)

Archived