The Fair Trade System

jservice

Not so much the fair trades, but just knowing in advance what becomes of the prospects is what I consider cheating. In real life prospects are just that, in this game however prospects are stars in the making.

But that's not true either, there's been plenty of prospects who haven't panned out in my dynasty. The only way it's cheating, in my opinion, is if you edit the prospects to have more "prospect stars" than they are supposed to have and thus increasing their chances of becoming star players.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's not lose the reason for this thread. To post the fair trades made. If you traded fairly for a player then write down all info about trade.

Who for Who - and the year you're in

The Contract - Yr @ $$$

I refer everyone back to the first post.

Let's keep this informational, not trivial.

Third year of dynasty, traded Aramis Ramirez to Seattle for Adrian Beltre.

Beltre better at almost everything but only marginally better overall.

Contracts: Beltre - 3 years @ 12.8 million, Ramirez - 3 years @ 8.5 million.

As Seattle I've traded Raul Ibanez, who was hitting .211, straight-up for Willy Mo Pena, who is 6 years younger, only slightly less capable in terms of fielding and hitting right-handers (I'm hoping those will pick up sometime between now and age 30 :roll: ), and absolutely destroys left-handers (95/85). A capable DH for now and heir-apparent to Ichiro in a couple of years.

Anyone sorta feel like they are cheating?

MVP 2003 used to let me trade absolute bums for above average players in a series of trades, and then allow me to acquire anyone for 3 of those above average players. By comparison, this hardly feels wrong at all.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been trying to trade Todd Walker and here are some trades that I'm able to make ( this is in dynasty mode ):

CHC Trade:

T. Walker

C. Fox

for

H. Blalock

crappy AAA pitcher

CHC Trade:

T. Walker

for

A. Soriano and a rp ( soriano's salary is only 2 mil in my game, maybe cuz of editing )

CHC Trade:

T. Walker

for

M. Young

AAA Player

this is with fair trades on. Doesn't seem very realistic. I almost went through with that Blalock trade, but figured that Texas would never do that in real life and Blalock has only played 4 games in his MLB career starting at second, so...I didn't do it.

should I go through with one of these? ( i'm not in need of a power hitter or anything, just a solid player )

i figured how to make some trades..got durazo and he's whacking HRs for fun.however with fair trades and budgets on,i always gotta give somebody who's abt the same lvl of ability with a lower salary,then they'll bite.

i got like 3.4 mil left in the bank only..however,my CWS team has risen up to no.8!cool :chin:

i figured how to make some trades..got durazo and he's whacking HRs for fun.however with fair trades and budgets on,i always gotta give somebody who's abt the same lvl of ability with a lower salary,then they'll bite.

i got like 3.4 mil left in the bank only..however,my CWS team has risen up to no.8!cool :chin:

So you always have to take on salary or match up salaries perfectly to trade in Dynasty mode right?

In dynasty yes. I believe owner mode is alot easier to use for trades.

EA really got things wrong this time. I like a challenge so that I cannot just trade for Pujols, but let's I'm offering Kerry Wood for Mike Redman - just cuz their salaries don't compute doesn't mean the cpu shouldn't go through with it.

Now if the comp is taking on millions of salary then I can understand, but just 1 mil extra shouldn't restrain the cpu from making a trade ( during the season, sometimes the computer offers me trades that makes them TAKE ON salary, so ... ).

It seems like the guys over at EA made it either too easy or too hard...there's no in between. Anyway, if you use your creativity then you're still able to pull/rip off the computer :chin:

can you find a fair trade for Ken Griffey Jr., Willy Mo Pena to the Mariners ill like to put Griffey on his first team, Willy Mo in RF (Ichiro can play LF too or ill put him for my DH, plz if you :help: me, ill help you looking for a fair trade for Albert Pujols

It's Griffey Time!!!!! :wtg:

Griffey's total HR in 2005 (MY MVP BASEBALL DYNASTY) .372(BEST AVG IN MLB) 62 HR(BEST IN MLB) 147 RBI (T-1st with Pujols) 185 Hits (1st in MLB) (Ichiro in 2nd)

Broken Bats: $150 :mad:

going late to the Batting Practice: $300 :mad:

going to a vacation in Miami and didn't play the most important game of the season: $2500 :wtg:

Win the Triple Crown and the MVP award: Priceless

Archived